Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Publicités :

Rack your Brains and Help/ 21

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Rack your Brains and Help/ 21
Message de here4u posté le 26-04-2018 à 22:32:56 (S | E | F)
Hello dear Friends,

Vous faire travailler pendant les "vacances" et pendant les "ponts de mai" ... je suis vraiment sans pitié pour vous ...
Vous me pardonnez, je le sais ...
Votre nouveau défi est toujours un et il sera corrigé online le lundi 14 mai tard.

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! Today, my student wants to inform you about a strange experiment…
He insisted on not putting the punctuation at first… One of his friends helped him for the second part of his text. Will you decipher this riddle ?

adeutchphotographhas takenhundredridesoncitybussesandtrainsittingattopgarishdesineduniformsitingshewasquiet interestingbythefabriccovering thesitstheaccidentresistingmaterialydotooutlastspillstainsandtimeareplaningatlastingadecadeormostforhersbustourprojectmixing
performanceartphotographyprojectandsociologyexperimenttheartistpersuadedgermantransportcompagniestosoldhersomeofthefabriqueuse
tocoveringthesitandthendesinedclotheusingthedifferentpatterns.
She litteraly camoufflaged her in all sort of bus and train at her citie, dress from cloth matching the fabrique and capturing the reaction
of fellow passagers with her camera.
She told : “To wear them, you sweet as crasy, they feel as a nights armure and its hard to acting naturaly. I shouldn’t belive that much poeple
didn’t realize the connexion seing my and the sits together. Thinked they what were sheer coincidance? Any curious poeple at last talking to me,
and very less laught, but the most passagers should look shily by myself and quickly lookt the others way still.”
The photography showing these reactions is arkived in the artists website.

II) Can you, please, reorder the words so as to make meaningful sentences… All the words must be used, none should be added!

1) RED/ BLUE/ ARE/ AND/ GRAPHIC/ FABRIC/ ROSES/ TRANSPORT/ ABOMINATION/ SURE/ MULTIHUED/ AS/ AS/ A/ IS/ VIOLETS/ = 16
2) WOOL/ WOOL/ TRANSPORT/ NATURAL/ RETARDANT/ FABRIC/ LONDON/ FLAME/ SINCE/ MOQUETTE/ HISTORICALLY/ A/ A/ HAS/ IS/ FOR/ ADOPTED/ = 17
3) NO/ LEFT/ RIDE/ ARE/ IMPRESSION/ WITH/ PUBLIC/ LINES/ RARELY/ MANY/ UPHOLSTERY/ TRANSPORT/ MATTER/ POSITIVE/ HOW/ WE/ WE/ THE/ A/OF/ = 20

No typos ; mais "of" rajouté en II)3;

III) ANOTHER TORTURE? Inspirée par Maxwell … Nous partagerons la main !

a) A partir du mot français suivant : « désarçonner », trouver au moins 3 traductions anglaises différentes possibles que vous utiliserez
chacune dans une phrase qui explicitera le contexte dans lequel on peut l'utiliser, l'éventuel registre de langue associé,
et les nuances de sens. (Ces 3 expressions anglaises ne devront (si possible) pas être interchangeables,
et chacune devrait apporter quelque chose de différent.

b) Même chose pour l'expression « vendre la mêche » ...

Bon courage à tous ceux qui "oseront" ... and I give you THE FORCE, as ever...

Problème de mise en page ... J'ai fait appel à notre Lucile pour y remédier Sorry!

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 26-04-2018 22:53
Problème résolu

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de alpiem, postée le 27-04-2018 à 10:36:05 (S | E)
hello, problème de mise en page, sorry

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de here4u, postée le 27-04-2018 à 10:40:19 (S | E)
Hello!

de ton aide, Lucile ... Comme tu le dis, voilà ce qui arrive lorsqu'on ne ponctue pas et que la machine ne comprend plus rien à ce que l'on écrit, elle !
(Cependant, sur mon ordi, il manque encore les fins de lignes ... Je ne suis pas douée ...)

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de lucile83, postée le 27-04-2018 à 11:38:53 (S | E)
J'ai encore rétréci... Je ne pense pas pouvoir faire mieux auquel cas il faudra l'aide de Laurent
Dites-moi si c'est bon ou pas.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de here4u, postée le 27-04-2018 à 18:05:54 (S | E)
Oui! BRAVO! On voit tout !

beaucoup Lucile!

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de lucile83, postée le 27-04-2018 à 21:46:51 (S | E)
ouffff

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de chocolatcitron, postée le 29-04-2018 à 01:13:12 (S | E)
Bonjour Here4u !
Euh... ! ! Dans ton II 3e phrase, je ne compte que 19 mots au lieu de 20 annoncés !... Ne manquerait-il pas un "of" ?
Bon dimanche !

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de here4u, postée le 30-04-2018 à 13:34:07 (S | E)
Choco! Le "of" avait "sauté" lors de mes essais de résolution du bug ! Il y a bien 20 mots !

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de magie8, postée le 01-05-2018 à 00:14:08 (S | E)
BONJOUR à tous , c'est reparti pour un tour,je vais faire le maximum, mais avec tous ces ponts de 4 jours qui s'enchaînent et les grèves et perturbations des transports tout mon planning se trouve désorganisé aussi je commence par mon préféré.

READY TO CORRECT THIS PART
III) another torture d'après Maxwell ,3 phrases différentes avec désarçonner

1) The horse had jumped over all obstacles without DISMOUNTING the rider
le cheval avait sauté tous les obstacles sans désarçonner le cavalier (sens hors de sa monture= démonter)

2) Upon the meeting he will ask you a bunch of questions DON'T LET IT THROW YOU
lors de l'entretien il vous posera un tas de questions , ne vous laissez pas désarçonner.( sens=piéger, impressionner)

3)The store's inspector thought that I had stolen an article , I guess this bill of sale kind of WINDED HIM.
L inspecteur du magasin pensait que j'avais dérobé un article , je pense que ma preuve d'achat l'a désarçonné.(sens littéral=soufflé)

3 phrases avec vendre la mèche Ready to correct thank you

1) Look, you have had your fun now, well it is time TO SPILL THE BEANS.
La plaisanterie a assez duré maintenant ,bien! il est temps de vendre la mèche( sens= cracher le morceau)

2)He knew those responsible for scam, he was about To BLOW THE WHISTLE and had to be taken care of .
Il connaissait les responsables de l' escroquerie , il était sur le point de vendre la mèche , cela devenait urgent de l'éliminer.(sens=dénoncer)

3) I beg you not to talk to anyone about our relationship, someone might BLAB ABOUT IT TO A FRIEND;we would be in an embarassing position.
je t'en prie, ne parle à personne de notre relation, quelqu'un pourrait vendre la mèche;nous serions dans de sales draps.(sens= jaser bavarder)

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de here4u, postée le 01-05-2018 à 11:22:33 (S | E)
Hello à tous !

Je compatis vraiment avec toi, magie ... et il faut imaginer ce que vont être les semaines à venir après le retour des vacanciers ...

Bon courage et beaucoup de bonheur à tous.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de taiji43, postée le 02-05-2018 à 17:23:33 (S | E)
Thank you for all these lily of the valley bouquets which decorate our screen and perfume our hearts. I am sending
The three sentences with désarçonner

READY TO BE CORRECTED
1.) j’étais complètement désarçonnée (ébranlée), car j’étais à côté de la plaque avec ma troisième phrase traduite en anglais et malheureusement je l’avais déjà envoyée à corriger

I GOT completely shaken,, I was right off the track about
my third sentence translated into English and unfortunately, I had already sent it to be corrected

2.) Durant le saut d’obstacles, le cheval toucha la barrière et le cavalier fut désarçonné (jeter bas/ hors des arçons) ; l’espoir de remporter le trophée s’envolait immédiatement. il ferait mieux la prochaine fois

During the show jumping competition, the horse knocked down the barrier and the rider was THROWN. His hope to win the trophy flew away immediately. He would do better the next time

3 ) Ces arguments étaient en plein dans le mille et désarçonnèrent (décontenancèrent) son adversaire qui resta bouche bée
Thank you for all these bouquets of lily of the valley which embalms our hearts embalm our heart. Jr sends you the exercise three which is ended and the correction of the student is going to follow, I again have to think of itHis arguments were right in spot and disconcerted his opponent who was flabbergasted

II°)°RACK YOUR BRAIN HELP

adeutchphotographhas takenhundredridesoncitybussesandtrainsittingattopgarishdesineduniformsitingshewasquiet interestingbythefabriccovering thesitstheaccidentresistingmaterialydotooutlastspillstainsandtimeareplaningatlastingadecadeormostforhersbustourprojectmixing
performanceartphotographyprojectandsociologyexperimenttheartistpersuadedgermantransportcompagniestosoldhersomeofthefabriqueuse
She litteraly camoufflaged her in all sort of bus and train at her citie, dressed from cloth matching the fabrique and capturing the reaction
She told : “To wear them, you sweet as crasy, they feel as a nights armure and its hard to acting naturaly. I shouldn’t belive that much poeple
didn’t realize the connexion seing my and the sits together. Thinked they what were sheer coincidance? Any curious poeple at last talking to me,
and very less laught, but the most passagers should look shily by myself and quickly lookt the others way still.”

Hello dear Here4u,
I have been correcting this rack your brain for a week, however I don’t know if I corrected the mistakes or added my own faults
READY TO BE CORRECTED

A DUTCH photograph MADE HUNDREDS OF rides/ROUTES (a fait des centaines de trajets en bus de la ville BY city BUSE and BY train, SAT ON UNIFORM SEATS in A GARISH DESIGN AT THE TOP GARISH ( elle a fait des centaines de trajets en bus et train de la ville s assise sur des sièges uniformes au design au plus haut point criards)

She was quiet INTERESTED IN the fabric covering the SEATS, A MATERIA resisting AGAINST THE ACCIDENTS /A material proof accidents ?????? made TO outlast spill stains, and PLANNED TO LAST at LEAST (au moins) a decade or MORE for HER bus tour projectS,

Mixing performance OF art photographic project and SOCIOLGICAL experimentation , the artist persuaded German transport companies to SELL her some of THEIR FABRICS to cover the SEATS ,and then A FEW DESIGN CLOTHS IN different patterns
She LITERALLY CAMOUFLAGED HERSELF in all sortS of BUSES and trains OF her CITY, DRESSED from clothES matching WITH the FABRIC and capturing the reaction of fellow PASSENGERS with her camera.

She told: “WEARING them, you ARE SWEATING LIKE A CRAZY, YOU ARE FEELING LIKE a KNIGHT ARMOUR and IT IS hard to ACT NATURALLY

I COULDN’T BELIEVE that MANY PEOPLE didn’t realize the connexion SEEING TOGHETHER , I and THE SEATS and THINKING :WAS IT sheer COINCIDENCE? AT LAST SOME curious people WERE talking to me,

and very FEW OF THEM LAUGHED, but most OF THE PASSENGERS COULD look AT ME SHYLY and quickly LOOKED AT the others STILL WAY (mais la plupart des passagers me regardait timidement et regardait rapidement toujours beaucoup les autres) still way = toujours beaucoup dans le dictionnaire)

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de chocolatcitron, postée le 06-05-2018 à 22:45:50 (S | E)
Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de here4u le 26-04-2018. online le lundi 14 mai tard. FINISHED.

Hello dear Here4u and Maxwell and thank you both for your new exercises !
Hi Everybody!

Here is my work:
I) Please, help my student! He really needs you! Today, my student wants to inform you about a strange experiment…
He insisted on not putting the punctuation at first… One of his friends helped him for the second part of his text. Will you decipher this riddle ?

A Duth (or a German ????) photographer has taken hundred rides on city busses and trains sitting at the top, garish design uniform seats. He was quite interesting in the fabric covering the seats. The accidents restiting materially do to outlast spill stains, and time, are planning at lasting a decade or more for her bus tour project, mixing performance, art photograph project and sociology experiment. The artist persuaded a German transport company stosolddher some of the factory for covering the seats and then, clothing using different patterns.
She litterally camouflaged her in all sort of busses and trains in her city, dressed from clothes matching the factory, and shooting the reaction of fellow passengers with her camera.
She told:" To wear them, you sweat as a crazy, they feel as a night armour, and it's hard to act naturally. I shouldn't believe that much people didn't realise the connexion, seeing me and the seats together. Thought they, that were sheer coincidence any curious people at last are speaking to me, and very few laughed at me, but the most passengers should look shily by myself and quickly looked the other ways still. The photographs showing these reactions are archived in the artists' website.

Pas compris grand chose, (surtout dans la première partie), mais j'ai osé, et tant pis si j'ai échoué pour cet exercice vraiment chronophage !

II) Can you, please, reorder the words so as to make meaningful sentences… All the words must be used, none should be added!

1) RED/ BLUE/ ARE/ AND/ GRAPHIC/ FABRIC/ ROSES/ TRANSPORT/ ABOMINATION/ SURE/ MULTIHUED/ AS/ AS/ A/ IS/ VIOLETS/ = 16
As sure as roses are red and violets blue, transport fabric is a multihued graphic abomination.

2) WOOL/ WOOL/ TRANSPORT/ NATURAL/ RETARDANT/ FABRIC/ LONDON/ FLAME/ SINCE/ MOQUETTE/ HISTORICALLY/ A/ A/ HAS/ IS/ FOR/ ADOPTED/ = 17
Transport for London has historical adopted a wool moquette fabric since a natural wool is flame retardant.

3) NO/ LEFT/ RIDE/ ARE/ IMPRESSION/ WITH/ PUBLIC/ LINES/ RARELY/ MANY/ UPHOLSTERY/ TRANSPORT/ MATTER/ POSITIVE/ HOW/ WE/ WE/ THE/ A/ OF= 20
No matter how many lines, public transport we ride, we are rarely left with a positive impression of the upholstery.

III) ANOTHER TORTURE? Inspirée par Maxwell … Nous partagerons la main !

a) A partir du mot français suivant : « désarçonner », trouver au moins 3 traductions anglaises différentes possibles que vous utiliserez chacune dans une phrase qui explicitera le contexte dans lequel on peut l'utiliser, l'éventuel registre de langue associé, et les nuances de sens. (Ces 3 expressions anglaises ne devront (si possible) pas être interchangeables,
et chacune devrait apporter quelque chose de différent.

Désarçonner : unseat, unhorse.
Faire tomber quelqu'un de cheval...
This jockey had been UNSEATED by his horse as show jumping approaches.
Ce jockey a été désarçonné par son cheval à l'approche du saut d'obstacle.

Déconcerter : unsettle, disconcert.
This piece of news DISCONCERTED her, when she learnt that her daughter, twelve years old, was pregnant!
Cette nouvelle l'a désarçonnée, quand elle a appris que sa fille, douze ans, était enceinte !

Couper dans son élan, damer le pion de quelqu'un, désarçonner, tuer la motivation de qqn  (figuré) : take the wind out of sb's sails.
William got engaged to Maguy : their marriage 'll TAKE THE WIND OUT OF Anne-Marie'S SAILS, because Anne-Marie felt jealous and expected to get engaged to William.
William s'est fiancé à Maguy, leur mariage désarçonnera Anne-Marie, car Anne-Marie est jalouse et espérait se fiancer à William.

VENDRE LA MÊCHE : let the cat out of the bag (cracher le morceau), give the game away : (révéler).
The Police questioned her at lenght, till her LETTING THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG, and that her friend was betrayed and arrested!
La police l'a interrogée longuement, jusqu'à ce qu'elle crache le morceau, et que son ami fut dénoncé et arrêté !

Spill the beans : vendre la mèche, cracher le morceau, divulguer, se mettre à table, passer à table, tout avouer.
She can't keep a secret : she can't be my friend anymore, as she 'd end up SPILLING THE BEANS about my address to a friend of hers!
Elle ne sait pas garder un secret : elle ne peut plus être mon amie car elle a divulgué mon adresse à l'un de ses amis !

blabber vi informal (divulge information, inform) vendre la mèche vi
This spy, who 's got the scoop, BLABBERED that a plot was being hatched against the President.
L'espion qui a eu un scoop, divulguait qu'on manigançait un complot contre le Président.

Bon courage à tous ceux qui "oseront" ... and I give you THE FORCE, as ever...

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de tereda, postée le 09-05-2018 à 10:34:44 (S | E)
hello everyone, and you dear HERE4U
This is my try, READY TO BE CORRECTED

) Please, help my student! He really needs you!
A GERMAN photographer has taken hundred rides on city busses and trains, sitting AT THE TOP, garish designed uniform ; sitting, SHE was QUITE interested IN the fabric covering the SEATS of ACCIDENTAL-RESISTANT material do BY our last spill stains and time. THEY WERE PLANNED at LEAST for a decade or MORE.
For HER bus tour project mixing performance art photography project and SOCIOLOGY EXPERIMENT, the artist persuaded GERMAN TRANSPORTATION COMPANIES to sell her some of the FABRIC USED to covering the seats and then DESIGNED clothing the different patterns.

She WAS LITERALLY CAMOUFLAGED in all sort of bus and trains in her city, DRESSED FROM CLOTHES matching the FABRIC and capturing the reaction of fellow PASSENGERS with her camera..
She told : “WEARING them, you SWEAT like CRAZY, they feel like a night ARMOR and IT'S hard to ACT NATURALLY. I COULDN’T BELIEVE that many people didn’t realize the CONNECTION SEEING me and the SEATS together. DID THEY THINK that it was sheer COINCIDENCE? SOME curious people AT LEAST TALKED to me, and a VERY FEW LAUGHED, but most PASSENGERS WOULD look shyly AT ME and quickly LOOKED the other way again.”
The photographs showing these reactions ARE ARCHIVED in the ARTIST'S website.

Une photographe allemande a fait des centaines de trajets en bus de ville et en train, assise à l'étage supérieur, au design criard et uniforme ; assise là, elle était plutôt intéressée par le tissu couvrant les sièges, résistant aux taches et au temps passé.
Pour son projet de tournée en bus mêlant projet de festival de photographies d'art et expérience sociologique, l'artiste a persuadé les compagnies de transport allemandes de lui vendre une partie du tissu utilisé pour recouvrir les sièges et ensuite de concevoir des vêtements de différents modèles.
Elle s'est littéralement camouflée dans toutes sortes d'autobus et de trains dans sa ville, habillée de vêtements assortis au tissu et prête à saisir la réaction de ses compagnons de voyage avec sa caméra.
Elle a dit: «portant ses vêtements, vous transpirez comme un fou, ça ressemble à un camouflage nocturne et il est difficile d'agir naturellement. Je ne pouvais pas croire que beaucoup de gens ne réalisaient pas le lien en me voyant moi et les sièges. Pensaient-ils que c'était une pure coïncidence? Quelques personnes curieuses m'ont au moins parlé, et très peu ont ri, mais la plupart des passagers me regardaient timidement et regardaient rapidement de l'autre côté.
Les photographies montrant ces réactions sont disponibles sur le site de l'artiste.

II) Can you, please, reorder the words...
1. As sure as ROSES are red and violets blue, Graphic transport fabric is a multihued abomination. 16
2. Historically, London transport has adopted a wool moquette, for wool is a natural flame retardant fabric. 16
Sorry, I don't know where I can put "since".
3. We rarely left of a positive impression of public transport upholstery, many ride with no matter how THE lines are.

III) ANOTHER TORTURE
when My son told me he wanted to live in AUSTRALIA, I must say that I was really quite taken aback.
Quand mon fils m'a dit qu'il voulait vivre en Australie, je dois dire que j'étais désarçonnée.

Both attracted and disconcerted, the audience still came.
A la fois séduit et désarçonné, le public est cependant toujours au rendez-vous.

It was a good way to get back on the horse after being knocked off.
C'était une bonne manière de remonter sur le cheval après avoir été désarçonnés.

As usual, I've liked these exercises a lot, Thank you HERE4U

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de icare29, postée le 09-05-2018 à 19:05:18 (S | E)
Hello Here4u and all hard workers, here is my work OK FOR CORRECTION .

She litteraly camoufflaged her in all sort of bus and train at her citie, dress from cloth matching the fabrique and capturing the reaction
She told : ?To wear them, you sweet as crasy, they feel as a nights armure and its hard to acting naturaly. I shouldn't belive that much poeple
didn't realize the connexion seing my and the sits together. Thinked they what were sheer coincidance? Any curious poeple at last talking to me,
and very less laught, but the most passagers should look shily by myself and quickly lookt the others way still.?
The photography showing these reactions is arkived in the artists website. .

HERE IS MY CORRECTION
A Dutch photographer took hundreds rides on city busses and trains , sitting at top garish, and wearing designed uniforms , she was quite interesting by the fabric - covered seats
Accidents, texture resistance , outlast, spill stain and time duration are planning at least for a decade ,most of it in bus tour . Lacking of performance, art photography and sociology impact were also experimented during this decade
The artist talked German transport company into solding her some of the fabric- covered seats , designed clothes made in différents patterns .
She was literally camouflaged in bus , in train, in the city with all sort of dresses and clothes matching with the fabric -covered seats in order to capture the reaction of fellow passengers with her camera....
she said : to wear them you sweat like crasy, it feels like à knight armur and it's hard acting naturally
I would't believe in too much people .I didn't realize that the connexion between me and seats was not a sheer coincidence . Some curious people at last talked to me and very few of them laughed at me but the most passengers looked shily and quickly looked the other way style.
Photographies showing these reactions are archived in the artist website...

As sure as roses are red and violets blue, fabric- multihued graphic is a transport abomination.

WOOL/ WOOL/ TRANSPORT/ NATURAL/ RETARDANT/ FABRIC/ LONDON/ FLAME/ SINCE/ MOQUETTE/ HISTORICALLY/ A/ A/ HAS/ IS/ FOR/ ADOPTED/ = 17
London has historically adopted a wool fabric moquette for transport since natural wool is a flame retardant

NO/ LEFT/ RIDE/ ARE/ IMPRESSION/ WITH/ PUBLIC/ LINES/ RARELY/ MANY/ UPHOLSTERY/ TRANSPORT/ MATTER/ POSITIVE/ HOW/ WE/ WE/ THE/ A/ OF= 20
No matter how many lines public transport we ride, we are rarely left with a positive impression of the upholstery..

Thank you vey much for this indecipherable test .....

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de here4u, postée le 10-05-2018 à 17:33:22 (S | E)
Hello !
Demain commenceront les envois de corrections, car je crains le "dernier moment" ...
Cependant, il reste encore plusieurs jours aux "last-minute" posters ...

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de joe39, postée le 10-05-2018 à 20:16:49 (S | E)
Dear here4u,
Here is my try, ready to be corrected.

adeutchphotographhas takenhundredridesoncitybussesandtrain sittingattopgarishdesineduniformsitingshewasquiet
interestingbythefabriccoveringthesitstheaccidentresistingmaterialydotooutlastspillstains
andtime areplaningatlasting adecadeormostforhersbustourprojectmixingperformanceartphotographyprojectand
sociologyexperiment theartistpersuadedgermantransportcompagniestosoldhersomeofthefabriqueuse
A GERMAN PHOTOGRAPHER has taken hundreds OF SLIDES on city BUSES and TRAINS, sitting in a top garish DESIGNED uniforms seat.
She was quite INTERESTED IN the fabric covering the seats: the accident RESISTANT material LEAD to outlast spills, STAINS
and time, WHICH WAS PLANNED TO LAST a decade or MORE, for other bus tour PROJECTS. Mixing performance, PHOTOGRAPHIC
art PROJECTS and SOCIOLOGICAL EXPERIMENTS, the artist persuaded GERMAN transport companies to SELL her some
of THEIR FABRICS USED to COVER the SEATS and then SHE DESIGNED CLOTHES, using the different patterns.

She litteraly camoufflaged her in all sort of bus and train at her citie, dress from cloth matching the fabrique and capturing the reaction of fellow passagers with her camera. She told : “To wear them, you sweet as crasy, they feel as a
nights armure and its hard to acting naturaly. I shouldn’t belive that much poeple didn’t realize the connexion seing my and the sits together.
Thinked they what were sheer coincidance? Any curious poeple at last talking to me,and very less laught, but the most passagers should look shily by myself and quickly lookt the others way still.”

She LITERALLY CAMOUFLAGED HERSELF in all sort of BUSES and TRAINS OF her CITY, DRESSED WITH CLOTHES ,THAT WERE matching the FABRICS WHICH COVERED THEIR SEATS and capturing the REACTIONS of fellow passengers with her Camera.
She tells: WEARING them you sweat LIKE HELL, they MAKE YOU feel like you’re in a KNIGHT’S ARMOUR , and IT’S hard to
acting NATURALLY. YOU COULDN’T BELIEVE that MANY people didn’t realize the CONNECTION IN SEEING me and the SEATS
together. DID they THINK THAT IT were A sheer COINCIDENCE? SOME curious people at last TALKED TO ME, and very FEW
LAUGHED, but most OF the passengers, LOOKED AT ME QUIETLY, AS IF I WERE SILLY and quickly LOOKED AWAY.
The PHOTOGRAPHS showing these reactions ARE ARCHIVED in the ARTIST’S website.
II)
1) RED/ BLUE/ ARE/ AND/ GRAPHIC/ FABRIC/ ROSES/TRANSPORT/ ABOMINATION/ SURE/ MULTIHUED/ AS/ AS/ A/IS/ VIOLETS/ = 16
as sure as roses are red and violets blue, transport abomination is a multihued graphic fabric - 16
2) WOOL/ WOOL/ TRANSPORT/ NATURAL/ RETARDANT/ FABRIC/ LONDON/ FLAME/ SINCE/ MOQUETTE/ HISTORICALLY A/ A/ HAS/ IS/ FOR/ ADOPTED/ = 17
London has historically adopted wool moquette for transport, since a wool fabric is a flame natural retardant. 17
3) NO/ LEFT/ RIDE/ ARE/ IMPRESSION/ WITH/ PUBLIC/ LINES/ RARELY/ MANY/ UPHOLSTERY/ TRANSPORT/ MATTER/ POSITIVE/ HOW/ WE/ WE/ THE/ A/OF/ = 20
No matter how many public transport lines we ride, we rarelyare left with a positive impression of the upholstery - 20
III) ANOTHER TORTURE? Inspirée par Maxwell … Nous
partagerons la main !
a) A partir du mot français suivant : « désarçonner », trouver au moins 3 traductions anglaises différentes
1 - A young blackbird is searching for food,
In the garden, hiding himself among the grass,
but jumping to and fro TO PUZZLE the cat,
who stands behind the rosemary bush,
waiting in ambush.
2 – During the medieval jousts, the most important event was that of the fight between two knights who, going each against
the other at full tilt aimed AT UNSADDLING the adversary.
3 –During the American Civil War, Lieutenant General Nathan Bedford Forrest was the most talented cavalry leader of the
Confederate States of America. His innovative system of employ the cavalry made him able TO BEWILDER the enemy units, often overwhelming them, independently of their force in number and means. Although his talent wasn't fully utilized by the Confederate high command, his campaigns became matter of study for many future generations of military strategists.
1 -The secret service was able TO UNVEIL THE SECRET plan of the terrorist organization before they could carry out the attack in the subway.
2 - Why LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG before obtaining a signed and sealed engagement from our business partners?
3 - Our investment venture is worth being carried on, but WE DON'T RISK TO RUIN IT, by useless actions towards our competitors: Better let sleeping dogs lie.
I thank you very much for this demanding exercise, which made me work as I were a workaholic.
I hope you have a pleasant evening.
So long.
Joe39

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de here4u, postée le 10-05-2018 à 20:38:37 (S | E)
Hello, Dears!
Je vous sens inquiets ... (pas de panique ... )
Vous me demandez si, dans le 1, il suffit de séparer les mots et de mettre ponctuation et majuscules ... Eh bien ... NON ! Ce serait "trop facile"... Une fois décollés, les mots (et les phrases) peuvent contenir des erreurs (orthographe, grammaire, syntaxe ...) Ces erreurs sont assez nombreuses : donc, restez vigilants ...
Une des techniques est de lire le texte à voix haute pour sentir là où il faut ponctuer ... puis, de reprendre avec soin la vérification des erreurs ... Je comprends bien qu'il est très difficile de tout voir ... Faites de votre mieux, comme toujours ... Courage à tous.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de chrys, postée le 12-05-2018 à 10:07:06 (S | E)
hello Here4u, hello all.
Here is my try and it is ready to be corrected.

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you!
A Dutch photographer has taken a hundred photographs, riding on city busses and trains; sitting on the top, dressed in a garish designed uniform; sitting, she was quite interested by the fabric covering the seats. The accident resisting materially doing to outlast spill stains and time are planning at lasting a decade or most for her bus tour project. Mixing
performance art photography project and sociology experiment, the artist persuaded German transport companies to sell her some of the fabrics to cover the seats and the designer clothes using the different patterns.
She literally camouflaged herself in all sort of busses and trains in her city, dressed from clothes, matching the fabric and capturing the reaction of fellow passengers with her camera.
She told: “To wear them, you are sweet as crazy. They feel as a night armure and it is hard to act naturally. I shouldn’t believe that how much people didn’t realize the connexion seeing I and the seats together. Thanked they what was sheer coincidence? Any curious people at last talking to me, and very less laugh, but the most passengers should look shily by myself and quickly look the others way still.”
The photography showing these reactions is arrived in the artists website.

II) ANOTHER TORTURE? Inspirée par Maxwell … Nous partagerons la main !
a) Désarçonner

The battle ended when he unhorsed his enemy.
This hilarious film will touch you but at the same time, the story will disconcert you.
With a very hurtful comment, he took the wind out of Alexandra's sails.

That's all and I have realized that the exercise has an appropriate name. It was very very very difficult for me to do it.
Thanks a lot and have a very good sunny saturday!

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de maxwell, postée le 14-05-2018 à 08:00:39 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello Here4U
Thanks a lot again for this exercise : I did my favourite ones

I) HELP MY STUDENT:

[A] GERMAN PHOTOGRAPHER has taken A hundred rides on city BUSES and TRAINS[,] sitting ATOP garish DESIGN uniform SEATS[.]
[S]he was QUITE INTERESTED IN the fabric covering the SEATS [:]
the accident-RESISTANT MATERIAL DUE to outlast SPILLED stains and time WAS PLANNED TO LAST FOR a decade or MORE[.]
[F]or HER bus tour project mixing performance art[,] photography project and sociology experiment[,] the artist persuaded [G]erman transport COMPANIES to SELL her some of the FABRICS USED to COVER the SEATS and then SHE DESIGNED CLOTHES using the different patterns.
She LITERALLY CAMOUFLAGED HERSELF in all SORTS of BUSES and TRAINS IN her CITY, DRESSED WITH CLOTHES matching the FABRIC and CAPTURED the reaction of fellow PASSENGERS with her camera.
She SAID : ?WEARING them MAKES you SWEAT LIKE CRAZY [;] they LOOK LIKE a KNIGHT's ARMOUR and IT'S hard to ACT NATURALLY.
I shouldn't BELIEVE that MANY PEOPLE didn't realize the CONNECTION SEEING ME and the SEATS together. DID THEY THINK THAT WHAT I WAS WEARING WAS sheer COINCIDENCE?
A FEW curious PEOPLE at last TALKED to me, and very FEW LAUGHED, but [] most PASSENGERS WOULD look SHYLY AT ME and THEN quickly LOOK the OTHER way.?
The PHOTOGRAPHS showing these reactions ARE ARCHIVED ON the ARTIST'S website.

III) ANOTHER TORTURE :

DESARCONNER :

1) Au sens propre : faire tomber qq1 de cheval (mettre hors des arçons), démonter :
To unseat / To unhorse/ To throw / To dismount
IF A HORSE IS SCARED, UNCOMFORTABLE OR DOESN'T WANT THE RIDER ON ITS BACK, IT WILL THROW HIM TO THE GROUND. THAT'S NOT THE WAY THE RIDER LIKES TO DISMOUNT FROM HIS HORSE.

2) Au sens figuré : déloger, évincer, destituer, dégommer (mais sans tuer), déboulonner...
To unhorse, To unseat, To oust ...
THIS POLITICAL SCANDAL MADE HIM UNABLE TO DO MUCH OF ANYTHING BUT RESIGN. IT'S NOT THE FIRST TIME POLITICIANS HAVE BEEN UNSEATED FROM THEIR POSITIONS AS LEADERS, AND IT WON'T BE THE LAST ONE.

3) déconcerter qq1, lui faire perdre son assurance, dérouter, interloquer, démonter, désorienter, déboussoler voire déstabiliser, désarmer (= empêcher d'avancer dans la direction prévue initialement): to unsettle / to disconcert / To disorient / to take sb aback (décontenancer, interloquer) / To disarm / To nonplus = to put at a loss as to what to think, say or do = to baffle = to bewilder (dérouter, rendre/laisser perplexe) / To throw = to cause confusion or perplexity in, disconcert or nonplus / To throw sb off balance, To destabilize, to perturb, to undermine (= déstabiliser)
AFTER A BRILLANT SPEECH TO PROVE TO HIS BOSS HE DESERVED HIS RAISE, THE BOSS NONPLUSSED HIM AND DISARMED HIM, MADE HIM ALMOST UNABLE TO REPLY, BY REMINDING HIM ALL HIS MISTAKES WITHOUT WHICH THE COMPANY WOULD HAVE FLOURISHED MUCH MORE. HE LEFT THE OFFICE HIS TAIL BETWEEN HIS LEGS...

4) Réaction d'étonnement : abasourdir, sidérer, ahurir, stupéfier, estomaquer, estourbir, éberluer, surpendre énormement= to surprise / To stagger (to astonish, to shock, to overwhelm) / To startle (to alarm, to frighten, to surprise suddenly) / To stun, to astound, to amaze, to astonish, to stupefy / To bowl over (informal), To floor (informal) / To dumbfound (to fill with astonishment and perplexity) / To leave open-mouthed / To flabbergast = to astound = to amaze utterly
WHEN I HEARD HER ANSWER, IT WAS A REAL SHOCK: HOW COULD I HAVE EVER IMAGINED SHE WOULD SAY SO? SHE DUMBFOUNDED ME SO MUCH THAT I WAS LEFT OPEN-MOUTHED, LITERALLY UNABLE TO UTTER A SINGLE WORD.

5) En élargissant à brouiller l'esprit, embrouiller, complexifier (manière de désarçonner) :
To confuse, to addle, to becloud, to befog, to mix up, To stump, To muddle (up) / To blur / To puzzle / To perplex/ To flummox
IN HOWARD HAWKS' BRINGING UP BABY, SUSAN KEEPS UP CONFUSING EVERYONE, MAKING UP STORIES, IN ORDER TO REACH HER GOAL : GETTING HER HOOKS INTO DAVID

6) Plus spécifique : to trip sb up ((faire) trébucher, pousser à la faute) = to cause to stumble

VENDRE LA MECHE :

1) Expression avec métaphore (figuré) ; souvent involontairement.
To let the cat out of the bag / To spill the beans / To give the game away / To give sth away / To blow the whistle on sth / To blow one's cover
"HOW COULD YOU LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG ? IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A CAREFULLY GUARDED SECRET!" "I REALLY DON'T KNOW...IT JUST SLIPPED OUT..." "TRY AND KEEP YOUR "BAG" SEALED NEXT TIME..."

2) Sans métaphore ; mais pas familier/argotique : divulguer, révéler, dévoiler, trahir, annoncer la nouvelle
To disclose, To divulge, To reveal / To betray a secret / To babble out / To discover / To break (the news) (to sb) / To bring out / To tell / To talk / To unwrap / To let out
THEY DO HAVE WAYS TO MAKE YOU TALK AND DIVULGE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ABOUT OUR NATION'S SECURITY LIKE TORTURE, SO WHEN YOU'RE CAPTURED AND YOU THINK THERE'S NO WAY OUT, USE THAT EMERGENCY PELLET

3) Slang/informal : lâcher/cracher le morceau, déballer, se mettre à table, balancer. Donc donner des infos, volontairement ou non
To let on / To let sb in on sth / To spill / To blab/ To blab sth / To blab about sth / To blow the gaff (on)
"I ASKED YOU NOT TO LET ON ABOUT THE BIRTHDAY PARTY. WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING ? I THOUGHT YOU WERE NOT THE KIND OF BLOKE TO BLOW THE GAFF" "I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO IT. I JUST SAID IT WITHOUT THINKING"

4) Slang. Spécifique au milieu policier ou de l'espionnage : donner des infos volontairement en devenant informateur, trahir
To tip (sb) off / To give insider information to / To sing / To squeal / To sell out / To peach sb
"HOW COME YOU KNOW THAT STUFF ? WHO TIPPED YOU OFF?" "ANDREW SANG. AND I DIDN'T FORCE HIM TO SQUEAL. A SMALL ENVELOPE DID THE JOB."

5) Slang/informal : moucharder, cafter, cafarder, rapporter, dénoncer quelqu'un, en général volontairement, et à une autorité, en général pour lui nuire
(US: ) To rat sb out (to sb) / To shop sb (to the police) / To tattle on sb / To tell on sb / To snitch on sb / To grass (on sb) / To blow the whistle on sb
"I'M GONNA RAT YOU OUT" MARY SAID TO CHRISTOPHER. INDEED, SHE TOLD ON HIM AND THE SCHOOLTEACHER GAVE HIM A PUNISHMENT BECAUSE SPITTING ON SOMEONE IS NOT DONE.

6) Conséquences de vendre la mèche : voler la vedette, gâcher la surprise
To steal sb's thunder / To spoil the ending / To spoil the fun / To ruin the surprise
PLEASE DON'T SPOIL THE ENDING OF THE FILM : I DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT, I JUST WANT TO BE LEFT IN SUSPENSE UNTIL THE END.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de here4u, postée le 14-05-2018 à 23:35:57 (S | E)
Hello, Dear Friends,

Voici votre correction … Une fois encore, vous me dites avoir souffert ( j’en suis triste et désolée …) mais vous êtes contents d’avoir fait l’effort et êtes satisfaits de ce que vous avez appris. GOOD! Le texte de mon élève reste mystérieux pour certains et j’espère sincèrement que vous aurez tout compris à la fin de cette correction … Une fois encore, cependant, je dois vous dire que la plupart des devoirs rendus ne laissaient pas supposer les difficultés que vous avez rencontrées … TOUTES MES FELICITATIONS à tous, donc !
Une fois encore, je vais demander un effort supplémentaire à 3 volontaires (deux pour le texte de mon élève et un/ une pour les phrases.). Merci d’avance …

I) Please, help my student! He really needs you!

A German photographer (1) had taken hundreds of rides (2) in city buses and trains, sitting on top of garishly designed uniform seating. She was quite interested in the fabrics covering the seats. The accident-resistant materials, made (3) to outlast spills, stains and time, are planned to last a decade or more.
For her « Bustour » project mixing performance art, photography project, and sociology experiment, the artist persuaded German transport companies to sell her some of the fabric used to cover the seating and then designed clothes using the different patterns. She literally camouflaged herself within every sort of bus and train in her city, dressed with clothes matching the fabric and captured the reaction of fellow passengers with her camera.
She said(4): “Wearing (5) them, you sweat like crazy, they feel like a knight’s armor and it’s hard to act naturally. I couldn’t believe that many people didn’t realize the connection seeing me and the seats together. Did they think that it was sheer coincidence? Some curious people at least talked to me, and a very few laughed, but most passengers would look (6) shyly at me and quickly look the other way again.” The photos showing these reactions are archived on the artist’s website.

(1) Beaucoup d’erreurs ici … : a photo/ a photograph= une photo ; a photographer= un photographe ; photography= la photographie (l’art).
(2) Attention à l’emploi des numéraux : en position d’adjectifs, ils restent invariables, mais reliés à un autre nom (par « of ») ils s’accordent.
(3) Mon « pauvre élève » n’arrête pas de confondre « do » et « make » …pas comme vous, bien sûr ! (N°117824= 1er niveau – N°103537= 2e niveau.)
(4) Nous ne connaissons pas l’interlocuteur, qui n’est pas précisé … => "said" (S'il l'était => "told")
(5) « wearing them » = « les porter » = le fait de les porter = gérondif. "To wear them" = pour les porter.
(6) Attention, le « would » s’applique aux deux verbes « look ». Avez-vous deviné la bonne valeur de « would » ?

As sure as roses are red and violets blue, transport fabric is a multihued graphic abomination. = 16

2) WOOL/ WOOL/ TRANSPORT/ NATURAL/ RETARDANT/ FABRIC/ LONDON/ FLAME/ SINCE/ MOQUETTE/ HISTORICALLY/ A/ A/ HAS/ IS/ FOR/ ADOPTED/
Since wool is a natural flame retardant, transport for London has historically adopted a wool moquette fabric. 17

3) NO/ LEFT/ RIDE/ ARE/ IMPRESSION/ WITH/ PUBLIC/ LINES/ RARELY/ MANY/ UPHOLSTERY/ TRANSPORT/ MATTER/ POSITIVE/ HOW/ WE/ WE/ THE/ A/OF= 20
No matter how many public transport lines we ride, we are rarely left with a positive impression of the upholstery.= 20

III) ANOTHER TORTURE? Cette « suggestion » est encore la version « allégée » du travail de Maxwell … merci Maxwell !
III)1) Désarçonner :
1) Au sens propre : faire tomber qq1 de cheval (mettre hors des arçons), démonter : to unseat / To unhorse/ To throw / To dismount
- If a horse is scared, uncomfortable or refuses a rider, IT WILL THROW HIM TO THE GROUND.
2) Au sens figuré : déloger, évincer, destituer, dégommer (mais sans tuer), déboulonner...To unhorse, To unseat, To oust ...
- This political scandal made him unable to do much but resign… It’s not the first time politicians have been UNSEATED from their positions.
3) déconcerter qq1, lui faire perdre son assurance, dérouter, interloquer, démonter, désorienter, déboussoler voire déstabiliser, désarmer (= empêcher d'avancer dans la direction prévue initialement): to unsettle / to disconcert / To disorient / to take sb aback (décontenancer, interloquer) / To disarm / To nonplus = to put at a loss as to what to think, say or do = to baffle = to bewilder (dérouter, rendre/ laisser perplexe) / To throw = to cause confusion or perplexity in, disconcert or nonplus / To throw sb off balance, To destabilize, to perturb, to undermine (= déstabiliser)
- The boss NONPLUSSED him and DISARMED him ; he was unable to reply.
4) Réaction d'étonnement : abasourdir, sidérer, ahurir, stupéfier, estomaquer, estourbir, éberluer, surpendre énormement= to surprise / To stagger (to astonish, to shock, to overwhelm) / To startle (to alarm, to frighten, to surprise suddenly) / To stun, to astound, to amaze, to astonish, to stupefy / To bowl over (informal), To floor (informal) / To dumbfound (to fill with astonishment and perplexity) / To leave open-mouthed / To flabbergast = to astound = to amaze utterly
- When I heard her answer, I was DUMBFOUNDED and literally unable to utter a single word.

III) 2. Vendre la mèche.
1) Expression avec métaphore (figuré) To let the cat out of the bag / To spill the beans / To give the game away / To give sth away / To blow the whistle on sth / To blow one's cover
- "How could you LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG? It was supposed to be a secret…!"
2) Sans métaphore ; mais pas familier/argotique : divulguer, révéler, dévoiler, trahir, annoncer la nouvelle ; To disclose, To divulge, To reveal / To betray a secret / To babble out / To discover / To break (the news) (to sb) / To bring out / To tell / To talk / To unwrap / To let out
- They have ways to make you DIVULGE confidential information.
3) Slang/informal : lâcher/cracher le morceau, déballer, se mettre à table, balancer. Donc donner des infos, volontairement ou non
To let on / To let sb in on sth / To spill / To blab/ To blab sth / To blab about sth / To blow the gaff (on)
- "I asked you NOT TO LET ON about the birthday party. I know you’re not the type TO BLOW THE GAFF"
4) Slang. Spécifique au milieu policier ou de l'espionnage : donner des infos volontairement en devenant informateur, trahir
To tip (sb) off / To give insider information to / To sing / To squeal / To sell out / To peach sb
- "How come you know that stuff? Who TIPPED YOU OFF?" "Andrew SANG.and I couldn’t force him TO SQUEAL.
5) Slang/informal : moucharder, cafter, cafarder, rapporter, dénoncer quelqu'un, en général volontairement, et à une autorité, en général pour lui nuire : (US: ) To rat sb out (to sb) / To shop sb (to the police) / To tattle on sb / To tell on sb / To snitch on sb / To grass (on sb) / To blow the whistle on sb
- "I'm gonna RAT you off" Mary said to Christopher. Indeed, she TOLD ON HIM and the schoolteacher gave him a punishment because SPITTING ON someone isn’t done !
6) Conséquences de vendre la mèche : voler la vedette, gâcher la surprise : To steal sb's thunder / To spoil the ending / To spoil the fun / To ruin the surprise
- Please, don’t SPOIL THE ENDING of the film: I don’t want to know anything about it.

Bravo, Maxwell, pour cet excellent travail si complet …

et aussi à vous tous pour toutes ces recherches et ces trouvailles ...

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de here4u, postée le 16-05-2018 à 18:14:30 (S | E)
Hello !

La "capricieuse Machine" de Laurent avait échangé toutes mes images d'illustration ... qui valent pourtant le coup d’oeil, non ?

J'attends toujours mes volontaires ... Choco s'était proposée ... Elle devait faire la traduction du texte ... Il me manque encore un/ une volontaire pour les phrases ... Go for it!

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de chocolatcitron, postée le 16-05-2018 à 19:51:21 (S | E)
Bonjour ma chère Here4u... !
Hello everybody !
L'occasion de rattraper mon forum de cette quinzaine quelque peu manqué... !

A German photographer (1) had taken hundreds of rides (2) in city buses and trains, sitting on top of garishly designed uniform seating. She was quite interested in the fabrics covering the seats. The accident-resistant materials, made (3) to outlast spills, stains and time, are planned to last a decade or more.
For her « Bustour » project mixing performance art, photography project, and sociology experiment, the artist persuaded German transport companies to sell her some of the fabric used to cover the seating and then designed clothes using the different patterns. She literally camouflaged herself within every sort of bus and train in her city, dressed with clothes matching the fabric and captured the reaction of fellow passengers with her camera.
She said(4): “Wearing (5) them, you sweat like crazy, they feel like a knight’s armor and it’s hard to act naturally. I couldn’t believe that many people didn’t realize the connection seeing me and the seats together. Did they think that it was sheer coincidence? Some curious people at least talked to me, and a very few laughed, but most passengers would look (6) shyly at me and quickly look the other way again.” The photos showing these reactions are archived on the artist’s website.

Voici la traduction proposée :
Une photographe allemande avait parcouru des centaines de lignes dans les bus et les trains de la ville, assise sur un siège au dessin uniforme tape à l’œil. Elle était plutôt intéressée par la fabrication du tissu d'ameublement qui habillait les sièges. L'étude de la résistance du matériau, fait pour résister à la saleté, aux tâches et au temps durant une décennie ou davantage. Pour son projet de voyage en bus, mélangeant la performance de l'art, le projet photographique, et l'expérience sociale, l'artiste a persuadé une compagnie de transports allemande, de lui vendre quelques échantillons, utilisés pour couvrir les sièges, et puis, elle dessina des vêtements aux différents motifs. Elle se fondait littéralement avec le décor de tous les bus et les trains de sa ville, habillée de vêtements assortis au tissu d'ameublement, et photographiait la réaction type des voyageurs avec son appareil photographique.
Elle dit : «  En les portant, vous transpirez comme un fou, ils ressemblent à des armures de preux chevaliers, et c'est difficile de se comporter naturellement, je ne pouvais pas imaginer que tant de monde ne ferait pas le lien en « me confondant » avec mon siège. Pensaient-ils que cela était une pure coïncidence ? Quelques personnes curieuses me parlaient finalement, et très peu riaient, mais la plupart détournaient honteusement le regard, et regardaient rapidement dans le sens opposé. » Les photographies montrant leurs réactions sont archivées sur le site de l'artiste.

Bon anniversaire HERE4U !
Have a great and very very sweet week!

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de tereda, postée le 17-05-2018 à 09:52:49 (S | E)
merci CHOCO

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de here4u, postée le 17-05-2018 à 15:44:46 (S | E)
Hello!
Non, je n'ai pas oublié ... de remercier Choco, de "regarder" sa version ... et de relancer pour les phrases ... Quelques "occupations" m'ont éloignée d'un bon Wifi ...

Une photographe allemande avait parcouru des centaines de lignes dans les bus et les trains de la ville, assise sur un siège au dessin uniforme tape à l’œil. Elle était plutôt (au sens de "assez") intéressée par la fabrication du tissu d'ameublement qui habillait les sièges. L'étude de la résistance du matériau, fait pour résister à la saleté, aux tâches et au temps durant une décennie ou davantage : pour son "Voyage en bus", mélangeant la performance de l'art, le projet photographique, et l'expérience sociale, l'artiste persuada une compagnie allemande de transports de lui vendre quelques échantillons, utilisés pour recouvrir les sièges, puis, elle dessina des vêtements aux différents motifs. Elle se fondit littéralement avec le décor de tous les bus et les trains de sa ville, habillée de vêtements assortis au tissu d'ameublement, et photographia la réaction type des voyageurs avec son appareil photographique.
Elle dit : « En les portant, vous transpirez comme un fou, ils ressemblent à des armures de preux chevaliers, et c'est difficile de se comporter naturellement ; je ne pouvais pas imaginer que tant de personnes ne feraient pas le lien en « me confondant » avec mon siège. Pensaient-ils que la similitude était pure coïncidence ? Quelques personnes curieuses me parlèrent finalement, et très peu ont ri, mais la plupart détournèrent honteusement le regard, et regardèrent rapidement dans le sens opposé. »
Les photographies montrant leurs réactions sont archivées sur le site de l'artiste.

Excellent travail, Choco, et tous nos et . (quelques rectifications mineures de temps ...)
Un/ une "autre volontaire" a jusqu'à demain pour poster la traduction des phrases, faute de quoi je laisserai le "monopole" à Choco !

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de chocolatcitron, postée le 19-05-2018 à 00:12:11 (S | E)
Bonjour,
j'ai attendu une ou un volontaire pour le deuxième exercice jusqu'au dernier moment de la journée pour poster, afin de ne pas monopoliser l'espace. Comme convenu avec Here4u, voici une correction du sens des phrases... afin de clore ce forum et de passer à autre chose : Here4u viendra si nécessaire corriger mon travail.
N'oubliez pas : "practice makes perfect..., you should really try...!"

As sure as roses are red and violets blue, transport fabric is a multihued graphic abomination. = 16
Aussi sûre que les roses sont rouges et les violettes bleues, le tissu polychrome des moyens de transports est une abomination graphique.

2) WOOL/ WOOL/ TRANSPORT/ NATURAL/ RETARDANT/ FABRIC/ LONDON/ FLAME/ SINCE/ MOQUETTE/ HISTORICALLY/ A/ A/ HAS/ IS/ FOR/ ADOPTED/
Since wool is a natural flame retardant, transport for London has historically adopted a wool moquette fabric. 17
Depuis que la laine est un retardant naturel des flammes, les transports de Londres ont historiquement adopté le tissu d'ameublement en laine.

3) NO/ LEFT/ RIDE/ ARE/ IMPRESSION/ WITH/ PUBLIC/ LINES/ RARELY/ MANY/ UPHOLSTERY/ TRANSPORT/ MATTER/ POSITIVE/ HOW/ WE/ WE/ THE/ A/OF= 20
No matter how many public transport lines we ride, we are rarely left with a positive impression of the upholstery.= 20
Peu importe le nombre de lignes de transport que nous parcourons, nous sommes rarement impressionnés de manière positive par les garnitures des sièges.

Thanks to Here4u!
Thanks to Lucile who allows us to exercise on this forum !
Have a nice and sweet week!
See you soon.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de maxwell, postée le 19-05-2018 à 08:46:46 (S | E)
Hello
J'aurais apporté quelques corrections mineures :
1. Aussi sûr (et non sûre)
2. Puisque (et non depuis que)
3. empruntons (plutôt que parcourons)

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de here4u, postée le 19-05-2018 à 09:02:19 (S | E)
Hello,
Que rajouter de plus ? A vous deux, vous atteignez la perfection ! s
J'insisterai surtout sur le sens de since = ici= puisque. Lien internet

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/ 21 de chocolatcitron, postée le 19-05-2018 à 13:23:49 (S | E)
Bonjour,
Oui, en effet, merci Maxwell pour tes corrections à vous deux !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de néerlandais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.