Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de vanina posté le 2004-10-22 19:32:42 (S | E | F | I)
Chose promise chose due avie!
Voilà un forum consacré aux fans de U2! Venez nombreux vous y exprimer!

-------------------
Edité par bridg le 22-10-2004 19:41
Why don't try in English ? What do you think about U2?

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-10-22 19:45:15 (S | E)
Hi ! Oh it's so nice ! I love so much U2, it's my favorite band !
I don't have favorite song cos I love all songs of U2.
For me, isn't just music !

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-10-22 19:57:48 (S | E)
Yes don't worry avie many people like U2! but perhaps it's mainly grown people because they have begun during the seventies.

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-10-22 20:17:41 (S | E)
Yes I know, I'm so happy that you say me that ! I hope others people will respond. What's is your favorite album ?

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-10-22 21:32:24 (S | E)
Well I really like the album "Achtung baby", especially "Acrobat" and "One", of course, great song! About "All that you can't leave behind" I was just like you, at the beginning I found it mediocre but now I like it, above all "Kite" which is really moving and magnifical, I think.

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-10-22 22:37:08 (S | E)
me too I love all the albums ! On all that you can't leave behind, I really like : in a little while, kite, walk on , elevation and grace.

Réponse: re:U2 de kameleon, postée le 2004-10-23 00:41:47 (S | E)
U2, my prefered band, I love almost

all their songs. But music is out of this world!!!

Hey! formidable!!

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-10-23 12:13:19 (S | E)
Thanx for you answer kameleon ! we are 3 to love U2 ! It's great !

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-10-23 23:32:42 (S | E)
About the song "Acrobat" it's Bono who has wriitten it for his daughter, who is 11, to show her the difficulty of life but above all the importance of struggling to overcome the problems ; he compares himself to an acrobat who tries to keep his stability in life; I think it's a beautiful metaphor.

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-10-24 12:38:56 (S | E)
Right ? I didn't know that Bono has written this song for one of his daughters. Thanx for this info ! Yeah this metaphor is beautiful . Your favorite song is 'acrobat ', isn't ? Me in ' Achtung Baby' my favorite songs are ' Who's gonna ride your wild horses' and 'One' .
And About the name of this album ' Achtung baby', I think ' achtung ' means ' attention' in german .To check !

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-10-24 21:32:41 (S | E)
Exactly! Unfortunately I know only very few words in German, but I've remembered that achtung means "attention". In fact I have no really one favorite song in this album, I adore "Acrobat", that's true, but too "One" and "Ultraviolet(light my way)".

Réponse: re:U2 de karine73, postée le 2004-10-25 10:43:32 (S | E)
hi !
I'm a fan of U2, Bono's voice is so.......I love it !

I dance so many times on "Sunday bloody Sunday" !
One of my favorites song is with or without you from Joshua tree

it's a great band !
I never went to their concert but next time I'll do.

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-10-25 12:31:06 (S | E)
Thanx karine ! I love too Bono's voice and with or without you . This song is so beautiful !

Vanina 'achtung baby ' = ' attention bébé', isn't ?

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-10-27 17:06:09 (S | E)
Now a new question, have you got a favorite album ( of U2) ! and if yes , which ?

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-10-27 22:50:24 (S | E)
Exacty avie, "attention bébé", we'd say in French.
A favourite album? Not really in fact, I adore this one ("achtung baby"), "the best of 1980-1990" and an old one, "October". And you?

Yes "with or without you" is very beautiful. And like karine, when I'm in a party and they pass "Sunday bloody sunday", I'm all excited and dance on it! By the way I have to care when I'm driving my car and when the radio braodcasts it, cause if I don't care I'm forgetting the road, the other cars... all except music and it's not good at all!

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-10-28 13:22:54 (S | E)
Ok me too, I don't have a favorite album ! But I love 'all that you can't leave behind' strange, no ?
I love 'October'and 'BOY' too ! And 'Pop' is fabulous, it's so strange ! And in this album 'MOfo, discothèque and etc...' are very fun !
What do you think about POP ?

-------------------
Edité par avie le 2004-10-29 11:37:53

Réponse: re:U2 de mimi85, postée le 2004-10-28 14:52:54 (S | E)
I love U2 especially Bono's voice but I am not fan enough to buy their CD and I really think they are great. It must be wonderful to see them in concert. The songs I prefer are : "With or Without you" and "Sunday, bloody sunday". Sorry if I am not a fan like you but I wanted to tell you what I think about U2.

I hope I don't disturb this forum

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-10-28 15:12:14 (S | E)
Ok mimi, we understand cos not all people are U2's fans !!
But It's nice to tell us what you think about them ! Thanx for you answer.

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-10-28 17:44:10 (S | E)
You don't disturb it at all, mimi! On the contrary, we're glad to have the point of view of other people

Yes "Pop" is really great too, especially, I think, the B.O. (is that correct in english?? ) of the movie "the million dollar hotel".
Do you know the origin of the name "U2"?

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-10-28 17:57:48 (S | E)
We don't know exactly .
WE think U2 is a game word :
U2 = vous/toi aussi
U2 = vous deux
But we know that a spy plane has crashed and it was an U2. For more explanation :
http://www.u2achtung.com/01/faq/02.php
And BO = soundtrack !

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-10-28 22:27:40 (S | E)
ok thanks! I knew that at their beginning they wanted to call themselves "Hype" but I didn't know the rest.

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-10-29 11:36:10 (S | E)
Ok I'm happy to have brought you one thing on U2 !

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-10-29 19:56:24 (S | E)
Yes it's true, the first name was 'Hype' then 'Feedback' I think but I'm not really sure.

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-10-30 19:36:33 (S | E)
I didn't hear about "Feedback"
What do you think about the fact that Bono often try to help some good causes, like when he struggles the poverty in the world, for instance? Some people said that it's annoying because he escapes from his role of singer. Personnally I think that he's right, it's a good thing that he uses his celebrity in order to help the disadvantaged.

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-10-30 21:03:25 (S | E)
I love that . Many people think it's stupid but no cos if he doesn't beat for one cause, who will do it ? I admire what he does. I don't think who he's escaping his role of singer cos he's song writer too . And his inspiration comes of this 'battle' . I think without this 'battle' against some many things, his texts and his inspiration would be much less strong and realist.

If there are mistakes, please correect me. Thanx .

-------------------
Edité par avie le 2004-10-31 10:26:37

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-01 11:54:08 (S | E)
Next question : What do you think aboout 'Vertigo' the new song ?

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-01 17:43:46 (S | E)
Well I'm very ashamed of it but I didn't heard this son yet How kind of music is it? (speed, sweet, relaxing...)

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-01 19:27:07 (S | E)
It's very rock'n'roll, I think and speed too .

-------------------
Edité par avie le 2004-11-02 11:18:07

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-03 14:35:26 (S | E)
Next question : what do you think about Adam Clayton ? I think this man is very fun with his pants and flip-flops !
He's very good musician too .
And his clothes bring the colour in the band..
On the pics, we can see his extraterrestrial look !!
But we like him !

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-04 12:28:14 (S | E)
Yes he's very original and even surprising but I like him very much! He's got his own style.

Réponse: re:U2 de salsify, postée le 2004-11-04 13:54:18 (S | E)
I also love U2 and I find their new single very good, as they are used to do it.
Personally , my favorite song is... in fact there are a lot, e.g "One", "With or without you", "With the hands that built America", "Miss Sarajevo", and many others.
I hope their new album will be as good as the others and that it won't be the last one.

Réponse: re:U2 de rachel22, postée le 2004-11-04 15:38:38 (S | E)
"With or without you"
the most romantic song of the world don't you think?

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-04 17:54:25 (S | E)
Yes I think too ! thanx for your answers !

Next question ?

What do you think about the video-clips ?

Personally, I think all are beautiful, and give a message .

For example : Please !

What do you think about this song and her video-clip ?

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-05 20:34:09 (S | E)
Nobody knows the song 'please ' ?

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-05 21:55:52 (S | E)
Sorry for being late avie!
I love very much the clips, but about the song "please" I don't know it What is it?

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-06 21:33:05 (S | E)
It's a song on POP .
She's very beautiful and realist .
The video-clip is poignant and sad but magic !
LIsten this song, it's really U2!!!!

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-06 21:58:50 (S | E)
All right! I'm going to lok for it on one of their sites, as soon as I listen to it I'll come back and tell you what I think about it!

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-06 22:49:01 (S | E)
I've listened to it and I think it's really good! They're always on the top! The next question is mine : how do you interpret the song "One"? There are many interpretations ; for me the singer thinks that even if he's with his girlfriend, everything isn't always okay because they don't even think the same things and sometimes they hurt the other without wanting it. In fact he loves the girl, the girl loves him but even though they don't understand each other very well.
I hope my explanation isn't too much confused...

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-07 12:19:47 (S | E)
It's true, your explanation is right but I've heard this song speaks about a son who has AIDS and who speaks to his father.
But for me, the better explanation is the girl who loves him and the boy who loves her but they don't understand each other.
In fact, the boy loves more the girl that she loves him .
He gives her much love than she gives it him . The man need to this love ( the love of the girl) and in this song he thinks 'did I dissappointed you ?' lyrics in the song.

The song speaks about passionated love and the complicated split between two lovers. The conclusion is 'love is the higher love' ans I agree with that.

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-07 12:21:17 (S | E)
'One' has really a power !

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-08 23:02:23 (S | E)
Yes, "One" is really magnifal and touching, too. I've heard this explanation about the man who has AIDS and who talks to his father but I didn't really see the point with love ; I mean that for me, we clearly see that the guy is talking to his girlfriend in the song.
I agree with him about the complexity of the relationship between lovers!
See you soon!

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-09 18:46:26 (S | E)
Ok thanx ! Next question ?
Have you ever heard the album 'the passengers' ? And if yes, what do you think about it ?

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-13 11:56:03 (S | E)
Nobdy knows the album ' the passengers ' ? oh

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-13 16:54:50 (S | E)
Sorry for being so late avie! I've explained you the reason by MP. Yes I know "the passengers", and I like it very much. It's really beautiful music.
I've got too another question : do you prefer the songs registered in studio or those registered in live? Generally I prefer those in live except for "One". Have you ever seen their video tapes?

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-13 17:15:52 (S | E)
What video tapes ? of passengers ?

I love the studio version and I love One in live.

I like the studio version as much the live version.

The power of the songs is different but very strong in the two versions .

I think and it's strange but I don't have favorite version .

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-17 14:59:55 (S | E)
Okay!
No I talked abput their tapes in general, when they are in concerts.

Réponse: re:U2 de morenita, postée le 2004-11-18 22:49:59 (S | E)
Hi U2's fans
I gotta tell you sth,I have never heard a song of U2,but when I read what you've wrote about thm,I became curious ....then I listened to the song which you said it s the most romantic ..."with or without you" and I have to admit that its a goooood song !
I ll download the other songs & tell you what I think about them...maybe I ll join your group (fans of U2 ) soon
see you

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-18 23:10:42 (S | E)
That's great! We are glad to have convince you morenita welcome among us and see you soon!

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-19 13:56:46 (S | E)
Avie I've read your post on August, 28th about the translation of the title "Love is blindness" (by the way I'm listening to it now )and I think to it means that love can't see anything ("l'amour est aveuglement"), that's why Bono said "Love is blindness, I don't want to see" and after "You wrap the night around me".
See you soon!

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-19 16:35:53 (S | E)
Oh thanx but I've translated the song it's in the part 'translations' on this website ....
But 'l'amour est aveuglement ' means nothing in good french I've translated this sentence by 'l'amour est un aveuglement ' I think it's more correct .
Morenita you are very welcome in the 'U2's fans club' .

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-20 19:18:34 (S | E)
Ok! Au temps pour moi!

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-21 10:55:14 (S | E)
It doesn't matter .

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-22 23:22:36 (S | E)
Avie, I'm very impressed! I've just seen all the songs you have translated, there are really much! Congratulations and above all thank you on behalf of all the fans on U2, like me I'm going to read them all, and after I will know everything about U2

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-23 19:37:13 (S | E)
Oh thanx it's very nice !!!
But I still many translations !!!
I have a little stop for the moment cos I'm going to school and I don't really have time ! It's a pity !!!!
But during the holidays, I'm going to translate don't worry, the others translations will arrive !

I'm so happy to have met you cos it's too much rare !!!!
I'm happy to see one other who loves U2 like me !!

And for the information, I've bought the new U2 : How to dismantle an atomic bomb !
It's great and quiet !

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-23 23:07:53 (S | E)
I'm very happy too
You're lucky to have their last record! I've heard a few songs on the Net, it seems to be very well.
How have you discovered U2? Has it been a long time? Me it's been about 5 years ago, by one of my pals. I was telling him that I loved Irish music and he said : "Have you already listened to U2?" "No" "You should, that's relly good music!" So after that I looked for their album and I loved it really much

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-25 19:06:39 (S | E)
It's very strange, I knew U2 just by name and one day I went to the music shop and I've bought the best of 1990-2000 fabulous album !! I've loved it and I've decided to buy the others albums and to know this band !

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-26 23:28:51 (S | E)
So when you saw their album it was love at first sight! For me it was the contrary, when I saw this record for the first time I though "it doesn't seem very well" but since then I've changed my mind

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-27 10:05:39 (S | E)
yes the love at first sight it's the word
Have you ever listened the new album ' How to dismantle an atomic bomb' ?

Réponse: re:U2 de salsify, postée le 2004-11-27 12:35:34 (S | E)
Hi !

I listened to the new album and I found it fabouleous. I don't find good words to describe how it is brilliant.
And you Avie what do you think about it (if you have listened to it yet)?

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-27 12:50:41 (S | E)
YES of course .
It's so brilliant me too I don't have words to describe it .
The lyrics are superb, magic , cute, beautiful and etc ....
The music is more calm than the others albums but I love that .
I love in particulary :'original of the species' 'city of blinding lights' ' all because of you', ' sometimes you can't make it on your own' 'a man and a woman' .
And I think 'Vertigo' the first single is the most 'moving' song ...

And you ? What are the songs you love in particulary ?

Réponse: re:U2 de salsify, postée le 2004-11-27 14:00:21 (S | E)
I think they are all beautiful. But my "favourite" song is 'Sometimes you can't make it on your own'. And Vertigo is the most moving song, I agree with you. In fact it's not easy to find a song that I prefer, because U2 is a talented band who creates very good music in each album.

Réponse: re:U2 de cocoon, postée le 2004-11-27 14:18:29 (S | E)
Hi everyone!
I know I'm a bit late but I read a question you have concerning the name U2: actually, it comes from the names of American reconnaissance aircrafts and submarines.
I also like U2 very much, especially the song Sunday Bloody Sunday, avie, you know why...
It's a great song about the religious conflicts in Ireland.
Bye!

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-27 14:28:05 (S | E)
yes I know that .

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-28 10:42:09 (S | E)
I ask again my question : What songs do you like in particulary on the new album 'How to dismantle an atomic bomb' ?

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-28 19:08:35 (S | E)
Me on their new album I've only heard the first song, "Vertigo", I think it's very good, dynamic and energic. It makes me think a little about the record "Achtung baby", especially about "Even better than the real thing" ; don't you think?

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-28 20:17:56 (S | E)
After your sentence I say yes but I think it makes me feel more at All that you can't leave behind and the songs 'beautiful day', 'electrical storm (on the best of) ' 'stuck in the moment ' 'elevation' but it's true it's looks like at 'even better than the real thing ' but just one little !
What is similar is the energy !

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-11-28 21:08:42 (S | E)
You're right, I think it sounds rather like "Elevation", I didn't t notice the first time!

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-11-29 09:04:54 (S | E)
But don't worry ! You're a real fan !

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-12-04 12:10:07 (S | E)
What do you think about 'ONE' by Joe Cocker ?
IN my mind, I think it's horrible ! It's nearly a crim !

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-12-04 12:39:06 (S | E)
Fairly, I wanted to ask you the same question! I've heard that but I didn't know that the singer was Joe Cocker. I didn't like it at all, I think he's roaring at the most romantic moment of the song and it's awful
But I've heard too "One" and "Pride (in the name of love)" by the finalist of "New Star", Julien, and I like it very much. I think he's got a beautiful voice and he sings these 2 songs very well. Do you know him? And if yes, what do you think of it?

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-12-05 13:23:55 (S | E)
The songs by Julien ? Yes I know but just a little and sorry but I don't like . I think it's better that Joe cocker but the best are U2 !!!!

Réponse: re:U2 de salsify, postée le 2004-12-05 18:49:48 (S | E)
Hi !

I agree with you avie. U2's songs are best sung by U2 themselves and no one else. Joe Cocker despite his voice has botched this so beautiful song.
Concerning singers of the New Star, I can say anything about their performance because I have never heard them.
Bye !

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-12-05 19:22:02 (S | E)
Oh yes, it goes without saying!! U2 are the best to sing their songs but I think that Julien's interpretation is an intersting one. Everyone 's got one's own tastes!

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-12-05 19:48:01 (S | E)
Yes it's true but I hate the Joe Cocker's voice !

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-12-05 21:43:12 (S | E)
Personnally I rather like his voice but not for this kind of romantic song , especially about our "One"!!

Réponse: re:U2 de salsify, postée le 2004-12-06 11:44:41 (S | E)
I agree. His voice is better for more jazzy songs.
And we can't compare Joe Cocker and U2. They have both their styles which are very different. Of course I prefer U2.

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-12-07 18:26:36 (S | E)
Yes we know that but we can speak about Joe Cocker because he sings the U2's songs, he makes shame !

-------------------
Edité par avie le 2004-12-12 10:57:21

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-12-12 10:58:24 (S | E)
What do you think about the song 'with or without you ' ?

Réponse: re:U2 de salsify, postée le 2004-12-12 11:46:58 (S | E)
I shiver every time I listen to this song. It is one of my favourites songs of U2. I love listening to this one when I need some calm and sweetness.
Eh!!! I just realise that I have never read the lyrics of this song... I have to do it now!!!
I don't know what you think about it, but I find it hard to choose one favourite song especially with U2. They have so many good songs with beautiful and touching lyrics, that I can't choose.

-------------------
Edité par salsify le 2004-12-13 11:09:23

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-12-12 11:56:36 (S | E)
Me too I can't choose, and if you want the lyrics go to 'translations ' on this website !

Réponse: rerere:U2 de u2girl, postée le 2004-12-15 17:21:41 (S | E)
Hello everybody !
U2 it's the best !
byebye

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-12-15 18:06:49 (S | E)
okay but why do you love U2 ?

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-12-31 13:12:52 (S | E)
HI ! I've news : the webmaster has done a page on this site on U2, the address :
https://www.anglaisfacile.com/cgi2/myexam/voir2.php?id=934
Thanx webmaster !!!!!

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2004-12-31 16:11:05 (S | E)
Really? Well, he's right! That's a very good choice webmaster

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2004-12-31 17:01:22 (S | E)
Really webmaster sent me a message, he said : 'avie it's for you' ! Oh everybody knows I'm U2's fan !

-------------------
Edité par avie le 2004-12-31 17:03:43

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2005-01-02 00:30:34 (S | E)
Yes you are now famous as U2's one of greatest fans!!

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2005-01-02 11:56:39 (S | E)
Oh it's very flattering !

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2005-01-02 23:29:23 (S | E)
But very sincere too!
Tell me : what is your favorite song among those in the new album of U2 and why?

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2005-01-09 15:26:38 (S | E)
I don't know I love all !!
I love Vertigo because it's fills with energy !!!
It's so cool !
I love 'Miracle drug' and 'sometimes you can't make it on your own' because these songs are calm .
I love 'love peace or else' ' city of blinding lights' ' a man and a woman' ' yahweh' ' original of the species ' ' all because of you' and in particualr ' crumbs from your table' because they are very original and the melodies are very cool ! really !
And in all of the songs on this album, the lyrics are fantastics as well as the melodies !
I think it's one of the better U2's albums ! Oh I loooooooooooooove this album ! I listen it all of the time !
And you ?

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2005-01-13 23:47:29 (S | E)
I agree, it's very hard to choose!! But I think that my favourite song of tis lbum is "Sometimes you can't make it on your own", I think it's beautiful and relaxing too.

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2005-01-14 16:10:20 (S | E)
Yes ! I think I've heard some things about it , and it's sad , I think it's a song about Bono's father ! But I'm not sure because I don't remember exactly !
To check !

Réponse: re:U2 de aline123, postée le 2005-01-19 14:15:23 (S | E)
Bono is known as a social animal as well as an artist, but I appreciate his style. yes,it's good that he uses his celebrity in order to help the disadvantaged!

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2005-01-19 15:23:49 (S | E)
HI aline ! I'm happy to see you here
We are agree BONO and his band U2 are fantastics !

Réponse: re:U2 de salsify, postée le 2005-01-21 12:02:13 (S | E)
The song 'Sometimes you can't make it on your own' is a song that Bono has written for his father before he died. With this song Bono just wants to pay homage to his father.
Bono said it in the DVD which is sold with the album. (I'm not sure my English is very good in this sentence )

Réponse: re:U2 de vanina, postée le 2005-01-21 23:33:42 (S | E)
All right ! Thank you for these news salsify ! Yes your english is good, don't worry about it : you mean that Bono explained the story of this song in the DVD that we can buy with the CD, don't you ? See you soon

Réponse: re:U2 de salsify, postée le 2005-01-22 11:49:11 (S | E)
Yes, that's right! that's why I know it.
See you soon too !

Réponse: re:U2 de avie, postée le 2005-01-22 12:37:31 (S | E)
And on the DVD Bono said this album is the first of U2 !!!! it's strange.
And he said too : during 20 years, we have written this album ( melodies and songs) because for Bono it was difficult to speak with his father but now he is dead, the son pays homage to his father, it's beautiful and it' s true this song is very particular ...
we love it !!!!

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux