Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de joy813 posté le 2004-10-26 10:54:43 (S | E | F | I)
good morning
I propose you an exercice about the past tenses because I know you like it

Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form, Past Simple or Past Continuous

Last February, I ---------- (decide) to go on holiday to the island of Madeira. On the morning, I --------- (leave) England it -----------(rain), but when I -----------(land) in Funchal, the capital of Madeira, the sun ----------(shine) and a lovely, warm breeze ------------(blow) from the sea.
I ---------(take) a taxi to my hotel. As I ----------(sign) the register, someone --------(tap) me on the shoulder. I -----------(not can) believe my eyes ! It was my old boyfriend. He --------(stay) at the same hotel. The next day, we --------(went) for a walk together in the hills and we --------(see) hundreds of beautiful wild flowers. It ---------(get) dark when we -------(return) to our hotel after a very interesting day. We -------(spend) the rest of the week together; it was very romantic. We ----------(feel) very sad when the holiday -------(end).

Have a nice day

Réponse: re:EX : Past tenses de tounette, postée le 2004-10-26 11:30:59 (S | E)
Hello Joyce,

Je vais faire de mon mieux !

Last February I decided ...
In the morning I left England it was raining but when I landed in Funchel ..the sun was shining and a warm breeze was blowing
I took a taxi. As I was signing the register someone tapped me on the shoulder I couldn't believe my eyes ....
He was staying at the same hotel .We went for a walk together and we saw ....
It was getting dark when we returned ......
We spent .....We felt very sad when the holidays ended

Bye bye

Sorry Joyce . I must write in English only !
So, I correct my sentence : I am going to do one's best ??

-------------------
Edité par tounette le 2004-10-26 11:36:24

Réponse: re:EX : Past tenses de morenita, postée le 2004-10-26 15:20:20 (S | E)
Hi Joy!where have you been?long time no see!
Last February, I (DECIDED) to go on holiday to the island of
Madeira. On the morning, I (LEFT) England it (WAS RAINING), but when I (LANDED) in Funchal, the capital of Madeira, the sun(WAS SHINING)) and a lovely, warm breeze (BLEWED) from the sea.
I (TOOK) a taxi to my hotel. As I (SIGNED) the register, someone (TAPED)) me on the shoulder. I (COULdN'T)) believe my eyes ! It was my old boyfriend. He (WAS STAYING) at the same hotel. The next day, we (went) for a walk together in the hills and we (SAW) hundreds of beautiful wild flowers. It (WAS GETTING)) dark when we (RETURNED) to our hotel after a very interesting day. We (SPENT) the rest of the week together; it was very romantic. We (FELT) very sad when the holiday (ENDED)

Réponse: re:EX : Past tenses de joy813, postée le 2004-10-26 16:19:22 (S | E)
Tournette : you're trying to do your best and it's perfect

Morenita :
breeze (BLEWED) from the sea. ==> tense
As I (SIGNED) the register ==> tense
someone (TAPED)) me on the shoulder ==> spelling

Tomorrow, I'll give you another one

Réponse: re:EX : Past tenses de mimi85, postée le 2004-10-26 17:22:15 (S | E)
Hello, here is my answer :

"Last February, I decided to go on holiday to the island of Madeira. On the morning, I left England it was raining, but when I landed in Funchal, the capital of Madeira, the sun was shining and a lovely, warm breeze was blowing from the sea.
I took a taxi to my hotel. As I was signing the register, someone taped me on the shoulder. I couldn’t believe my eyes ! It was my old boyfriend. He was staying at the same hotel. The next day, we went for a walk together in the hills and we saw hundreds of beautiful wild flowers. It was getting dark when we returned to our hotel after a very interesting day. We spent the rest of the week together; it was very romantic. We felt very sad when the holiday ended."

Waiting your correction.

Réponse: re:EX : Past tenses de joy813, postée le 2004-10-27 17:26:25 (S | E)
Hi Mimi,

Have a look on the answers of Tounette, it was perfect

Réponse: re:EX : Past tenses de joy813, postée le 2004-10-28 11:43:38 (S | E)
That's another one :
Put the verb in the correct tense (simple past or past continuous)

1. She (work) quietly at her desk when suddenly the door (open) and her daughter (rush) in.
2. He (stand) up, (walk) across the room, and (close) the window.
3. A strange man (walk) into the room. He (wear) red trousers and a pink shirt.
4. (not meet) you your wife while you (work) in China ?
5. I (see) you in the park yesterday. You (sit) on a bench with your arm round Tom.
6. As soon as I (walk) into the room, he (hand) me the letter.
7. His father was really angry with him because he (listen) to music while he (do) his homework.
8. Why (not visit) they me while they (stay) in London ?
9. As he (pass) the bank, a man in a mask (knock) him onto the ground.
10. What (write) when your computer (crash) ?

I'm waiting for your answers

-------------------
Edité par joy813 le 2004-10-28 21:06:25

Réponse: re:EX : Past tenses de mimi85, postée le 2004-10-28 15:48:07 (S | E)
You make me really mad with the simple past, past continuous.
It's a joke ! I'm trying to do my best, so here is my answer :

1.She was working quietly at her desk when suddenly the door has been opened and her daughter rushed in.
2. He stood up, walked across the room, and closed the window.
3. A strange man was walking into the room. He was wearing red trousers and a pink shirt.
4. Didn’t you meet your wife while you were working in China ?
5. I said you in the park yesterday. You were sitting on a bench with your arm round Tom.
6. As soon as I have been walking into the room, he handed me the letter.
7. His father was really angry with him because he was listening to music while he was doing his homework.
8. Why didn’t they visit me while they were staying in London ?
9. As he was passing the bank, a man in a mask knocked him onto the ground.
10. What were you writing when your computer crashed ?

waiting for your correction.
Bye for now !

Réponse: re:EX : Past tenses de joy813, postée le 2004-10-28 21:16:48 (S | E)
Hi Mimi You did a good job !

These aren't correct:

1. the door has been opened ==>
3. A strange man was walking into the room ==>
6. As soon as I have been walking into the room ==>

5. I said you in the park yesterday ==>
that's my fault ! I made a mistake in the text : it was see and not say ==> I saw you in the park

Try to correct your 3 mistakes, I'm sure that you can do it !

Réponse: re:EX : Past tenses de mimi85, postée le 2004-10-29 12:40:11 (S | E)
Hello Joy,

Here is my proposal, don't be angry if it's wrong, I'm not at home to look for help in my english book. I have difficulties to use the past, I know I have to do many exercises.

1.She was working quietly at her desk when suddenly the door opened and her daughter rushed in.

3. A strange man walked into the room. He was wearing red trousers and a pink shirt.

6. As soon as I walked into the room, he handed me the letter.

Thanks for all

Réponse: re:EX : Past tenses de joy813, postée le 2004-10-29 13:04:33 (S | E)
It's perfect Mimmi and you certainly don't need a book to help you

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux