Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de joy813 posté le 2004-10-10 13:31:24 (S | E | F | I)
Good morning everybody

Complete the text with these words:
white water - fit - experiences - bought - modern - colourful - stop - flew - spectacular - trek - start - trip - sailed - entered - sightseeing - journey - city - direct - flight - comfortable - rooms - luxuries - ship - adventurous - bored

If you're --------- with beaches, but you aren't ---- or adventurous enough to --------through the Himalayas or the Sahara desert, try Alaska.
Our ---------- to America's largest and most northerly state was one of the greatest -------of my life.
First of all we ----- to Vancouver in Canada. We spent two days in this very -------- city, before we started our seven-day ----------- by ship along the Alaskan coast.
The first ----- was Ketchikan, where we all ------- lots of souvenirs: -------- blankets and shirts were the most popular things.
From Ketchikan, we ---------- to Sitka Harbour and we -------- a different world.
The scenery with its mountains and volcanoes was -----------, particularly the dramatic Columbia Glacier, over 80 metres high.
We spent our final day in Anchorage, Alaska's largest -------- . We took a ----------------- tour around the city and then went to the airport.
There are no ------- flights from Alaska to London, so we flew to Seattle to pick un the -------- home.
The whole holiday was wonderful. the ship was very ----------- . The --------- were quite small, but had lots of little ------------ , and the food was excellent. You spend most of your time on the ---------, although the more --------- tourists can try -------- boat rides through the rapids on some of the rivers.
The holiday is quite expensive. Prices ----- at about £1,100.

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-10 16:50:08 (S | E)
white water - fit - experiences - bought - modern - colourful - stop - flew - spectacular - trek - start - trip - sailed - entered - sightseeing - journey - city - direct - flight - comfortable - rooms - luxuries - ship - adventurous - bored

If you're (BORED) with beaches, but you aren't ---- or adventurous enough to (FIT)through the Himalayas or the Sahara desert, try Alaska.
Our (JOURNEY) to America's largest and most northerly state was one of the greatest TRIP of my life.
First of all we FLEW to Vancouver in Canada. We spent two days in this very (modern) city, before we started our seven-day (TREK) by ship along the Alaskan coast.
The first (stop) was Ketchikan, where we all (bought) lots of souvenirs: colourful) blankets and shirts were the most popular things.
From Ketchikan, we SAILED to Sitka Harbour and we (ENTERED) a different world.
The scenery with its mountains and volcanoes was -----------, particularly the dramatic Columbia Glacier, over 80 metres high.
We spent our final day in Anchorage, Alaska's largest( CITY) . We took a (sightseeing) tour around the city and then went to the airport.
There are no (DIRECT) flights from Alaska to London, so we flew to Seattle to pick un the (flight) home.
The whole holiday was wonderful. the ship was very (COMFORTABLE) . The ROOMS were quite small, but had lots of little ------------ , and the food was excellent. You spend most of your time on the (SHIP), although the more (ADVENTUROUS) tourists can try -------- boat rides through the rapids on some of the rivers.
The holiday is quite expensive. Prices ----- at about £1,100.
it s not easy at all!!!!!!!!!!!i couldnt finish it & i m not sure about my answers

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de minouche15, postée le 2004-10-10 16:51:34 (S | E)
- If you're bored with beaches, but you aren't fit or adventurous enough to trek through the Hymalayas or the Sahara desert, try Alaska .
Our trip to America's largest and most northerly was one of the greatest experiences of my life .
First of all we flew to Vancouver in Canada . We spent two days in this very modern city, before we started our seven-days journey by ship along the Alaskan coast .
The first stop was kechikan, where we all bought lots of souvenirs : colourful blankets and shirts were the most popular things .
From Ketchikan, we sailed to Sitka Harbour et we entered a different world .
The scenery with its mountains and volcanoes were spectacular, particularly the dramatic columbia Glacier, over 80 metres high .
We spent our final day in Anchorage, Alaska's largest city . We took a sightseeing tour around the city and then went to the airport .
There are no direct flight from Alaska to London, so we flew to Seattle to pick up the ... home .
The whole holiday was wonderful . The ship was very confortable ; The rooms were quite small, but had lots of little luxuries, and the food was excellent .
We spend most of your time on the Ship, although the more adventurous tourists can try white water boat rides through the rapid on some of the rivers .
The holiday is quite expensive . Prices start at about 1£,100 .

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-10 18:34:17 (S | E)
Minouche, you're a , your text is perfect, but I think you forgot one word : Look at this : so we flew to Seattle to pick up the ... home .

Morenita, it's not so bad !
And you're right, it was more difficult than the last one ...

Joy

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de minouche15, postée le 2004-10-10 20:25:14 (S | E)
-Thank you Joy, I wasn't sure from my answers, and I didn't find anymore that last word !... it's " the comfortable home, isn't it ?...

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-10 20:59:36 (S | E)
No Minouche, you put comfortable in this sentence :
The ship was very confortable and that's correct.
Have a look at Morenita's answers : she found it .

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de minouche15, postée le 2004-10-10 23:45:55 (S | E)
-OK joy, I was tired after this hard exercise . Thank you . And see you soon .

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-11 14:22:45 (S | E)
Good morning
That's another one ( not so difficult )

abroad - years - down - climates - born - left - his - preferred - didn't - now - started - Far - died - nearly - university - lost - agree - to - when - moved - ago - child - for

Max and his family moved around a lot when he was a -------- because his parents couldn't ------------- where to live.
His father wanted to live --------- because he liked warm ------ but his mother ---------- Britain.
Max was ---- in Peru, but he and his sister Jane grew up mostly in England. The family ------ Peru when he was about four ------ old and went to England.
-- ----- grandfather was ill and his mother wanted to be near him.
They ------- stay in England long, however, as Max's grandfather ----.
His father then got a job in the -------- East, in Singapore. They were there for ------ five years, but then his father -------his job when his company closed ---------.
They moved back ----- Britain ------ his father got a job in Scotland. They were only in Scotland ------ about six months, however.
It was too cold there, so they moved to south London. Max ------ secondary school and so they stayed there until he left school and went to ------------. About two years ------Max got a place at a university in Canada, and that's where he is ---------.

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-11 17:41:38 (S | E)
abroad - years - down - climates - born - left - his - preferred - didn't - now - started - Far - died - nearly - university - lost - agree - to - when - moved - ago - child - for

Max and his family moved around a lot when he was a (CHILD) because his parents couldn't (AGREE) where to live.
His father wanted to live(ABROAD) because he liked warm (CLIMATES) but his mother (PREFERRED) Britain.
Max was (BORN) in Peru, but he and his sister Jane grew up mostly in England. The family (LEFT) Peru when he was about four (YEARS) old and went to England.
(HIS) grandfather was ill and his mother wanted to be near him.
They (DIDNT) stay in England long, however, as Max's grandfather (DIED).
His father then got a job in the (FAR) East, in Singapore. They were there for (NEARLY) five years, but then his father (LOST) his job when his company closed (DOWN).
They moved back (TO) Britain (WHEN) his father got a job in Scotland. They were only in Scotland (FOR) about six months, however.
It was too cold there, so they moved to south London. Max (STARTED)secondary school and so they stayed there until he left school and went to (UNIVERSITY). About two years (AGO) Max got a place at a university in Canada, and that's where he is (NOW).

-------------------
Edité par morenita le 2004-10-12 17:43:13

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-11 19:47:15 (S | E)
Hi Morenita,
I'll send you a mp with the correction ...

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-12 17:44:34 (S | E)
THANKS joy i found the missing word!
look above & correct

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-12 22:18:28 (S | E)
Morenita, you're a

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-12 23:58:35 (S | E)
& you are an
waiting for another one

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-13 10:35:41 (S | E)
All right then

Complete the story, using these verbs : into the correct tense ....

pay - go - jump - take - try - open - reply - see - arrive - say - happen - get - wake up - come - look - have - run - turn - telephone - find

Yesterday morning, John ------------ and ------- his eyes. He ------- at the clock. When he ---------the time, he ----------out of bed. It was ten o'clock and he -------- an important interview at 10.30.
He -------- dressed as quickly as possible and ------- out to the car. He ------------- the ignition key, but nothing -------------- . He -------- again, but again nothing. Indoors again, he ---------- for a taxi. The taxi ---------- ten minutes later. They --------- at the place at 10.45. John -------- the taxi and ---------- into the building. He ------------- the lift to the fifth floor and ---------- the office.
"I've got an interview, but I'm afraid I'm a bit late" he -------- to the receptionist.
"Don't worry, Sir " she ------------- .
"You aren't late. In fact you're early. The intervieuws are tomorrow."

-------------------
Edité par joy813 le 2004-10-13 17:10:29

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-13 13:09:00 (S | E)
pay - go - jump - take - try - open - reply - see - arrive - say - happen - get - wake up - come - look - have - run - turn - telephone

Yesterday morning, John (WOKE UP) and (OPENED)his eyes. He (LOOKED)at the clock. When he (SAW)the time, he (JUMPED)out of bed. It was ten o'clock and he (HAD) an important interview at 10.30.
He (GOT) dressed as quickly as possible and (WENT ) out to the car. He (TURNED) the ignition key, but nothing (HAPPENED) . He (TRIED)again, but again nothing. Indoors again, he -------- for a taxi. The taxi (CAME) ten minutes later. They (ARRIVED) at the place at 10.45. John (PAYED) the taxi and (RAN) into the building. He (TOOK) the lift to the fifth floor and ---------- the office.
"I've got an interview, but I'm afraid I'm a bit late" he (SAID) to the receptionist.
"Don't worry, Sir " she (REPLIED) .
"You aren't late. In fact you're early. The intervieuws are tomorrow

-------------------
Edité par morenita le 2004-10-13 13:23:03

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-13 13:33:53 (S | E)
are we allowed to use a word twice?????

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-13 17:16:52 (S | E)
Sorry Morenita, but I forgot one word in the list (find).
I've just corrected now ...

So you have to find 2 words (because of me )

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de karine73, postée le 2004-10-13 17:20:17 (S | E)
Bon je tentes !!

pay - go - jump - take - try - open - reply - see - arrive - say - happen - get - wake up - come - look - have - run - turn - telephone

Yesterday morning, John woke up and opened his eyes. He looked at the clock. When he saw the time, he get out of bed. It was ten o'clock and he had an important interview at 10.30.
He -------- dressed as quickly as possible and go out to the car. He turned the ignition key, but nothing happened . He tried again, but again nothing. Indoors again, he telephoned for a taxi. The taxi came ten minutes later. They arrived at the place at 10.45. John paid the taxi and ran into the building. He took the lift to the fifth floor and ------- the office.
"I've got an interview, but I'm afraid I'm a bit late" he said to the receptionist.
"Don't worry, Sir " she replied.
"You aren't late. In fact you're early. The interviews are tomorrow."

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-13 20:06:24 (S | E)
Good evening

Morenita:

Indoors again, he -------- for a taxi.
He (TOOK) the lift to the fifth floor and ---------- the office.

Karin:
He -------- dressed as quickly as possible
He took the lift to the fifth floor and ------- the office.

All the rest is ok

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-13 22:14:54 (S | E)
yeah, i was sure that there was something wrong
Indoors again, he (TELEPHONED) for a taxi.
He (TOOK) the lift to the fifth floor and (FOUND) the office
Is that correct?i dont think so but i didnt have another choice anyway

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-14 11:18:10 (S | E)
Of course it's correct !

Do you want onother oen or not ?

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-14 15:03:22 (S | E)
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure!!!i m looking forward to having it

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-14 20:20:51 (S | E)
All right then

cloud - in - fell - from - away - evacuated - population - on - towards - have - escape - buses - thrown - thousands

It was like midnight at noon yesterday as Mount Pinatubo, ........ the northern Philippines, erupted for the second time. A huge ......... of dust, gas and steam was .......... fifteen miles into the sky. Ash and rocks ....... on farms and villages up to twenty miles ......... from the volcano. The roads were filled with ........... of people - some in cars, ....... and lorries, others ........ food. They were all trying to ......... from the wall of lava that was moving down the mountain ......... their homes.
The inhabitants od the city of Angeles will probably .......... to leave their homes. The city, with a ......... of 300,000, lies only twenty miles ......... the volcano. The nearby American military base was ....... after the first eruption five days ago.

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de guy_de, postée le 2004-10-14 21:11:31 (S | E)
I try to answer !!
white water - - experiences - bought - modern - - - - - - -- - - - luxuries - -

If you're ----bored----- with beaches, but you aren't ---- or adventurous enough to ---trek ------through the Himalayas or the Sahara desert, try Alaska.
Our --journey-------- to America's largest and most northerly state was one of the greatest --of my life.
First of all we -flew---- to Vancouver in Canada. We spent two days in this very --colourful------ city, before we started our seven-day ---trip -------- by ship along the Alaskan coast.
The first --stop --- was Ketchikan, where we all --fit ----- lots of souvenirs: -------- blankets and shirts were the most popular things.
From Ketchikan, we --flight-------- to Sitka Harbour and we ---entered ----- a different world.
The scenery with its mountains and volcanoes was --spectacular ---------, particularly the dramatic Columbia Glacier, over 80 metres high.
We spent our final day in Anchorage, Alaska's largest -- city ------ . We took a -----sightseeing------------ tour around the city and then went to the airport.
There are no ---direct ---- flights from Alaska to London, so we flew to Seattle to pick un the -------- home.
The whole holiday was wonderful. the ship was very --comfortable--------- . The ---rooms - ------ were quite small, but had lots of little ------------ , and the food was excellent. You spend most of your time on the ---- ship ------, although the more --adventurous ------------ tourists can try ---sailed - - ------ boat rides through the rapids on some of the rivers.
The holiday is quite expensive. Prices --start ---- at about £1,100.

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de guy_de, postée le 2004-10-14 21:22:34 (S | E)
Sorry joy,, for my poor english !

- fell - from - - - on - towards - have - - .

It was like midnight at noon yesterday as Mount Pinatubo, .... - in.... the northern Philippines, erupted for the second time. A huge ...cloud...... of dust, gas and steam was .......... fifteen miles into the sky. Ash and rocks ....... on farms and villages up to twenty miles ......... from the volcano. The roads were filled with ....thousands........ of people - some in cars, ... buses - -.... and lorries, others ........ food. They were all trying to ..escape....... from the wall of lava that was moving down the mountain ...thrown ...... their homes.
The inhabitants od the city of Angeles will probably to leave their homes. The city, with a ..population -....... of 300,000, lies only twenty miles ....away ..... the volcano. The nearby American military base was .evacuated........ ...... after the first eruption five days ago.

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-14 22:06:00 (S | E)
on board Guy !
I think it's the first time you post an answer, and it's
But, we're on the page number 3 ... so when you want to answer, first check the number of pages, and go in the last one, ok?
I'll send you a mp ... and thank you for your participation.

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-15 17:00:27 (S | E)
cloud - in - fell - from - away - evacuated - population - on - towards - have - escape - buses - thrown - thousands

It was like midnight at noon yesterday as Mount Pinatubo, (IN) the northern Philippines, erupted for the second time. A huge (CLOUD) of dust, gas and steam was (EVACUATED) fifteen miles into the sky. Ash and rocks (FELL) on farms and villages up to twenty miles (AWAY) from the volcano. The roads were filled with (THOUSANDS) of people - some in cars, (BUSES) and lorries, others ........ food. They were all trying to (ESCAPE)from the wall of lava that was moving down the mountain (TOWARDS) their homes.
The inhabitants od the city of Angeles will probably (HAVE)to leave their homes. The city, with a (POPULATION) of 300,000, lies only twenty miles (FROM) the volcano. The nearby American military base was (THROWN) after the first eruption five days ago.
are you sure to do not make a mistake in the sixth sentence about (food)??

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-16 10:59:56 (S | E)

Of course Morenita, I did It wasn't food but foot !
Anyway you made 2 mistakes :

1. gas and steam was .......... fifteen miles into the sky
2. The nearby American military base was ....... after the first eruption five days ago.

others ........ foot (means à pied)

Thanks a lot

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-16 15:03:00 (S | E)
ohhhhh i always make that kind of silly mistakes
1. gas and steam was (THROWN) fifteen miles into the sky
2. The nearby American military base was (EVACUATED) after the first eruption five days ago.

others (ON) foot

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-16 18:00:30 (S | E)
Morenita, you're a

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-16 18:10:16 (S | E)
Thanks to you Joy!!!

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-21 13:42:28 (S | E)
There is a new story

Complete the story with these words :
beautiful - carefully - green - happily - hot - quickly - angry - suddenly - deep - immediately - handsome - unfortunately - unhappy - quietly

Once upon a time, there was a ------- princess who had a golden ball. She lives in a palace with her father, the King, and her seven sisters. Every day, she played with her ball in the garden of the palace.
At the end of the garden there was a ------------, dark lake.
When the weather was ----------, the princess liked playing near the lake.
-----------, one day, she dropped her golden ball into the water. she was very --------- and she sat on the grass and started to cry.
--------- she heard a voice: "Don't cry, princess."
She opened her eyes and saw a large ------ frog. "oh, please help me!" she said, "I can't get my ball."
"I'll help you " said the frog, "if I can come and live with you in the palace!".
"Yes, of course. I promise" said the princess.
So, the frog jumped into the water and came back with the ball.
The princess laughed and took the ball. She ran ------ back to the palace and forgot all about the frog.
The frog was very -------. He followed the princess into the palace and told his story to the King.
"A promise is a promise" said the frog.
"Yes" said the King and called his daughter. "A promise is a promise, my daughter. Take this frog to your room and look after him ---------.
The princess cried again, but she took the frog and put him on her bed. The frog looked at her and said -------: "Please, kiss me, princess". she closed her eyes and kissed him.
-------, the frog turned into a ------- prince.
Of course, he and the princess fell in live.
One week later, they married and they lived -------- ever after.

Isn't it romantic ?

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-21 15:23:13 (S | E)
beautiful - carefully - green - happily - hot - quickly - angry - suddenly - deep - immediately - handsome - unfortunately - unhappy - quietly

Once upon a time, there was a (BEAUTIFUL) princess who had a golden ball. She lives in a palace with her father, the King, and her seven sisters. Every day, she played with her ball in the garden of the palace.
At the end of the garden there was a (DEEP), dark lake.
When the weather was (HOT), the princess liked playing near the lake.
(UNFORTUNATELY), one day, she dropped her golden ball into the water. she was very (UNHAPPY) and she sat on the grass and started to cry.
(SUDDENLY) she heard a voice: "Don't cry, princess."
She opened her eyes and saw a large (GREEN) frog. "oh, please help me!" she said, "I can't get my ball."
"I'll help you " said the frog, "if I can come and live with you in the palace!".
"Yes, of course. I promise" said the princess.
So, the frog jumped into the water and came back with the ball.
The princess laughed and took the ball. She ran (QUICKLY) back to the palace and forgot all about the frog.
The frog was very (ANGRY). He followed the princess into the palace and told his story to the King.
"A promise is a promise" said the frog.
"Yes" said the King and called his daughter. "A promise is a promise, my daughter. Take this frog to your room and look after him (CAREFULLY).
The princess cried again, but she took the frog and put him on her bed. The frog looked at her and said (QUIETLY): "Please, kiss me, princess". she closed her eyes and kissed him.
(IMMEDIATELY), the frog turned into a (HANDSOME) prince.
Of course, he and the princess fell in lOve.
One week later, they married and they lived (HAPPILY) ever after.

-------------------
Edité par morenita le 2004-10-21 16:53:14

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-21 16:48:16 (S | E)
Super Morenita !
Be carreful : quietly and not quitely

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-21 16:50:08 (S | E)
I ll correct it,thanx

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-26 10:33:29 (S | E)
Are you ready for another one ?

taught - came - toured - were told - was made - didn't know - were caused - was offered - had - found

Helen Keller's deafness and blindness ------------ by a severe illness when she was a baby. Her parents --------- what to do, and they -------- it difficult to control their growing daughter. One day they ------- about a brilliant young teacher called Anne Sullivan. She -------- to work with Helen and, very firmly and patiently, ---------- her that every object -------- a name. Eventually Helen ----------- a place at university. After this she ------- the world helping people like herself.
In 1962 the story of her life -------- into a film, The Miracle Worker.

Have a nice day

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-26 15:28:08 (S | E)
Hi Joy!!!
as nobody gave the answer, I ll do it,I can't resist
taught - came - toured - were told - was made - didn't know - were caused - was offered - had - found

Helen Keller's deafness and blindness (WERE CAUSED) by a severe illness when she was a baby. Her parents (DIDN'T KNOW) what to do, and they (FOUND) it difficult to control their growing daughter. One day they (WERE TOLD) about a brilliant young teacher called Anne Sullivan. She (CAME) to work with Helen and, very firmly and patiently, (TAUGHT) her that every object (HAD) a name. Eventually Helen (WAS OFFERED) a place at university. After this she (TOURED) the world helping people like herself.
In 1962 the story of her life (WAS MADE) into a film, The Miracle Worker.

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-26 16:09:24 (S | E)
Perfect Morenita ! You're a

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-28 11:02:40 (S | E)
A nother one

was taught - was born - were carried - wasn't killed - walked - watched - became - was put - fell - died

Charles Blondin -------- into a circus family. He ------ to walk on a tightrope when he was 5. In 1859, he ------- very famous when a high wire ---------- above the Niagara Falls between America and Canada and he -------- across it.
Thousands of people ------ him do it. Afterwards many of them -------- across the water on his back.
Blondin sometimes -------- from the high wire but he -------------; he -------- peacefully in bed in his sleep !

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-28 21:02:59 (S | E)
Nobody wants to do it

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-10-28 23:06:26 (S | E)
Hi Joy !I didnt know that there is a new story
I guess the story was waiting for me
here we go!
was taught - was born - were carried - wasn't killed - walked - watched - became - was put - fell - died

Charles Blondin (WAS BORN) into a circus family. He (WAS TAUGHT) to walk on a tightrope when he was 5. In 1859, he (BECAME) very famous when a high wire (WAS PUT) above the Niagara Falls between America and Canada and he (WALKED) across it.
Thousands of people (WATCHED) him do it. Afterwards many of them (WERE CARRIED) across the water on his back.
Blondin sometimes (FELL) from the high wire but he (WASN'T KILLED); he(DIED) peacefully in bed in his sleep !
thanx Joy

Réponse: re:Ex: Telling a story 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-10-29 12:41:37 (S | E)
Perfect Morenita ... I think it's too easy for you isn't it

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux