Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de babyscot59 posté le 2004-11-26 10:36:32 (S | E | F | I)
well that may sound easy for I know many people will agree with me but Why do we love English so much?

Well, my first memories date from the late 80's, I used to listen to Scorpion queen and the beatles. I was fond of Benny hill and Mr Bean. The seed was already in my mind. I imagined myself living in the suburb of London, eating Fish and Chips and driving my Austin Mini. My first English teacher , Mrs Ginisty ,to whom I would like to pay tribute, was the spark , the heat that helped the seed to grow up. Her lessons weregreat fun and even if her tapes were totally old-fashioned, it brought me something. I knew from the beginning that I would do it my way ( ).
Then in high School, I discovered Graham green, TS Elliot and Aretha franklyn. I had found my Trinity.
At university, I could speak write and Breathe English. I spent one amazing year in Scotland and ate scottish and drank Scottish ( water of course) and discovered that Anglo-saxons definitely matched my expectations.
I've been teaching English in Private lessons and now am a staunch member of that site. I am about to take my oath of allegiance to English( If I pass that capes ) and know that I did the right choice. To speak about my passion, the stuff that makes me happy everyday and I am pretty proud of it!!

And you? tell me!!

Réponse: re:talking about English de claire1, postée le 2004-11-26 11:06:42 (S | E)
babyscot59 hello

I don't like English so much!
I love all the languages ! I'd like speaking and writing more and more!
I like talking to the native people in their language!!!

sorry for the mistakes!!!

it's an very interesting post!!!!
bye
claire1

-------------------
Edité par bridg le 26-11-2004 17:17

Réponse: re:talking about English de babyscot59, postée le 2004-11-26 11:09:47 (S | E)
what else could I add? well looking forward to having thousands of answers

Réponse: re:talking about English de lucile83, postée le 2004-11-26 20:07:36 (S | E)
Hello,
My first stay in England was in 1961, I was 15 ( it was yesterday ) and I remember a sort of wave of passion for that country, the people, the music (the Beatles and the Animals),the food (yes!!!) ,and the way of life, well for everything, except jelly ! I stayed in a family in the south of London, and I used to go to London by my own because I wanted to know a lot of things; I was the only French girl in that area and I had to make me understand, that's why I started speaking and within a month and a half I could speak fluent English. When I came back to France my English teacher got mad because I was answering before the others and I didn't let them answer ! the year after I went back to England in another family and one of the daughters was delighted when people thought she was the French girl and I was the English one. We used to go dancing the 2 of us on Saturday evenings and it was incredible fun.After that, some years later, I went to the university in Nice ( beaches, sun, and so on ) and some years later I became an English teacher and I loved that. About 35 years later I'm still loving that because English sounds like a music to me, and I know I make pupils like and love English. Some guys one day asked me whether they could attend one of my lessons just because they wanted to listen to me and to English, one year after they had left school. That is a fabulous memory in a career !!
And I could tell you about that passion on pages and pages !.....
See you soon

-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 2004-11-26 21:45:40

Réponse: re:talking about English de kayrol, postée le 2004-11-26 22:43:19 (S | E)
Hello Babyscott,
First let me tell you I'm also from Northern France, more precisely Dunkerque, and, like you, say "Vive le PotcheVletsch"
My story with English began when I was about 11-12 years old. I was a fan of Michael Jackson and bought his records (Vinyles at that time ...sigh...), then I became a fan of Wham and George Michael, and Madonna, then Elvis Presley and the Beatles, then Queen, well quite always of english groups or singers. As I didn't like to sing "chewing-gum", I looked for the lyrics in some magazines for the Young, and learned to sing the song of my idols by heart. That's how I began learning english. At the beginning I knew the lyrics by heart but didn't know what they meant, that was just phonetics for me. Then I entered the secondary school and began learning English. I already appreciated this language but loved it as soon as I had my first lesson. Besides my first English teacher was great (that is important). I appreciated the lessons so much that I never learned the lessons at home, I remembered everything from the lesson, and always had excellent marks.
Then, when older, after the "baccalaureate", I went to the university to make English studies. I spent three years (DEUG+licence) and the fourth year I went to England as a French language assistant in a secondary school (?? don't know the equivalent but it was a "lycée" : 2nde, 1ère, terminales). That was in 1995. I was in Tonbridge, Kent, south of London. That was a wonderful year. I really appreciated life over there. As Lucile, I appreciated everything over there, people, food, landscapes, atmosphere....everything even jelly.
When I came back I was quite fluent in English. Unfortunately, and because of my personal life, I did not have the opportunity to keep on studying English and did not become an English teacher as I initially wanted to.
Then with the passing years, as I did not practice English, I lost a lot of it.
Thanks to this site (thank you so much Mister Webmaster) I can immerse myself again in English and it really makes my day.
This site has become my evening leisure and pleasure, and it helps me "refresh" and improve my English. And I must say as a conclusion that this site made me know very sympathetical people (they will recognize themselves ).
That was my story..Good idea Babyscott.
Whose turn is it ?
Kayrol

-------------------
Edité par kayrol le 2004-11-27 13:47:58

Réponse: re:talking about English de babyscot59, postée le 2004-11-29 09:18:46 (S | E)
thanks Ch'ti kayrol, keep on writing

Réponse: re:talking about English de selgan, postée le 2004-11-30 18:03:52 (S | E)
Hello everyone.
First let me say that I love French first.
And if I try to improve my English it is more because this language is indispensable (please what is the word for "incontournable" ?) in the world of computers (and many other areas) than because I love it.
My story with English began in 72-73 when I got my first course.
As Kayrol, I didn't need to learn my lessons at home. I was quite good without special efforts, an two years later, I was even better in Italian.
On the contrary of some of you my English Teachers wasn't great. One of them was awfull to say the truth.
Later I studied sciences and physical. And I, for the first time of my life, could work with good material and tapes.
The life has changed a lot for me.
I didn't have the possibilities to practice.
Except one thing.
I was fond of Computers.
And, in the early eighties most of the softwares and their help files were in English.
Later I had an Internet connexion and began to explore the Wold Wide (Wild ? ;)) Web. There wasn't many French sites those times.
So I'd read many and many pages in English. Went to as questions on international forums and so on.
Slowly my English vocabulary had improved. (I hope so).
But in the same time I lost three very important things.
Grammar, oral understanding and pronunciation.
It's why I'm here.
Last but not least, I, too, love English music. (More than the American one).
I Love Supertramp, Genesis, Yes, ELP, Pink Floyd, but also Deep Purple, The Who, Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones and the Beatles. I didn't understand the meanings of their words, but I really loved this music so new and different to my ears.
Of course I speak about the Seventies and the very early Eighties
I miss very much this spirit who enlightened the music during those years. Now music is a market first, and mainly soap (Don't know if it could stands for "soupe").
By the way what does "a soap box opera" mean ? Not just litteraly translation, but I think that it is an "idiotism" or an English expression.
See you soon.
Thanks to correct my mistakes and to suggest me better sentences.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux