Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de morenita posté le 2004-10-24 19:00:36 (S | E | F | I)
Hi everyone!!ready for another interesting ex????WAKE UP!!
Here are some idioms with the word "heart":
1.lose heart
2.learn something by heart
3.take something to heart
4.have a heart of stone
5.have a heart of gold
6.not to have the heart to

Fill in the blanks with the appropriate idiom
A.the thief attacked the old lady & killed her.he must______________
B.the dress my daughter asked me to by was very expensive.but I ______________to refuse
C.our grandfather always does what we ask him to do.he_______________
D.come on!keep trying!_____________you ll certainly find a job you like
E.I know you are deeply affected by your divorce .but__________you'll find happiness again
6.our teacher said that the next homework would be to learn this poem__________
-------------------
Edité par bridg le 25-10-2004 00:34

Réponse: re:Idioms with HeArT.ex. de speedjo905, postée le 2004-10-24 19:17:31 (S | E)
A.the thief attacked the old lady & killed her.he must lose heart (1)

B.the dress my daughter asked me to by was very expensive.but I not have a heart of stone (4)to refuse

C.our grandfather always does what we ask him to do.he__have a heart of gold (5)

D.come on!keep trying!_take sth to heart (3) you ll certainly find a job you like

E.I know you are deeply affected by your divorce .but_to have the heart to (6) you'll find happiness again

F. Our teacher said that the next homework would be to learn this poem_learn sth by heart (2)

its very difficult for me - what is it stn and sth ?
thank you

Réponse: re:Idioms with HeArT.ex. de morenita, postée le 2004-10-24 19:21:01 (S | E)
sorry speedjo !!!sth=something, i ll correct it

Réponse: re:Idioms with HeArT.ex. de morenita, postée le 2004-10-24 19:26:23 (S | E)
It s not difficult at all,you just have to read the sentences carefully...
here is the correction:
a,b,d,e are not correct
C.....he has a heart of gold (not he have)
F.to learn this peam by heart

Réponse: re:Idioms with HeArT.ex. de kayrol, postée le 2004-10-24 19:32:52 (S | E)
Hello Morenita,
Thanks for this exercice
1.lose heart
4.have a heart of stone
5.have a heart of gold

A.the thief attacked the old lady & killed her.he must have a heart of stone
B.the dress my daughter asked me to buy was very expensive.but I did not have the heart to refuse
C.our grandfather always does what we ask him to do.he has a heart of gold
D.come on!keep trying! Taking something to heart you ll certainly find a job you like
E.I know you are deeply affected by your divorce .but don't lose heart you'll find happiness again
6.our teacher said that the next homework would be to learn this poem by heart

Kayrol

Réponse: re:Idioms with HeArT.ex. de speedjo905, postée le 2004-10-24 19:41:52 (S | E)
A.the thief attacked the old lady & killed her. He must have a heart of stone (4)

B.The dress my daughter asked me to by was very expensive but I not to have the heart to (6) to refuse

D.come on!keep trying!_lose heart (1)_you ll certainly find a job you like

E.I know you are deeply affected by your divorce .But take something to heart (3) you'll find happiness again

Réponse: re:Idioms with HeArT.ex. de dolivera, postée le 2004-10-24 20:17:52 (S | E)
1.lose heart
4.have a heart of stone
5.have a heart of gold

A.The thief attacked the old lady & killed her.he must color=#FF0000>have a heart of stone.

B.The dress my daughter asked me to by was very expensive.but I didn't have the heart to refuse.

C.Our grandfather always does what we ask him to do.he has a heart of gold.

D.Come on!keep trying! learn something by heart you ll certainly find a job you like.

E.I know you are deeply affected by your divorce .but don't lose heart you'll find happiness again.

6.Our teacher said that the next homework would be to learn this poem by heart.

but not evident

-------------------
Edité par dolivera le 2004-10-24 20:23:07

-------------------
Edité par dolivera le 2004-10-24 20:38:29

Réponse: re:Idioms with HeArT.ex. de morenita, postée le 2004-10-24 22:28:15 (S | E)
Hi everybody!!
Kayrol : 2mistakes
Speedjo : 2
Dolivera : 3!!!
try again,if you can not find the answers ,let me know!
hope you ll find them soon

Réponse: re:Idioms with HeArT.ex. de joy813, postée le 2004-10-25 11:18:08 (S | E)
Morenita,

A.The thief attacked the old lady & killed her. He must have a heart of stone.
B.The dress my daughter asked me to by was very expensive. But I didn't have the heart to refuse.
C.Our grandfather always does what we ask him to do. He has a heart of gold.
D.Come on! Keep trying! Don't lose heart!, you'll certainly find a job you like.
E.I know you are deeply affected by your divorce. But take something to heart, you'll find happiness again.
6.Our teacher said that the next homework would be to learn this poem by heart.

Réponse: re:Idioms with HeArT.ex. de speedjo905, postée le 2004-10-25 12:27:03 (S | E)
D.come on!keep trying!_Bujt take something to heart (3) you ll certainly find a job you like

E.I know you are deeply affected by your divorce . Don't loose heart (1) you'll find happiness again

Réponse: re:Idioms with HeArT.ex. de morenita, postée le 2004-10-25 14:11:15 (S | E)
Joy you made a very little mistake
speedjo!!! always two mistakes
I ll give the correction next time!!!

Réponse: re:Idioms with HeArT.ex. de morenita, postée le 2004-10-26 15:51:45 (S | E)
Well here is the correction:
.I know you are deeply affected by your divorce. But DON'T TAKE IT to heart, you'll find happiness again.
Joy's other answers are correct
If you need an explanation just let me know

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux