Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Publicités :

Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 11-08-2019 à 23:14:37 (S | E | F)
Hello You all!

"Devoir de vacances", encore ... juste de nom ... car ce devoir est long et n'est "pas facile" (= an understatement!) Ce premier exercice est un bon et la correction de l'ensemble sera en ligne le mardi mercredi 28 août, tard. Encore une fois, surtout en ces temps de chaleur, orages et réunions de familles, vous avez beaucoup de mérite à travailler, et pouvez, bien sûr, ne faire le devoir qu'en partie ...
Maxwell s'était proposé pour vous fabriquer un "abacus" de son cru, mais je crois qu'il est plus sage de le reporter à fin août, car ces deux exercices sont longs ... Je m'engage à donner au suivant des longueurs plus raisonnables ...

I.Please, help my student! Ce texte contient 20 fautes à corriger ! (en majuscules ! et il y en a vraiment au moins 20, cette fois !)) (les fautes répétées ne comptent, bien sûr, qu’une fois … )
This text contains many mistakes... (to be corrected!)

Refugees families in Aberdeenshire say second-hand bikes have done a huge difference as they try to settle into their new life.
"The most refugees can’t buy cars. There are10 families here. They don't have cars and if you want to go anywhere it will be expensive. The school is like half hour’s walk."
Shirin, her husband and their two young children arrived earlier this year as beneficiaries of the Syrian Refugees Resettlement Programme. In the garden of their home, Shirin is happy as she watches her children play with the bikes given to them by Bikes For Refugees.
"This is the best feeling never," she says. "You know your kids will be OK. They will grew. They will study. It's great."
As well as to the Kennedy, who changed their name when they arrived in Scotland, bikes were provided to three other newly relocated refugee families. The donations have done a positive impact on the community.
"All the families, especially the men - if they're not going to school they go and have a bike ride. They ride the bikes together around the town to know the city more. It makes them the closer. One of the man lives really far away and it's hard for him to go to the shop and get the food. Now he goes on the bike, and it is easier.
In February, Shirin's family arrived in Scotland. They fleed the Syrian civil war in 2012, and spent the seven following years in camps in neighbour Lebanon.
"Even today, I can't speak about what we've been at. It was so hard," she says.
That is one of the reason why they wanted a new name. They had bad experiments at home, they had bad experiments in Lebanon and wanted to feel like new people.
They're trying to integrate the society here but can't say it's easy. Everyone’s trying to explain the different culture but it's still hard. "I keep telling them 'this is a totally different planet to Syria'. Really and totally different."
Alongside getting used to UK systems -"the paperwork, it never ends" - the Kennedy and other refugees families had been dealing with a lack of transport.
Through social media, Shirin came across the page of Bikes for Refugees. Since it has been found in 2017, the Edinburgh-based group has distributed over 650 donated bikes to refugees families across Scotland.
"We know how a simple thing as a bike can be transformational giving people freedom of movement and enjoyment. It also sends out an important message of solidarity and says to people - you are welcome here," says the group's fonder. The charity did not have volunteers or donors in the area, so it launched a special fundraising appeal to gather enough bikes for the families.
"They did it. They promised and they did it," Shirin says. "They send 18 bikes, what was a dream, so every members of the new families has a bike."
Two volunteers drove the bikes up and distributed them in the local church, then celebrated with Syrian food prepared by the refugees families.
"They could not have been happier," says Mr McCluskey. "It was humbling and joyful to watch."
Shirin's children are still learning to ride the bikes properly - but rely on their father for lessons.
"It's not familiar in Syria for girls to riding a bike. Some know, but I don't know. I try to practise, and the kids try to practise. Only my husband is really good."

II. FILL IN THE BLANKS : in this text, a few words (10) have been deleted… Can you try to guess the missing words… (Of course, there are several «right possibilities»… Yet, you’re required to choose the most satisfactory ones, fitting the situation and tone of the text.)

Many refugees cannot go home because of continued , … (1) and persecution. Many also live in perilous situations or have specific needs that cannot be addressed in the country where they have … (2) protection. In such circumstances, UNHCR helps (3)… refugees to a third country.
Resettlement is the transfer of refugees from an (4) … country to another State that has agreed to admit them and ultimately grant them permanent settlement. It is one of the three durable solutions.
Resettlement States (5) … the refugee with legal and physical... (6), including access to civil, political, economic, social and cultural … (7) similar to those enjoyed by nationals.
Resettlement is a life-changing experience. It is both challenging and rewarding. Refugees are often resettled to a country where the society, language and culture are completely… (8) and new to them.
Providing for their effective reception and … (9) is beneficial for both the resettled refugee and the… (10) country. Governments and non-governmental organization partners provide services to facilitate integration, such as cultural orientation, language and vocational training, as well as programmes to promote access to education and employment.

A lot of work, I must admit... I give you THE FORCE, so that you can give me YOUR VERY BEST, as usual!

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 27-08-2019 08:26
Date modifiée

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de taiji43, postée le 14-08-2019 à 15:00:52 (S | E)
Hello,
As we were children: we wanted the holiday notebook but very often it remained unfinished... Are we more serious now ???👨‍🎓

Thank you a lot for your correction of my correction

READY TO BE CORRECTED

REFUGEE families in Aberdeenshire say second-hand bikes have MADE a huge difference as they try to settle into their new LIVES

most OF refugees can’t buy cars. There are 10 families here. They don't have cars and if you want to go anywhere it will be expensive. The school is like AN half hour’s walk."

Shirin, her husband and their two young children arrived( earlier YEAR or IN THE YEAR +plutôt dans l'année) as beneficiaries of the Syrian REFUGEE Resettlement Programme. In the garden of their home, Shirin is happy as she watches her children play with the bikes given to them by Bikes for Refugees.

"This is the best feeling EVER" she says. "You know your kids will be OK. They will GROW UP, They will study. It's great."

As well as THE Kennedy, who changed their name when they arrived in Scotland, bikes were provided FOR to three other newly relocated refugee families. (provide something For Somebody)

The donations have MADE a positive impact on the community.
"All the families, especially the men - if they're not going to school , they go and have a bike ride. They ride THEIR bikes together around the town to know the city more. It makes them CLOSER.

One of the man lives really far away and it's hard for him to go to the shop and get the food. Now he goes on the bike, ( on = en vélo OK) and it is easier.

In February, Shirin's family arrived in Scotland. They FLED the Syrian civil war in 2012, and spent the seven following years in camps in NEIBOURHOOD OF Lebanon
"Even today, I can't speak about what we've been THROUGH.( have been through = en voir de dure) It was so hard," she says.

That is one of the REASONS why they wanted a new name. They had bad experiments at home, they had bad experiments in Lebanon and wanted to feel like new people.

They're trying to integrate TO the society here but can't say it's easy. Everyone’s trying to explain the different culture but it's still hard. "I keep telling them 'this is a totally different planet FROM Syria'. Really and totally different.
"
Alongside getting used to UK systems -"the paperwork, it never ends" - the Kennedy and other refugees

Through social media, Shirin came across the page of Bikes for Refugees. Since it has been found in 2017, the Edinburgh-based group has distributed over 650 donated bikes to REFUGEE families across Scotland.

"We know how a simple thing as a bike can be transformational, giving people freedom of movement and enjoyment. It also sends out an important message of solidarity and says to people - you are welcome here," says the group's fonder.

The charity did not have volunteers or donors in the area, so it launched a special fundraising(collecte/ levée de fonds) CALL(appel) to gather enough bikes for the families.

"They did it. They promised and they did it," Shirin says. "They SENT 18 bikes, what was a dream, so every MEMBER of the new families has a bike."

Two volunteers drove the bikes up and distributed them in the local church, then celebrated with Syrian food prepared by the REFUGEE families.

"They could not have been happier," says Mr McCluskey. "It was humbling( humilité) OK) and joyful to watch."
Shirin's children are still learning to ride THEIR bikes ???properly - but rely on their father for lessons.

21 fautes dont des répétitions de refugee et made

II. FILL IN THE BLANKS
READY TO BE CORRECTED
Many refugees cannot go home because of continued , WARS … (1) and persecution. Many also live in perilous situations or have specific needs that cannot be addressed in the country where they have ASKED… (2) protection. In such circumstances, UNHCR helps (3) SEEKER… refugees to a third country.
Resettlement is the transfer of refugees from an (4) REFUGE… country to another State that has agreed to admit them and ultimately grant them permanent settlement. It is one of the three durable solutions.
Resettlement States (5) PROVIDE… the refugee with legal and physical POSSIBILITIES. (6), including access to civil, political, economic, social and cultural RIGHTS… (7) similar to those enjoyed by nationals.
Resettlement is a life-changing experience. It is both challenging and rewarding. Refugees are often resettled to a country where the society, language and culture are completely UNKNOWN… (8) and new to them.
Providing for their effective reception and ADAPTATION… (9) is beneficial for both the resettled refugee and the…WELCOMING (10) country. Governments and non-governmental organization partners provide services to facilitate integration, such as cultural orientation, language and vocational training, as well as programmes to promote access to education and employment.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de alpiem, postée le 16-08-2019 à 09:47:02 (S | E)
THIS ISSUE IS THE GOOD ONE READY FOR CORRECTION

hello,here4u,poised to do the best! Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52

Refugees families in Aberdeenshire say second-hand bikes have done a huge difference as they try to settle into their new life.

"MOST OF the refugees can't buy cars.There are ten famillies here.They don't have cars and if you want to go anywhere it will be expensive . The school is LIKE HALF AN HOUR'S walk.

Shirin,her husband and their two young children arrived earlier this year as beneficiaries of the Syrian refugees resettlement PROGRAM. In the garden of their home, Shirin is happy as she watches her children play with the bikes given to them by Bikes For Refugees.

"This is the best feeling EVER, she says. "You know your kids will be OK.They will GROW. They will study.It's great".
As well as to the KennedyS who changed their name when they arrived in Scotland, bikes were provided to three other newly relocated refugeeS families. The donations have done a positive impact on the community.

"All the families, especially the men-if they are not going to school they go and have a bike ride. They ride the bikes together around the town to know MORE ABOUT THE CITY. It makes them ()closer. One of the
mEn lives really far away and it's hard for him to go to the shop and get the food. Now he goes on the bike, and it's easier.
In February, Shirin's family arrived in scotland.They FLED the Syrian civil war in 2012 and spent the following seven years in camps in neighbourING Lebanon."Even today, I can't speek about what we've been THROUGH. It was so hard", she says.
That is one of the reasonS why they wanted a new name.They had bad EXPERIENCES at home,they had bad experiences in Lebanon and wanted to feel like knew people .
They are trying to integrate the society here but can't say it's easy. Everyone's trying to UNDERSTAND the different culture but it's still hard."I keep telling them 'this is a different planet FROM Syria.Really and totally different.
Alongside getting used to UK system-"the paperwork()never ends"-the KennedyS and other refugees famillies HAVE been dealing with a lack of transporTATION.
Through social media, Shirin came across the pages of Bikes for Refugees.Since it has been found in 2017
the Edinburg- based group has distributed over 650 donated bikes to refugees families across Scotland.
"We know how a simple thing LIKE a bike can be transformational giving people freedom of movement and enjoyment. It also sends out an important message of solidarity and says to people-you are welcome here, says the group's founder. The charity did not have volunteers or doners in the earia, so it launched a special fundraising appeal to gather enough bikes for the families.
"They did it.They promised and they did it," Shirin says."They SENT 18 bikes, THAT was a dream,so every MEMBER of the new families has a bike.
Two volunteers drove the bikes up and distributed them in the local church, then celebrated with Syrian food prepared by the refugees families.
"They could not have been happier"says MrMcCluskey."It was humbling and joyful to watch."Shirin's chidren are still learning to ride the bikes properly-but rely on their father for lessons.
"It's not familiar in Syria for girls to RIDE a bike. A few know,but I don't know.I try to practise,and the kids try to practise.Only my husband is really good".

II. FILL IN THE BLANKS : in this text, a few words (10) have been deleted? Can you try to guess the missing words? (Of course, there are several «right possibilities»? Yet, you're required to choose the most satisfactory ones, fitting the situation and tone of the text.)

Many refugees cannot go home because of continued POVERTY, ? (1) and persecution. Many also live in perilous situations or have specific needs that cannot be addressed in the country where they have SOUGHT ? (2) protection. In such circumstances, UNHCR helps A GREAT NUMBER OF(3)? refugees to a third country.
Resettlement is the transfer of refugees from an HOST(4) ? country to another State that has agreed to admit them and ultimately grant them permanent settlement. It is one of the three durable solutions.
Resettlement States PROVIDE(5) ? the refugees with legal and physical ACCOMMODATION.. (6), including access to civil, political, economic, social and cultural TOPICS? (7) similar to those enjoyed by nationals.
Resettlement is a life-changing experience. It is both challenging and rewarding. Refugees are often resettled to a country where the society, language and culture are completely?ALIEN (8) and new to them.
Providing for their effective reception and WELLFARE? (9) is beneficial for both the resettled refugee and the NEW (10) country?. Governments and non-governmental organization partners provide services to facilitate integration, such as cultural orientation, language and vocational training, as well as programmes to promote access to education and employment.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de maxwell, postée le 17-08-2019 à 12:12:49 (S | E)
READY TO BE CORRECTED

Hello Here4U
Indeed, that was long enough! Phew! But as interesting as ever!
I Help my student:
REFUGEE families in Aberdeenshire say second-hand bikes have MADE a huge difference as they try to settle into their new life.
"MOST refugees can’t buy cars. There are 10 families here. They don't have cars and if you want to go anywhere it will be expensive. [] School is A half-AN-HOUR walk."
Shirin, her husband and their two young children arrived earlier this year as beneficiaries of the Syrian REFUGEE Resettlement Programme.
In the garden of their home, Shirin is happy as she watches her children play with the bikes given to them by Bikes For Refugees.
"This is the best feeling EVER," she says. "You know your kids will be OK. They will GROW UP. They will study. It's great."
JUST LIKE the KENNEDYS, who changed their name when they arrived in Scotland, bikes were provided to three other newly relocated refugee families. The donations have MADE a positive impact on the community.
"All the families, especially [] men - if they're not going to school [- ] go and have a bike ride. They ride THEIR bikes together around [] town to know the city BETTER.
It makes them FEEL closer.
One of the MEN lives really far away and it's hard for him to go to the shop and get [] food.
Now he['S GOING BY] bike, and it is easier.
In February, Shirin's family arrived in Scotland. They FLED the Syrian civil war in 2012, and spent the seven following years in camps in NEIGHBOURING Lebanon.
"Even today, I can't speak about what we've been THROUGH. It was so hard," she says.
That is one of the REASONS why they wanted a new name. They had bad experiments at home, they had bad experiments in Lebanon and wanted to feel like new people.
They're trying to integrate INTO society here but can't say it's easy.
Everyone’s trying to explain THEIR different culture but it's still hard. "I keep telling them 'this is a totally different planet FROM Syria'. Really and totally different."
WHILE getting used to UK systems -"the paperwork, it never ends" - the KENNEDYS and other REFUGEE families had been dealing with a lack of transport.
Through social media, Shirin came across the page of Bikes for Refugees. Since it WAS FOUNDED in 2017, the Edinburgh-based group has distributed over 650 donated bikes to REFUGEE families across Scotland.
"We know how a simple thing LIKE a bike can be transformational [,] giving people freedom of movement and enjoyment. It also sends out an important message of solidarity and says to people - you are welcome here," says the group's FOUNDER.
The charity did not have volunteers or donors in the area, so it launched a special fundraising appeal to gather enough bikes for the families.
"They did it. They promised and they did it," Shirin says. "They'VE SENT 18 bikes, WHICH was a dream, so THAT every MEMBER of the new families has a bike."
Two volunteers drove the bikes up and distributed them in the local church, then celebrated with Syrian food prepared by the REFUGEE families.
"They could not have been happier," says Mr McCluskey. "It was humbling and joyful to watch."
Shirin's children are still learning to ride the bikes properly - but rely on their father for lessons.
"It's not familiar in Syria for girls to RIDE a bike. Some know, but I don't []. I try to practise, and the kids try to practise. Only my husband is really good."

II. FILL IN THE BLANKS :

Many refugees cannot go home because of continued MARTYRDOM and persecution.
Many also live in perilous situations or have specific needs that cannot be addressed in the country where they have LITTLE protection.
In such circumstances, UNHCR helps RESETTLE refugees to a third country.
Resettlement is the transfer of refugees from an OVERSEAS country to another State that has agreed to admit them and ultimately grant them permanent settlement. It is one of the three durable solutions.
Resettlement States PROVIDE the refugee with legal and physical SUPPORT, including access to civil, political, economic, social and cultural RIGHTS similar to those enjoyed by nationals.
Resettlement is a life-changing experience. It is both challenging and rewarding. Refugees are often resettled to a country where the society, language and culture are completely DIFFERENT and new to them.
Providing for their effective reception and CARE is beneficial for both the resettled refugee and the RESETTLEMENT country. Governments and non-governmental organization partners provide services to facilitate integration, such as cultural orientation, language and vocational training, as well as programmes to promote access to education and employment.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de alpiem, postée le 20-08-2019 à 19:35:01 (S | E)
hello,here4u,poised to do the best! Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52

"MOST OF the refugees can't buy cars.There are ten famillies here.They don't have cars and if you want to go anywhere it will be expensive . The school is LIKE HALF AN HOUR'S walk.

Shirin,her husband and their two young children arrived earlier this year as beneficiaries of the Syrian refugees resettlement PROGRAM. In the garden of their home, Shirin is happy as she watches her children play with the bikes given to them by Bikes For Refugees.

"This is the best feeling EVER, she says. "You know your kids will be OK.They will GROW. They will study.It's great".
As well as to the KennedyS who changed their name when they arrived in Scotland, bikes were provided to three other newly relocated refugeeS families. The donations have done a positive impact on the community.

"All the families, especially the men-if they are not going to school they go and have a bike ride. They ride the bikes together around the town to know MORE ABOUT THE CITY. It makes them ()closer. One of the
mEn lives really far away and it's hard for him to go to the shop and get the food. Now he goes on the bike, and it's easier.
In February, Shirin's family arrived in scotland.They FLED the Syrian civil war in 2012 and spent the following seven years in camps in neighbourING Lebanon."Even today, I can't speek about what we've been THROUGH. It was so hard", she says.
That is one of the reasonS why they wanted a new name.They had bad EXPERIENCES at home,they had bad experiences in Lebanon and wanted to feel like knew people.
They are trying to integrate the society here but can't say it's easy. Everyone

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de alpiem, postée le 21-08-2019 à 15:40:32 (S | E)
hello,here4u,poised to do the best! Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 READY FOR CORRECTION

That is one of the reasonS why they wanted a new name.They had bad EXPERIENCES at home,they had bad experiences in Lebanon and wanted to feel like knew people .
They are trying to integrate the society here but can't say it's easy. Everyone's trying to UNDERSTAND the different culture but it's still hard."I keep telling them 'this is a different planet FROM Syria.Really and totally different.
Alongside getting used to UK system-"the paperwork()never ends"-the KennedyS and other refugees famillies HAVE been dealing with a lack of transporTATION.
Through social media, Shirin came across the pages of Bikes for Refugees.Since it has been found in 2017
the Edinburg- based group has distributed over 650 donated bikes to refugees families across Scotland.
"We know how a simple thing LIKE a bike can be transformational giving people freedom of movement and enjoyment. It also sends out an important message of solidarity and says to people-you are welcome here, says the group's founder. The charity did not have volunteers or doners in the earia, so it launched a special fundraising appeal to gather enough bikes for the families.
"They did it.They promised and they did it," Shirin says."They SENT 18 bikes, THAT was a dream,so every MEMBER of the new families has a bike.
"They could not have been happier"says MrMcCluskey."It was humbling and joyful to watch."Shirin's chidren are still learning to ride the bikes properly-but rely on their father for lessons.
"It's not familiar in Syria for girls to RIDE a bike. A few know,but I don't know.I try to practise,and the kids try to practise.Only my husband is really good".

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de magie8, postée le 22-08-2019 à 01:43:37 (S | E)
Bonjour BON à CORRIGER

II. FILL IN THE BLANKS : in this text, a few words (10) have been deleted… Can you try to guess the missing words… (Of course, there are several «right possibilities»… Yet, you’re required to choose the most satisfactory ones, fitting the situation and tone of the text.)

Many refugees cannot go home because of continued ,WARS … (1) and persecution. Many also live in perilous situations or have specific needs that cannot be addressed in the country where they have SOUGHT (2) protection. In such circumstances, UNHCR helps (3)… RESETTLE refugees to a third country.
Resettlement is the transfer of refugees from an (4) ASYLUM country to another State that has agreed to admit them and ultimately grant them permanent settlement. It is one of the three durable solutions.
Resettlement States (5)PROVIDE the refugee with legal and physical PROTECTION (6), including access to civil, political, economic, social and cultural … RIGHTS(7) similar to those enjoyed by nationals.
Resettlement is a life-changing experience. It is both challenging and rewarding. Refugees are often resettled to a country where the society, language and culture are completely STRANGER (8) and new to them.
Providing for their effective reception and INTEGRATION… (9) is beneficial for both the resettled refugee and the RECEIVING… (10) country. Governments and non-governmental organization partners provide services to facilitate integration, such as cultural orientation, language and vocational training, as well as programmes to promote access to education and employment.

A lot of work, I must admit... I give you THE FORCE, so that you can give me YOUR VERY BEST, as usual!

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de icare29, postée le 23-08-2019 à 10:27:14 (S | E)
Hello Here4u, and all hard worKers , here is my work OK FOR CORRECTION .

REFUGEE families in Aberdeenshire say second-hand bikes have MADE a huge difference as they try to settle into their new LIVES

" MOST OF THE refugees can't buy cars. There are 10 families here. They don't have cars and if THEY want to go anywhere it will be expensive. The school is half an hour walk."

Shirin, her husband and their two young children arrived earlier this year as beneficiaries of the Syrian REFUGEE Resettlement programme. In the garden of their home, Shirin is happy as she watches her children PLAYING with the bikes given to them by Bikes For Refugees.

"This is the best feeling EVER," she says. "You know your kids will be OK. They will GROW UP. They will study. It's great."

AS the KENNEDYS, who changed their name when they arrived in Scotland, bikes were provided FOR three other newly relocated refugee families. The donations have MADE a positive impact on the community.

"All the MEMBERS OF families, especially the men - if they're not going to school they go and have a bike ride- ride THEIR bikes together ALL around the town to know the city BETTER. It makes them CLOSE TO . One of the MEN REALLY lives far away and it's hard for him to go SHOPPING and get the food. Now he goes on HIS bike, and it is easier.

In February, Shirin's family arrived in Scotland. They FLED the Syrian civil war in 2012, and spent the following SEVEN years INSIDE camps in NEIGHBOURHOOD 'S Lebanon.
"Even today, I can't speak about what we've been THROUGH. It was so hard," she says.

That is one of the REASONS why they wanted a new name. They had bad EXPERIENCES at home, they had bad EXPERIENCES in Lebanon and wanted to feel like new people.

They're trying to integrate the society here but can't say it's easy. Everyone's trying to explain THEIR DIFFERENCES OF CULTUR but it's still hard. "I keep telling them 'this is a totally different planet FROM Syria'. Really and totally different."

Alongside OF getting used to UK systems -"the paperwork, it never ends" - the KENNEDYS and other refugees families had been dealing with a lack of transport.

Through social media, Shirin came across the page of Bikes for Refugees. Since it has been found in 2017, the Edinburgh-based group has distributed over 650 donated bikes to refugees families across Scotland.

"We know how a simple thing LIKE a bike can be transformational giving people freedom of movement and enjoyment. It also sends out an important message of solidarity and says to people - you are welcome here," says the group's FOUNDER. The charity did not have volunteers or donors in the area, so it launched a special fundraising appeal to gather enough bikes for the families.

"They did it. They promised and they did it," Shirin says. "They SEND 18 bikes, WHICH WERE a dream, so EACH MEMBER of the new families has a bike."

"It's not familiar in Syria for girls to RIDE a bike. Some know, but I don't know. I try PRACTISING, and the kids try PRACTISING. Only my husband is really good AT ."

II. FILL IN THE BLANKS :

Many refugees cannot go home because of continued BOMBARDMENTS (1) and persecution. Many also live in perilous situations or have specific needs that cannot be addressed in the country where they have ASKED FOR (2) protection. In such circumstances, UNHCR helps TO RESETTLE refugees to a third country.
Resettlement is the transfer of refugees from an RAVAGED country to another State that has agreed to admit them and ultimately grant them permanent settlement. It is one of the three durable solutions.
Resettlement States WELCOME ? the refugee with legal and physical.POLITICL ASYLUM. (6), including access to civil, political, economic, social and cultural RIGHTS (7) similar to those enjoyed by nationals.
Resettlement is a life-changing experience. It is both challenging and rewarding. Refugees are often resettled to a country where the society, language and culture are completely OPPOSED (8) and new to them.
Providing for their effective reception and INTEGRATION (9) is beneficial for both the resettled refugee and the WELCOMING (10) country. Governments and non-governmental organization partners provide services to facilitate integration, such as cultural orientation, language and vocational training, as well as programmes to promote access to education and employment..

Dear here4u thanks a lot for your new exercise

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de joe39, postée le 24-08-2019 à 17:28:53 (S | E)
Hello, dear here4u,
Please receive my try,
Ready to be checked.
I found more than 20 mistakes, so that I didn’t give any number to them.

Please, help my student! Ce texte contient 20 fautes à corriger ! (en majuscules ! et il y en a vraiment au moins 20, cette fois !)) (les fautes répétées ne comptent, bien sûr, qu’une fois … )
This text contains many mistakes... (to be corrected!)

REFUGEE families in Aberdeenshire say second-hand bikes have MADE a huge difference as they try to settle into their new life.
MOST refugees can’t buy cars. There are10 families here. They don't have cars and if you want to go anywhere it will be expensive. The school is like half AN hour’s walk."
Shirin, her husband and their two young children arrived earlier this year as beneficiaries of the Syrian Refugees Resettlement Programme In the garden of their home, Shirin is happy as she watches her children play with the bikes given to them by Bikes For Refugees.
As well as to the KENNEDYS, who changed their name when they arrived in Scotland, bikes were provided to three other newly relocated refugee families. The donations have done a positive impact on the community.
"All the families, especially the men - if they're not going to school they go and have a bike ride. They ride the bikes together around the town to know the city more. It makes them CLOSER. One of the MEN lives really far away and it's hard for him to go to the shop and get the food. Now he goes THERE BIKING, and it is easier.
In February, Shirin's family arrived in Scotland. They FLED the Syrian civil war in 2012, and spent the seven following years in camps NEIGHBOURING Lebanon.
That is one of the REASONS why they wanted a new name. They had bad EXPERIENCES at home, they had bad EXPERIENCES in Lebanon and wanted to feel like new people.
They're trying to integrate INTO the society here but can't say THAT it's easy. Everyone’s trying to explain the different culture but it's still hard. "I keep telling them 'this is a totally different planet to Syria'. Really and totally different."
BESIDES getting used to UK systems -"the paperwork, it never ends" - the Kennedy and other REFUGEE families had been dealing with a lack of PUBLIC transport.
Through social media, Shirin came across the page of Bikes for Refugees. Since it has been found in 2017, the Edinburgh-based group has distributed over 650 donated bikes to REFUGEE families across Scotland.

"We know how a simple thing LIKE a bike can be transformational giving people freedom of movement and enjoyment. It also sends out an important message of solidarity and says to people - you are welcome here," says the group's FOUNDER. The charity did not have volunteers or donors in the area, so it launched a special fundraising appeal to gather enough bikes for the families.
"They did it. They promised and they did it," Shirin says. "They SENT 18 bikes, what was a dream, so every members of the new families has GOT a bike."
"It's not familiar in Syria for girls to RIDE a bike. Some know, but I don't know. I try to practise, and the kids try to practise. Only my husband is really good AT CYCLING.

Many refugees cannot go home because of continued , WARFARE… (1) and persecution. Many also live in perilous situations or have specific needs that cannot be addressed in the country where they have SOUGHT (2) protection. In such circumstances, UNHCR helps (3)TO RESETTLE refugees to a third country.
Resettlement is the transfer of refugees from an (4)ASYLUM country to another State that has agreed to admit them and ultimately grant them permanent settlement. It is one of the three durable solutions.
Resettlement States (5) PROVIDE the refugee with legal and physical PROTECTION.. (6), including access to civil, political, economic, social and cultural RIGHTS… (7) similar to those enjoyed by nationals.
Resettlement is a life-changing experience. It is both challenging and rewarding. Refugees are often resettled to a country where the society, language and culture are completely DIFFERENT(8) and new to them.
Providing for their effective reception and INTEGRATION (9) is beneficial for both the resettled refugee and the RECEIVING(10) country. Governments and non-governmental organization partners provide services to facilitate integration, such as cultural orientation, language and vocational training, as well as programmes to promote access to education and employment.

Thanking for the nice exercise, I wish you, dear friend, a pleasant Sunday.

So long.
Joe39

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de chocolatcitron, postée le 26-08-2019 à 14:55:30 (S | E)
Hello Here4u! Merci pour ce très long travail.
Hi Everybody!

Je prendrai juste la traduction de la première partie du texte I, quelles qu'en soient les limites ! FINISHED !

Here is my work:

I.Please, help my student! Ce texte contient 20 fautes à corriger !

REFUGEE (adj) families in Aberdeenshire say second-hand bikes have MADE a huge difference as they try to settle into their new LIVES.
"The most refugees can’t buy cars; There are 10 families here. They don't have cars and if you want to go anywhere it will be expensive. The school is like half AN hour’s WALKING."
Shirin, her husband and their two young children arrived earlier this year as beneficiaries of the Syrian REFUGEE Resettlement Programme. In the garden of their home, Shirin is happy as she watches her children play with the bikes given to them by Bikes For Refugees.
"This is the best feeling EVER (>0)," she says. "You know your kids will be OK. They will GROW UP. They will HAVE study. It's great."
As well as to the KENNEDYS, who changed their name when they arrived in Scotland, bikes were provided to three other newly relocated refugee families. The donations have MADE a positive impact on the community.
"All the families, especially the men - if they're not going to school they go and have a bike ride. They ride the bikes together around the town to know the city more. It makes them closer. One of the MEN lives really far away and it's hard for him to go to the shop and get the food. Now he goes on the bike, and it is easier.
In February, Shirin's family arrived in Scotland. They FLED the Syrian civil war in 2012, and spent the FOLLOWING SEVEN YEARS in camps in NEIGHBOURING Lebanon.
"Even today, I can't speak about what we've GONE THROUGH (traversé). It was so hard," she says.
That is one of the REASONS why they wanted a new name. They had bad EXPERIENCES at home, they had bad EXPERIENCES in Lebanon and WANT to feel like new people.
They're trying to integrate TO the society here but can't say it's easy. Everyone’s trying to explain the different culture but it's still hard. "I keep telling them 'this is a totally different planet to Syria'. Really and totally different."
Alongside getting used to UK systems -"the paperwork, it never ends" - the Kennedy and other REFUGEE families had been dealing with a lack of transport.
Through social media, Shirin came across the page of Bikes for Refugees. Since it has been founded in 2017, the Edinburgh-based group has distributed over 650 donated bikes to REFUGEE families across Scotland.
"We know how a simple thing as a bike can be transformational giving people freedom of movement and enjoyment. It also sends out an important message of solidarity and says to people - you are welcome here," says the group's FOUNDER. The charity did not have volunteers or donors in the area, so it launched a special fundraising appeal to gather enough bikes for the families.
"They did it. They promised and they did it," Shirin says. "They send 18 bikes, WHICH was a dream, so every members of the new families has a bike."
"It's not familiar in Syria for girls to RIDE a bike. Some know, but I don't know. I try to practise, and the kids try to practise. Only my husband is really good AT."

Many refugees cannot go home because of continued , WARS (1) and persecution. Many also live in perilous situations or have specific needs that cannot be addressed in the country where they have GOT (2) protection. In such circumstances, UNHCR helps (3)THOSE refugees to a third country.
Resettlement is the transfer of refugees from an (4) OCCUPED country to another State that has agreed to admit them and ultimately grant them permanent settlement. It is one of the three durable solutions.
Resettlement States (5)GIVE the refugee with legal and physical RIGHTS. (6), including access to civil, political, economic, social and cultural MEANS (7) similar to those enjoyed by nationals.
Resettlement is a life-changing experience. It is both challenging and rewarding. Refugees are often resettled to a country where the society, language and culture are completely UNKNOWN (8) and new to them.
Providing for their effective reception and LIFE (9) is beneficial for both the resettled refugee and the NEW (10) country. Governments and non-governmental organization partners provide services to facilitate integration, such as cultural orientation, language and vocational training, as well as programmes to promote access to education and employment.

See you soon.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de here4u, postée le 26-08-2019 à 21:31:17 (S | E)
Hello!

Les vacances ont encore frappé ... Je ne sais pas si vous l'avez remarqué, mais je me suis trompée dans la date ... Il n'y a pas de mardi 28 août, mais bien un mercredi 28 ... Il reste donc encore du temps à vous qui souhaitez poster un morceau de ce devoir ... Je vous attends !

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de magie8, postée le 27-08-2019 à 03:14:09 (S | E)
bonjour,
je pourrais faire la traduction de l'ex.fill in the blanks si nécessaire.
Courage à tous
magie8

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de maxwell, postée le 27-08-2019 à 08:38:22 (S | E)
Hello!
Pour la correction, je pourrai prendre la suite du texte Help my student! par exemple (puisque je vois que Choco prend la 1ère partie)

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de jbg83, postée le 28-08-2019 à 13:40:14 (S | E)
Hello !
I'll try, but I find it difficult for my level.

Many refugees cannot go home because of continued POVERTY (1) and persecution. Many also live in perilous situations or have specific needs that cannot be addressed in the country where they have NO (2) protection. In such circumstances, UNHCR helps (3)…THOSE refugees to a third country.
Resettlement is the transfer of refugees from an (4) OCCUPED… country to another State that has agreed to admit them and ultimately grant them permanent settlement. It is one of the three durable solutions.
Resettlement States (5) OFFER… the refugee with legal and physical.RIGHTS.. (6), including access to civil, political, economic, social and cultural …AS (7) similar to those enjoyed by nationals.
Resettlement is a life-changing experience. It is both challenging and rewarding. Refugees are often resettled to a country where the society, language and culture are completely…DIFFERENT (8) and new to them.
Providing for their effective reception and …HELP (9) is beneficial for both the resettled refugee and the…WELCOME (10) country. Governments and non-governmental organization partners provide services to facilitate integration, such as cultural orientation, language and vocational training, as well as programmes to promote access to education and employment.

Thanks.
So long.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de here4u, postée le 28-08-2019 à 16:27:13 (S | E)
Hello jbg83! on this thread...

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de here4u, postée le 28-08-2019 à 23:33:08 (S | E)
Hello Dears,

Yes, sorry… I knew it, it WAS long… and when working on it, I found the document much «longer» than planned… Expecting your work during your holidays and those terrible heat waves we’ve all been through was «a little» hard on you… I’m sorry, and will try not to do it again…
You did work a lot, anyway… and I thank you for it… You’ve found most of the mistakes my «poor Student» had left, and though I messed up with days and dates, here we are today with this document.
Once again, I’ll need VOLUNTEERS for the follow-up work. I’ve seen that some of you have already taken a part of it before the correct texts are out… Congrats and thanks for your motivation and eagerness to work…

I.Please, help my student! Ce texte contient 20 fautes à corriger ! (en majuscules ! et il y en a vraiment au moins 20, cette fois !)) (les fautes répétées ne comptent, bien sûr, qu’une fois … )
This text contains many mistakes... ( to be corrected!)

Refugee families (1) in Aberdeenshire say second-hand bikes have made (2) a huge difference as they try to settle into their new life (3).
"Most of the refugees (4) can’t buy cars. There are 10 families here. They don't have cars and if you want to go anywhere it will be expensive. The school is like half an hour’s (5) walk."
Shirin, her husband and their two young children arrived earlier this year as beneficiaries of the Syrian Refugee Resettlement Programme. In the garden of their home, Shirin is happy as she watches her children play with the bikes given to them by Bikes For Refugees.
"This is the best feeling ever,"(6) she says. "You know your kids will be OK. They will grow up (7). They will study. It's great."
As well as to the Kennedys (8), who changed their name when they arrived in Scotland, bikes were provided to three other newly relocated refugee families. The donations have made (9) a positive impact on the community. /// End of Part 1///
"All the families, especially the men - if they're not going to school they go and have a bike ride. They ride the bikes together around the town to know the city more. It makes them closer"(10) "One of the men lives (11) really far away and it's hard for him to go to the shop and get the food. Now he goes on the bike, and it is easier."
In February, Shirin's family arrived in Scotland. They fled (12) the Syrian civil war in 2012, and spent the seven following years in camps in neighbouring (13) Lebanon.
"Even today, I can't speak about what we've been through (14). It was so hard," she says.
That is one of the reasons why they wanted a new name. They had bad experiences (15) at home, they had bad experiences in Lebanon and wanted to feel like new people. ///End of Part 2///
They're trying to integrate the society here but can't say it's easy. Everyone’s trying to explain the different culture but it's still hard. "I keep telling them 'this is a totally different planet to Syria'. Really and totally different."
Alongside getting used to UK systems -"the paperwork, it never ends" - the Kennedys and other refugee families had been dealing with a lack of transport.
Through social media, Shirin came across the page of Bikes for Refugees. Since it was founded (16) in 2017, the Edinburgh-based group has distributed over 650 donated bikes to refugee families across Scotland.
"We know how a simple thing as a bike can be transformational giving people freedom of movement and enjoyment. It also sends out an important message of solidarity and says to people - you are welcome here," says the group's founder (17). The charity did not have volunteers or donors in the area, so it launched a special fundraising appeal to gather enough bikes for the families. ///End of Part 3///
"They did it. They promised and they did it," Shirin says. "They send 18 bikes, which (18) was a dream, so every member (19) of the new families has a bike."
Two volunteers drove the bikes up and distributed them in the local church, then celebrated with Syrian food prepared by the refugee families.
"It's not familiar in Syria for girls to ride(20) a bike. Some know, but I don't know. I try to practise, and the kids try to practise. Only my husband is really good." ///4End of extract///

(1) Refugee families= nom composé : le premier nom doit rester invariable. (Cette faute était répétée plusieurs fois.)
(2) To MAKE a difference (à retenir)
(3) Chacun a une vie, bien sûr, et le pluriel concret se défend … cependant, il s’agit d’une vie, d’un MODE DE VIE unique (assimilation et intégration).
(4) "Most of the refugees » est la formule exacte. « Most refugees » est également satisfaisant et signifie la même chose. Ne pas placer l’article à un autre endroit.
(5) half an hour’s walk.= le « cas possessif » (génitif) de durée. Le nom composé : « a half-an-hour walk » était également une excellente solution.
(6) the best feeling ever : le superlatif était employé à bon escient, mais « never » (sens négatif) ne convenait pas …Il fallait mettre la valeur « positive » de « never » qui est « ever ».
(7) to grow up= grandir => to grow, I grew, grown.
(8) the Kennedys= un nom propre qui représente une famille. En anglais, les noms de famille prennent la marque du pluriel lorsque l’on parle de plusieurs des membres de cette famille.
(9) To HAVE/ MAKE an impact on
(10) Close= near ; the comparative form of the adjective= closer.
(11) One of the men lives = l’un des hommes vit ; l’un des hommes = du singulier, bien sûr – et le verbe sera au singulier, mais l’un DES hommes : le nom « hommes » doit, lui, être au pluriel. One of the books/ one of the cities/ one of the men… ATT, fautes fréquente pour les Francophones…
(12) To flee, I fled, fled= run away
(13) neighbouring Lebanon= le Liban voisin.
(14) To go through an event = vivre un événement, traverser, supporter une épreuve.
(15) Encore bien différencier « experience » et « experiment ». Lien internet
Je pense qu’il vous faut encore travailler cette distinction qui ne semble pas très bien assimilée.
(16) Since it was founded in 2017 : le moment du passé est daté et révolu. Il fallait un prétérit (qui ici était à la forme passive. Attention aussi à la « double faute » … Confusion entre to find, I found, found = trouver et to found=> founded= fonder (le nom= a founder)
(17) qui donnera le nom : fondateur= a founder. (Attention, to be fond of= to like)
(18), which = ce qui, ce que.
(19) every member : every + singulier
(20) It's not familiar in Syria for girls to ride= proposition infinitive derrière toutes les formes impersonnelles … it’s easy for him… to …/ it’s difficult for me… to …

II. FILL IN THE BLANKS: in this text, a few words (10) have been deleted… Can you try to guess the missing words… (Of course, there are several «right possibilities»… Yet, you’re required to choose the most satisfactory ones, fitting the situation and tone of the text.)

Many refugees cannot go home because of continued conflict, wars,(1) and persecution. Many also live in perilous situations or have specific needs that cannot be addressed in the country where they have sought (2) protection. In such circumstances, UNHCR helps resettle (3) refugees to a third country.
Resettlement is the transfer of refugees from an asylum (4) country to another State that has agreed to admit them and ultimately grant them permanent settlement. It is one of the three durable solutions.
Resettlement States provide (5) the refugee with legal and physical protection(6), including access to civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights (7) similar to those enjoyed by nationals. ///End of Part 1///
Resettlement is a life-changing experience. It is both challenging and rewarding. Refugees are often resettled to a country where the society, language and culture are completely different (8) and new to them.
Providing for their effective reception and integration (9) is beneficial for both the resettled refugee and the receiving (10) country. Governments and non-governmental organization partners provide services to facilitate integration, such as cultural orientation, language and vocational training, as well as programmes to promote access to education and employment. ///End of Text///

(2) = to seek (sought, sought) protection.
(3) le déterminant (article indéfini «an») vous prouvait bien que le mot cherché commençait par un son voyelle.
(5) to provide somebody with something = fournir quelque chose à quelqu’un
* retenir : to be new TO someone

Volontaires, vous avez plusieurs jours pour faire le travail proposé ... (je suis, pour le moment, très occupée par le 162, le corrigé et le 163. Encore plusieurs transferts, surtout ...

Merci encore à tous les travailleurs de cet exercice délicat ... Bravo pour vos trouvailles ... (une fois encore, chacun a donné "the best possible work")!

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de magie8, postée le 29-08-2019 à 00:44:15 (S | E)
bonjour voici ma traduction

Beaucoup de réfugiés ne peuvent pas rentrer chez eux à cause des guerres et persécutions qui continuent.Beaucoup vivent aussi des situations périlleuses ou ont des besoins spécifiques qui ne peuvent pas être pris en charge par les pays auxquels ils ont demandé une protection.Dans de telles circonstances UNHCR (HCR) les aide à se réinstaller dans un pays tiers.
La réinstallation est le transfert des réfugiés d'un pays d'asile dans un autre Etat qui a accepté de les accueillir et de leur autoriser en fin de compte une installation permanente.C'est une des trois solutions durables.
Les Etats qui les réinstallent leur assurent une protection juridique et physique , incluant l'accès civique,politique,économique,social et culturel, des droits identiques à ceux dont bénéficient les nationaux.

2e partie
La réinstallation est une expérience qui change la vie,C'est à la fois un challenge et quelque chose de gratifiant.Les réfugiés sont souvent réinstallés dans un pays où la société , la langue,et la culture sont complètement différentes et nouvelles pour eux.
Assurer leur accueil efficacement et leur intégration est bénéfique à la fois pour les réfugiés réinstallés et le pays qui les reçoit. Les Gouvernements et les organisations partenaires non-gouvernementales fournissent des services pour faciliter leur intégration comme l'orientation culturelle, le langage et l'apprentissage d'un métier aussi bien que pour promouvoir l'éducation et l'emploi.

dans mon élan j'ai tout fait mais que cela n'empêche quelqu'un d'essayer de faire mieux , c'est toujours intéressant d'avoir plusieurs traductions car il y a plusieurs façons de tourner les phrases pour dire la même chose

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de chocolatcitron, postée le 29-08-2019 à 02:49:26 (S | E)
Hello !

As I promised, here is my participation:

Refugee families (1) in Aberdeenshire say second-hand bikes have made (2) a huge difference as they try to settle into their new life (3).
"Most of the refugees (4) can’t buy cars. There are 10 families here. They don't have cars and if you want to go anywhere it will be expensive. The school is like half an hour’s (5) walk."
Shirin, her husband and their two young children arrived earlier this year as beneficiaries of the Syrian Refugee Resettlement Programme. In the garden of their home, Shirin is happy as she watches her children play with the bikes given to them by Bikes For Refugees.
"This is the best feeling ever,"(6) she says. "You know your kids will be OK. They will grow up (7). They will study. It's great."
As well as to the Kennedys (8), who changed their name when they arrived in Scotland, bikes were provided to three other newly relocated refugee families. The donations have made (9) a positive impact on the community. ///

Les familles de réfugiés à Aberdeenshire disent que les bicyclettes d'occasion ont fait une grosse différence alors qu'ils essaient de s'intégrer dans leur nouvelle vie.
"La plupart des réfugiés ne peuvent pas s'offrir une voiture. Il y a dix familles ici. Elles n'ont pas de voiture et si vous voulez aller n'importe où, ce sera cher. L'école est à une demi-heure de marche.
Shirin, son mari et leurs deux jeunes enfants sont arrivés plus tôt cette année en tant que bénéficiaires du programme de relocalisation des réfugiés Syriens. Dans le jardin de leur maison, Shirin est heureuse de voir ses enfants jouer avec les vélos qui leur ont été donnés par l'association "Des Vélos Pour Les Réfugiés".
"C'est la meilleur chose qui nous soit arrivée depuis," dit elle. "Tu sais/vous savez que tes/vos enfants seront bien. Ils s'épanouiront. Ils étudieront. C'est génial".
Aussi bien que pour les Kennedy, qui ont changé leur nom quand ils sont arrivés en Écosse, on a fourni des bicyclettes à trois autres familles de réfugiés nouvellement déplacées. Les donations ont eu un impact positif sur la communauté.

Have a sweet week!
See you soon.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de icare29, postée le 29-08-2019 à 11:48:49 (S | E)
Hello everybody ;Je me porte volontaire pour la traduction de la dernière partie du texte que voici

They did it. They promised and they did it," Shirin says. "They send 18 bikes, which (18) was a dream, so every member (19) of the new families has a bike."
Two volunteers drove the bikes up and distributed them in the local church, then celebrated with Syrian food prepared by the refugee families.
"It's not familiar in Syria for girls to ride(20) a bike. Some know, but I don't know. I try to practise ,and the kids try to practise. Only my husband is really good." ///4End of extract///.

Ils le firent ."Ils l'avaient promis et ils l'avaient fait" dit Shirin .Ils envoyèrent 18 bicyclettes qui furent un rêve pour eux,et ainsi tous les membres de cette nouvelle famille eurent une bicyclette
Deux volontaires enfourchèrent les vélos et les distribuèrent dans l'église locale , puis ils organisèrent une fête qui fut célébrée avec de la nourriture syrienne préparée par les familles de réfugiés.
" Ils n'auraient pas pu être plus heureux " dit MeCluskey . C'était joyeux et humble à la fois de les regarder....
Les enfants de Shirin apprenaient la façon de rouler correctement avec une bicyclette et comptaient sur leurs pères pour leur donner des leçons .
" Ce n'ést pas habituel en Syrie que les filles roulent en bicyclette.Certaines le savent mais pas moi. J'essayai de pratiquer et les enfants essayaient aussi de pratiquer .Seul mon mari est vraiment bon " .

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de maxwell, postée le 29-08-2019 à 21:36:49 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello!
"All the families, especially the men - if they're not going to school they go and have a bike ride. They ride the bikes together around the town to know the city more. It makes them closer" "One of the men lives really far away and it's hard for him to go to the shop and get the food. Now he goes on the bike, and it is easier."
In February, Shirin's family arrived in Scotland. They fled the Syrian civil war in 2012, and spent the seven following years in camps in neighbouring Lebanon.
"Even today, I can't speak about what we've been through. It was so hard," she says.
That is one of the reasons why they wanted a new name. They had bad experiences at home, they had bad experiences in Lebanon and wanted to feel like new people. ///End of Part 2///

Toutes les familles, surtout les hommes - s'ils ne vont pas à l'école, vont se balader à vélo. Ils font de la bicyclette ensemble autour de la ville pour mieux la connaître. Cela les rapproche davantage." "L'un des hommes habite vraiment très loin et c'est dur pour lui d'aller au magasin et chercher à manger. Maintenant, il va à bicyclette et c'est plus facile."
En février, la famille de Shirin arriva en Ecosse. Ils fuirent la guerre civile syrienne en 2012 et passèrent les sept années suivantes dans des camps du Liban voisin.
"Même maintenant, je n'arrive pas à parler des épreuves que nous avons traversées. C'était trop dur", dit-elle.
C'est l'une des raisons pour lesquelles ils voulaient un nouveau nom. Ils eurent de mauvaises expériences à la maison, ils eurent de mauvaises expériences au Liban et voulaient avoir le sentiment d'être des gens nouveaux.

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de maxwell, postée le 31-08-2019 à 08:47:09 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello!

Alongside getting used to UK systems -"the paperwork, it never ends" - the Kennedys and other refugee families had been dealing with a lack of transport.
Through social media, Shirin came across the page of Bikes for Refugees. Since it was founded in 2017, the Edinburgh-based group has distributed over 650 donated bikes to refugee families across Scotland.
"We know how a simple thing as a bike can be transformational giving people freedom of movement and enjoyment. It also sends out an important message of solidarity and says to people - you are welcome here," says the group's founder. The charity did not have volunteers or donors in the area, so it launched a special fundraising appeal to gather enough bikes for the families. ///End of Part 3///

Ils essayent de s'intégrer à la société ici mais ne peuvent pas dire que ce soit facile. Tout le monde essaie d'expliquer la culture différente mais c'est quand même difficile. " Je n'arrête pas de leur dire 'C'est une planète totalement différente de la Syrie.' Vraiment et totalement différente."
En même temps qu'ils s'habituent au système britannique -"les tâches administratives, ça n'arrête pas"- les Kennedy et d'autres familles de réfugiés avaient été confrontés à un manque de moyens de transport.
Via les médias sociaux, Shirin est tombée sur la page des Bicyclettes pour Réfugiés. Depuis qu'il fut fondé en 2017, le groupe basé à Edimbourg a distribué plus de 650 bicyclettes gratuitement aux familles de réfugiés à travers l'Ecosse.
"Nous savons à quel point une simple chose comme une bicyclette peut transformer la vie en donnant aux gens de la liberté de mouvement et du plaisir. Cela envoie aussi un important message de solidarité et dit aux gens -vous êtes les bienvenus", dit le fondateur du groupe. L'association caritative ne disposait pas de volontaires ni de donateurs dans les environs et lança donc un appel spécial de collecte de fonds pour rassembler assez de bicyclettes pour les familles.

PS : j'ai eu un doute sur : donated bikes : est-ce que ce sont des vélos donnés par des gens et redistribués, ou bien est-ce que ce sont des vélos achetés (par des fonds) et donnés aux réfugiés?

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help!/ 52 de here4u, postée le 31-08-2019 à 11:41:26 (S | E)
Hello, Dear All!

Voici la correction du "follow-up work". Un grand merci à tous nos volontaires ... Merci aussi de votre rapidité !

Refugee families in Aberdeenshire say second-hand bikes have made a huge difference as they try to settle into their new life.
"Most of the refugees can’t buy cars. There are 10 families here. They don't have cars and if you want to go anywhere it will be expensive. The school is like half an hour’s walk."
"This is the best feeling ever," she says. "You know your kids will be OK. They will grow up. They will study. It's great."
As well as to the Kennedys, who changed their name when they arrived in Scotland, bikes were provided to three other newly relocated refugee families. The donations have made a positive impact on the community.

Les familles de réfugiés dans le comté d'Aberdeen (1) disent que les bicyclettes d'occasion ont fait font(2)une grande différence alors qu'ils essaient de s'intégrer dans leur nouvelle vie.
"La plupart des réfugiés ne peuvent pas s'offrir une voiture. Il y a dix familles ici. Elles n'ont pas de voiture et si vous voulez aller n'importe où, ce sera cher. L'école est à une demi-heure de marche.
Shirin, son mari et leurs deux jeunes enfants sont arrivés plus tôt cette année en tant que bénéficiaires du programme de relocalisation des réfugiés Syriens. Dans le jardin de leur maison, Shirin est heureuse de voir ses enfants jouer avec les vélos qui leur ont été donnés par l'association "Des Vélos Pour Les Réfugiés".
"C'est la meilleure chose qui nous soit jamais arrivée," dit elle. "Vous savez que vos enfants seront bien. Ils s'épanouiront. Ils étudieront. C'est génial".
De même que pour les Kennedy, qui ont changé leur nom quand ils sont arrivés en Écosse, on a fourni des bicyclettes à trois autres familles de réfugiés nouvellement déplacées. Les donations ont eu un impact positif sur la communauté.

(1) Aberdeen est la ville principale du comté qui l'entoure ... shire= county= un comté.
(2) ne pas oublier que le présent perfect n'est pas un temps du passé ... BRAVO et un grand merci Choco!

"All the families, especially the men - if they're not going to school they go and have a bike ride. They ride the bikes together around the town to know the city more. It makes them closer" "One of the men lives really far away and it's hard for him to go to the shop and get the food. Now he goes on the bike, and it is easier."
In February, Shirin's family arrived in Scotland. They fled the Syrian civil war in 2012, and spent the seven following years in camps in neighbouring Lebanon.
"Even today, I can't speak about what we've been through. It was so hard," she says.
That is one of the reasons why they wanted a new name. They had bad experiences at home, they had bad experiences in Lebanon and wanted to feel like new people.

Toutes les familles, surtout les hommes - s'ils ne vont pas à l'école, vont se balader à vélo. Ils font de la bicyclette ensemble autour de dans toute la ville pour mieux la connaître. Cela les rapproche davantage." "L'un des hommes habite vraiment très loin et c'est dur pour lui d'aller faire les courses pour chercher à manger. Maintenant, il va à bicyclette et c'est plus facile."
En février, la famille de Shirin arriva en Ecosse. Ils fuirent la guerre civile syrienne en 2012 et passèrent les sept années suivantes dans des camps du Liban voisin.
"Même maintenant, je n'arrive pas à parler des épreuves que nous avons traversées. C'était trop dur", dit-elle.
C'est l'une des raisons pour lesquelles ils voulaient un nouveau nom. Ils ont eu de mauvaises expériences à la maison dans leur pays, ils ont eu de mauvaises expériences au Liban et voulaient avoir le sentiment d'être des gens nouveaux.
BRAVO et un grand merci Maxwell!

Through social media, Shirin came across the page of Bikes for Refugees. Since it was founded in 2017, the Edinburgh-based group has distributed over 650 donated bikes to refugee families across Scotland.
"We know how a simple thing as a bike can be transformational giving people freedom of movement and enjoyment. It also sends out an important message of solidarity and says to people - you are welcome here," says the group's founder. The charity did not have volunteers or donors in the area, so it launched a special fundraising appeal to gather enough bikes for the families.

Ils essayent de s'intégrer à la société ici mais ne peuvent pas dire que ce soit facile. Tout le monde essaie d'expliquer la culture différente mais c'est quand même difficile. " Je n'arrête pas de leur dire 'C'est une planète totalement différente de la Syrie.' Vraiment et totalement différente."
En même temps qu'ils s'habituent au système britannique -"les tâches administratives (la "paperasserie"), ça n'arrête pas"- les Kennedy et d'autres familles de réfugiés avaient été confrontés à un manque de moyens de transport.
Via les médias sociaux, Shirin est tombée sur la page des Bicyclettes pour Réfugiés. Depuis sa fondation en 2017, le groupe basé à Edimbourg a distribué plus de 650 bicyclettes gratuitement aux familles de réfugiés à travers l'Ecosse.
"Nous savons à quel point une simple chose comme une bicyclette peut transformer la vie en donnant aux gens de la liberté de mouvement et du plaisir. Cela envoie aussi un important message de solidarité et dit aux gens -vous êtes les bienvenus", dit le fondateur du groupe. L'association caritative ne disposait pas de volontaires ni de donateurs dans les environs et lança donc un appel spécial de collecte de fonds pour rassembler assez de bicyclettes pour les familles.
BRAVO et un grand merci encore Maxwell !

PS : j'ai eu un doute sur : donated bikes : est-ce que ce sont des vélos donnés par des gens et redistribués, ou bien est-ce que ce sont des vélos achetés (par des fonds) et donnés aux réfugiés? Les deux, je pense ... Ils distribuent d'abord des bicyclettes données, et s'ils n'y en a pas, ou plus, lèvent des fonds pour en acheter d'occasion ...

They did it. They promised and they did it," Shirin says. "They send 18 bikes, which was a dream, so every member of the new families has a bike."
"It's not familiar in Syria for girls to ride a bike. Some know, but I don't know. I try to practise ,and the kids try to practise. Only my husband is really good."

"Ils l'ont fait ! Ils l'avaient promis et ils l'ont fait" dit Shirin. Ils ont envoyé 18 bicyclettes qui furent un rêve, et ainsi tous les membres de cette nouvelle famille eurent une bicyclette
Deux volontaires enfourchèrentont transporté les vélos et les ont distribués dans l'église locale, puis ils ont organisé une fête qui fut célébrée avec de la nourriture syrienne préparée par les familles de réfugiés.
" Ils n'auraient pas pu être plus heureux " dit MeCluskey . C'était joyeux et humbleça donnait une leçon d'humilité à la fois de les regarder ...
Les enfants de Shirin apprennent encore à faire du vélo et comptent sur leur père pour leur donner des leçons .
" Ce n'est pas habituel en Syrie que les filles roulent à vélo. Certaines savent le faire mais pas moi. J'essaye de m'entraîner et les enfants essayaient aussi de s'entraîner. Seul mon mari sait bien en faire"
BRAVO et un grand merci Icare !

Many refugees cannot go home because of continued conflict, wars, and persecution. Many also live in perilous situations or have specific needs that cannot be addressed in the country where they have sought protection. In such circumstances, UNHCR helps resettle refugees to a third country.
Resettlement is the transfer of refugees from an asylum country to another State that has agreed to admit them and ultimately grant them permanent settlement. It is one of the three durable solutions.
Resettlement States provide the refugee with legal and physical protection, including access to civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights similar to those enjoyed by nationals.
Resettlement is a life-changing experience. It is both challenging and rewarding. Refugees are often resettled to a country where the society, language and culture are completely different and new to them.
Providing for their effective reception and integration is beneficial for both the resettled refugee and the receiving (10) country. Governments and non-governmental organization partners provide services to facilitate integration, such as cultural orientation, language and vocational training, as well as programmes to promote access to education and employment.

Beaucoup de réfugiés ne peuvent pas rentrer chez eux à cause des guerres et persécutions continuelles. Beaucoup vivent aussi des situations dangereuses ou ont des besoins spécifiques qui ne peuvent pas être pris en charge par les pays auxquels ils ont demandé une protection. Dans de telles circonstances UNHCR (HCR) les aide à se réinstaller dans un pays tiers.
La réinstallation est le transfert des réfugiés d'un pays d'asile dans un autre Etat qui a accepté de les accueillir et de leur autoriser en fin de compte une installation permanente. C'est une des trois solutions durables.
Les Etats qui les réinstallent leur assurent une protection juridique et physique, incluant l'accès à des droits civiques, politiques, économiques, sociaux et culturels, identiques à ceux dont bénéficient les citoyens.
La réinstallation est une expérience qui change la vie. C'est à la fois un défi et quelque chose de gratifiant. Les réfugiés sont souvent réinstallés dans un pays où la société, la langue, et la culture sont complètement différentes et nouvelles pour eux.
Assurer leur accueil efficacement et leur intégration est bénéfique à la fois pour les réfugiés réinstallés et pour le pays qui les reçoit. Les Gouvernements et les organisations partenaires non-gouvernementales fournissent des services pour faciliter leur intégration comme l'orientation culturelle, le langage et l'apprentissage d'un métierune formation à la langue et à un métier aussi bien que des programmes pour promouvoir l'éducation et l'emploi.
BRAVO et un grand merci Magie ! Continue à avoir de tels élans !

Merci à nos volontaires au nom de tous ...

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de néerlandais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.