Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de damiro posté le 2004-10-01 22:07:00 (S | E | F | I)
Hello, I write this post to ask you something very important for me...

I must do a talk about Otis Redding, the information is very important, but I think the pronunciation and the clarity are also very important for me. Our teachers of English, who are not native speakers can't correct our accent properly or help us to improve it.

That's why I take the liberty of asking all the native-speaker who would like to help me to do, if they want, something for me...

Would somebody agree to record himself reading a short text to allow me to ear the right pronunciation?

Many thanks in advance..
-------------------
Edité par bridg le 03-10-2004 18:53

Réponse: re:HELP ME: Talk de elbisee, postée le 2004-10-04 01:05:08 (S | E)
Dear Damiro,

I admire your determination to speak English perfectly. I doubt that an American like me can help with your current problem. I suspect you really need someone from Great Britain to do this for you. Am I right in guessing you're learning to speak English with a British accent? I see you're from Liège, and I know there's a university there. If you're a student there--or even if you're not--you could find out if there's a British student who would be willing to record your text for the price of a cup of coffee. Good luck.

Réponse: re:HELP ME: Talk de papispa, postée le 2004-10-04 18:09:13 (S | E)
damiro--
If no one else is responding, I would be glad to help you. What accent would you like? I've been in the theatre for 44 years.
(No comments from the Peanut Gallery, please.)

Réponse: re:HELP ME: Talk de damiro, postée le 2004-10-06 14:30:25 (S | E)
Thanks for your answer... It's very kind of you...

I'd say that normal way of speaking and american accent would be perfect... because I've just to make a talk in front of my class, a talk about Otis Redding indeed.
But I think it's very important not to speak English 'comme une vache espagnole' as we say in French... that's why I appeal to you.

I'll send you the final (and short) text, as soon as it will be ready (i.e. probably about Friday of Saturday)

Once again, thank you for your help...

Yours sincirely,

Damiro

Réponse: re:HELP ME: Talk de damiro, postée le 2004-10-10 23:16:58 (S | E)
Here is the text, thank you for your help.

Otis Redding was born in 1941 in Dawson (Georgia). At an early age, he began his career as a singer and musician in the choir of the Vineville church.
He started to compete in local talent shows for the 5$ prize. After winning 15 times straight, he was no longer allowed to compete.

His concerts were among the biggest successes of any touring performer during his time.
Otis Redding sang with the biggest stars (Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles …).
His energy and excitement, his showmanship, and his relationship with the crowd made him a master as a performer who had the rare gift of being able to reach audience the world over.

It was all his international songs - like (sittin’ on) the dock of the bay, my girl, these arms of mine, try a little tenderness, stand by me, I’ve been loving you too long … - all composed, written, and arranged by Redding, that lead to his commercial success.

But outside the backstage, Otis Redding was above all a family man. Married to Zelma Atwood, he had 4 children (Dexter, Karla, Otis III and Dimitria) who nicknamed him The Big O.

Unfortunately, on December 10th 1967, Otis’ private plane, a twin-engine Beechcraft crashed into Lake Monona (Wisconsin). On this memorable day, the world lost a Musical Legend.

-------------------
Edité par damiro le 2004-10-15 20:23:06

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux