Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de rockpoetry posté le 2004-12-28 14:03:24 (S | E | F | I)
As you may have heard, one of the most powerful earthquakes in history hit southern Asia ... The death toll is still spiralling upwards ... O h , m y g o d ...that makes me want to cry.
I've woken up and realized that Nature could trigger a lot of disasters...
Then I say to myself that Mankind will sadly never be able to control planet's fate... no never...
I am bewildered when I try to understand what is the meaning of life...
-------------------
Edité par bridg le 28-12-2004 14:05
English only (I send you a MP)

Réponse: re:Asia:simply horrifying.. de emy64, postée le 2004-12-28 15:10:24 (S | E)
I agree with you, definitely...it is kind of scarying. Just one thing to say : Carpe Diem....
Emy

Réponse: re:Asia:simply horrifying.. de goldberg, postée le 2004-12-28 16:09:56 (S | E)
I heard about that disaster and I saw it at the TV, it was terrible and difficult to see how people could die like this. You can that again "ho, my God... It makes us to cry..".

Réponse: re:Asia:simply horrifying.. de traviskidd, postée le 2004-12-28 18:34:43 (S | E)
"Carpe Diem" is not allowed. That is Latin, and this is an English Only forum. You must say "Seize the Day". ;-)

The destruction caused by the tsunamis in Asia is indeed truly horrible.
-------------------
Edité par bridg le 28-12-2004 18:58
Travis,you can't talk about politics, I wiped this part of your message

Réponse: re:Asia:simply horrifying.. de emy64, postée le 2004-12-28 19:11:21 (S | E)
ok thank you for correcting me travis.
Emy

Réponse: re:Asia:simply horrifying.. de marit64, postée le 2004-12-29 01:02:23 (S | E)
Rockpoetry

I completely agree with you. What a disaster! We'll never understand why all thoses miseries happen. Let's join and pray for them because their basic needs are very numerous.

Réponse: re:Asia:simply horrifying.. de , postée le 2004-12-29 01:19:43 (S | E)
We in Canada are shedding tears with everyone around the globe. I know nothing of any rule that says why we can not talk of politics Brig, it makes me deeply ashamed to live on a continent where we can turn our backs on our fellow human beings like this...the meager sum of aid money that the Canadian and U.S. governments have promised makes me cringe with embarrassment. The sum would not buy one peanut butter sandwich for all those effected and we here live with such affluence, it makes me feel sick.
I am sending some money to an organization called "Doctors without borders" I challenge each and every one of you to send a little sign that humanity does still indeed exist.

Réponse: re:Asia:simply horrifying.. de rockpoetry, postée le 2004-12-29 13:22:18 (S | E)
I have read all your comments... thanks to you all. You know, I think we all should be affected by what happened...
indeed what if it had been our countries (France,USA,Canada,England, etc.) to have been hitten...??

They are saying 62,000 people died from the Tsunami that hit the other side of the world, and they are expecting it to grow : the worst is yet to come because there are diseases and contamination after the fact...
2 days ago, when I went to bed I was already heart broken that 22,000 had been declared dead, then yesterday at 7:30 pm when I turned the TV on and found that number tripled just tore me to pieces... How could so many die? unfortunately it is not a nightmare...it is real.

I mourn their loss, but then I thought of the children. How many died, how many are left without a parent, how many are left with no parents, how many lost all of their siblings, how many lost everyone? What will happen to these children? Will the children be taken care of?
Can you imagine how they will grow up?

please help people there if you can . Be thankful that it is not your body or your loved ones body that are put into the grave. Sorry if I am too direct...

If you pray, then pray for these "lost" souls.. if you do not pray, keep them in your hearts.

Réponse: re:Asia:simply horrifying.. de augusto, postée le 2004-12-29 16:00:59 (S | E)
What's the meaning of life? That's an eternal question to which humanity could not find an appropriate answer. It is true that in front of a painful situation we loose hope and we ask ourselve many questions or complain a lot. I think, what is important in such situation is to trust God and to act in the interest of those who are affected.
A gesture of love gives hope and joy!
A word of love make the life easy!

Réponse: re:Asia:simply horrifying.. de fairlie, postée le 2005-01-09 22:51:43 (S | E)
It is with a heavy heart but with a less heavy heart that I tell you that despite a very poor start Canada and Canadians in general have truly opened their hearts and their wallets to those in Asia. I have been amazed by the fact that every single place that I, and my children, go to is raising money for the relief effort... work and school, Karate, drama, every shop, the gas station....the radio, the newspaper, the bank...everybody here is doing what they can. It has restored my faith in humanity.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux