Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

Places to go on holiday...
Message de woodyrun posté le 10-05-2005 à 14:22:49 (S | E | F | I)

Hello everyone !
The holidays will soon be there ! Do you all know where to go ?
Let's write a nice postcard of the place where we live, so that we can share all the lovely places of the world !

Let's start with me : I live on Reunion Island, this is not my native island but I love it. It offers many many breathtaking views. It is a paradise for hikers as some very remote hamlets can be reached on foot only. No roads, no cars ! The volcano is regularly active and watching an eruption is dramatic ! People here are very friendly and make you feel at home. You can also sunbathe on the beach and enjoy a nice swim in the lagoon among numerous and wonderful fishes. Come in December and enjoy the leechee season !

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de joy813, postée le 10-05-2005 à 15:10:22 (S | E)
How lucky you are Woodyrun

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de woodyrun, postée le 10-05-2005 à 15:27:59 (S | E)
Hello Joy !
I'm not the only one to be lucky ! Belgium is a very nice country too and I have very lovely memories of Brugges at springtime !
and... I love your waffles !!

So long !

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de joy813, postée le 13-05-2005 à 15:09:33 (S | E)
yes you're right Woodyrun, Belgium is a nice country .... except the weather it rains 200 days a year
Our "waffles" ? with sugar or with cream ?

Take care,
Joy

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de regine_lyon, postée le 15-05-2005 à 18:58:03 (S | E)
Your waffles .... with chocolate and whipped cream !

I am currently living in Müchen. That's a nice city with a lot of parks or green spaces. That's the "heaven" for the bicycles in or outside the city. There are 50 museums in München and a lot of castles around, mostly built by Louis II. And at the end of September, there is the "October Fest", the feast of the beer !!!

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de aussie, postée le 22-05-2005 à 12:19:38 (S | E)
Hello woodyrun,
Nice to read about your place. Thanks for the information which you have provided for the knowledge of those people who would like to go out for tour. There are number of reasons or attractions, for which one
desire to tour:-

- Excursion Purposes.
- Visit historical places.
- Enjoy nice and woderful beaches for sun bath.
- For shoping.
- To see different cultures and meet other peoples.
- Some tour out to avoid severe weather at their native places.

Plan your next visit to Hong Kong. you will find all abovementioned
facilities in this small, but beautiful and well developed country. It is also
paradise for hikers. You will find museams of all sorts which every one would definitely like to visit.
The hospitality and friendship of Hong Kong people are marvelous. Its
airport has been graded as No .1 in the world. Any one fond of eating
would not be deprived of his choice of meal. Every cuisine and taste of the world is available easily.
People from all over the world flock here round the year. That is why it is well known as " Asia`s world city ".
Thanks for giving me chance of writing about my beautiful country.

Aussie.

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de regine_lyon, postée le 22-05-2005 à 14:42:20 (S | E)
Excuse me Aussie, but I was quite sure that Hong Kong was considering to be a part of China since 1997.
Is it false ? You seem to talk about Hong Kong as country and not as an administrative area of a big country.

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de aussie, postée le 23-05-2005 à 10:38:55 (S | E)
Hello Regine Lyon,

Thanks for writing. Yes, you are right that Hong kong is under China.
Before 1997, it was under Britsh. But it was then also known as country.
It is Special Administrative Region of China. It is governed by one country two system rule. It has its own currency. It issues its own visa for entry. Even, Chinese from main land visiting to Hong Kong are required to have visa. Oh, this is long topic.
I mentioned Hong Kong as "place to visit". I forumed on the same
line and not as a "country to visit". How ever you are welcome hear any time. But mind you, if you desire to visit Chins also, then you have to take visa for both....... What should I say; countries or China and
Hong Kong.
I am happy that you have the knowledge and foresight.
Thanks.

Aussie.

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de woodyrun, postée le 23-05-2005 à 11:07:30 (S | E)
Hello everyone !
Sorry for being so long to answer you all...
Joy : no sugar, no cream for me but, if possible, just a lovely sliced strawberry on top ! Gorgeous !!
Régine, when I was in France, I've always wanted to visit Germany... but I never took time to do so. I worked for a Geman company in France some years ago and tried to learn German... How difficult ! Are you fluent in German since you're living there ? and... keep it easy on the beer ! (joking of course ! )
Aussie, thanks for all your information about Hong Kong. I always imagined Hong Kong as a huge city with huge buildings... thanks for reminding me that it is also a paradise for hikers !!

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de aussie, postée le 25-05-2005 à 10:24:32 (S | E)
Hello,

Maximum numbers of skyscrapers are in Hong Kong.
Government has fully catered for social and communication facilities.
It is hilly area. Every where one will find place for hiking.

Aussie.

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de lethidee, postée le 25-05-2005 à 22:07:59 (S | E)
Hello aussie

Did you ever visit Scotland and specially the Highlands and if you had this chance can you give your impressions about this country ? I'm very fond of this area.
thanks

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de bridg, postée le 25-05-2005 à 22:27:44 (S | E)
I did but I can't talk about highlands because all is sensations, feelings, you're in another world, a magic world. wild lands, lochs, wind and liberty, just you and the nature.

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de woodyrun, postée le 26-05-2005 à 11:09:33 (S | E)
Hello !
I visited Scotland too and enjoyed it enormously. Though it was some 20 years ago, I still remember the wonderful sceneries, dramatic cloudy skies, magic colours, beautiful lochs, hills with so rustic and hairy cows, and people, always very friendly and taking their time to tell us incredible ghost stories by the fire place... (no-one would have dared to laugh at ghost stories, that was a very serious matter...) Thanks you lethidee for bringing back so many nice memories !

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de insomniaque, postée le 26-05-2005 à 12:18:10 (S | E)
heyyy... I'm at the moment in England where I am spending such a good time...unlikily that'll be finish in one month's time..anyway I'll tell you what it looks like..i'm living in the south of England in a county called "east sussex"..people are very friendly and very polite...the weather is not very good at all but i'm enjoying it..I m working as an au pair in a family who is lovely and quite generous with me..if one day you get the chance to move to another country ,just do it you will never forget it and it will make you growing up..
However if you want a great place to go ,you should try to go in south of France,its where i used to live..to sum up in a few words."sun sun sun and sun"..see you soon guys.

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de woodyrun, postée le 26-05-2005 à 13:28:53 (S | E)
Hello Insomniaque !
Nice to hear from East Sussex ! I was an au pair girl myself a very very long time ago in Birmingham. No much sun up there, but a lovely countryside... Enjoy your stay !

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de grabuge, postée le 26-05-2005 à 13:48:57 (S | E)
Hello

After have living near woodyrun, I've been living in Marseille since july 2003.
Marseille is a nice city because, the sun rises and we can go outside all the time, we have sea and beachs, the hills of "Marcel Pagnol" and also montains like "La montagne de Sainte Victoire" or "La Sainte-Baume".
I enjoy living in this city but I'd like that it's cleaner than it is. I also regret that we haven't cycle track and it's difficult to practise here cycling or skating. For that, we must go near the beachs or in the stadiums.
I also love living this town because of its people who live here, its rich story, its accents, its cooking and a lot of things....
Have a good day.

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de poussy, postée le 26-05-2005 à 14:57:38 (S | E)
i tkink there are a lot a beautiful countries,and i think each country has its own marvels.But i agree with you,wafels are terrible in belgium especially in the nordsee.i like its smell ,hum,humit's dangerous for our weight! and if you can't travel this year ,don't be sad about that ;with internet you can travel all over the world!
Bye.

Réponse: Places to go on holiday... de woodyrun, postée le 26-05-2005 à 15:26:09 (S | E)
Many thanks to all of you for making us want to see what's happening elsewhere, that's great !
Grabuge it seems that you fell in love with your city ! I would love to take the "ferry - bo-at", it's a legend !
Poussy, pleeeeease stop talking of waffles : I'm on a diet (once again !)You're right, we all have marvels very close to us so let's open our eyes and enjoy our own corner !

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux