Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de fifi posté le 2004-06-01 23:14:34 (S | E | F | I)
what was the role of martgaret thatcher in europe?

i apreciate your help thank you

Réponse: voila de gizm0, postée le 2004-06-01 23:25:47 (S | E)
Thatcher worked to diminish the role of the government in the economy, improve competitiveness and encourage entrepreneurship. She privatised many nationalised industries (among them British Telecom, British Gas, BP, British Airways, British Steel, the water industry, and the electricity industry), aiming to greatly improve their efficiency. Although she cut the budgets of many social programmes, overall public spending remained roughly stable or increased slightly.

In 1989 Thatcher introduced a tax on individuals, (the "community charge") that became known as the poll tax. This was an attempt to reform the widely criticized and antiquated local tax system (Rates) by replacing the previous tax on housing with a simple per-person flat rate. However, the perceived inequitable nature of a flat rate was widely disliked among the British public and resulted in people going to jail to avoid payment on principle, mass demonstrations and, finally, a number of riots. This political misjudgment was a major setback for the Thatcher government. However Thatcher also brought about major changes in the ownership of council housing that initially spread her popularity to many former Labour voters.

One of her final acts in office was to pressure US President George H. W. Bush to deploy troops to the Middle East to drive Saddam Hussein's army out of Kuwait. Bush was somewhat aprehensive about the plan, but Thatcher famously told him that this was "no time to go wobbly!"

http://www.campusprogram.com/reference/en/wikipedia/m/ma/margaret_thatcher.html

Réponse: re de chrisg, postée le 2004-06-02 06:44:24 (S | E)
who privatized the english equivalent to our french "sncf" ? did she ... ?

Réponse: re de fifi, postée le 2004-06-02 08:01:13 (S | E)
thanks a lot for your help, do you know any site about this subject please!

Réponse: re de gizm0, postée le 2004-06-02 08:37:02 (S | E)
go to google.fr & type margaret thatcher

Réponse: re de fifi, postée le 2004-06-02 09:08:25 (S | E)
thank you gizmo

Réponse: re de fifi, postée le 2004-06-02 09:23:00 (S | E)
please gizmo , do you know the difference between election in USA &UK; i 've some ideas but i need more, if not tell me in which site could i provide this explanation , i appreciate your help!

Réponse: re de gizm0, postée le 2004-06-02 10:07:39 (S | E)
I told you fifi!!!!!!!!! USE GOOGLE.FR ! and look for the information

Réponse: re de fifi, postée le 2004-06-02 11:05:51 (S | E)
i already used it thanks!!

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux