Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Publicités :

Text about revolt

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Text about revolt
Message de princessblood posté le 24-09-2011 à 14:04:25 (S | E | F)
Hello!

Could you correct my text please?
Thank you for your help.

In the paragraph, first, she revolts against uncles’ answers. She doesn’t agree with their opinion. After, in spite of the fact she acknowledges she loathes “all sorts of white people”, we can highlight she don’t declare she hates all of them. She explains she doesn’t like white-skinned person who is arrogant, illiterate, stupid and lazy. However, further we can notice that she appreciates the compassion, the genius, and the poetry that emanate from distinguished person of white-skinned people. The quote appears after these comments. So the quote shows us, she is aware that in each people there is good and bad persons and the behaviour is not a question of skin colour. Beyond this, she thinks that everybody acts the same manner in the same situation. We are all human and there are qualities and faults in all people. There is no connection with people origin. The colour doesn’t affect, rule our nature. She said there are great human beings in each country, population, or group. In reality what she can’t put up with, is human stupidity and pride in general. She abhors nationalism and tribalism because that often abets us to be racist, close-minded and scornful towards other people who are just different of us. Her uncles take a case for a generality. But she is very forgiving with her family so she remains silent.
In my view, she is right. Firstly, we are all human and obviously different between ourselves. Everybody has got various feelings, qualities and faults. This is what makes us special. It is our own originality. Therefore, if a person is nasty it not means her fellows are necessary like her. We have to pay attention to not take a case for a generality, and to not prejudge. Besides, we can observe that more often than not, when a friend does a malicious act, we are more forgiving than if it was a foreigner. In those circumstances, we are too much harsh and unfair. Moreover, we have to take account of the fact we are not perfect. So a person may make an error without inevitably be rotten to the core. I think we should all have another chance to put our mistake right. On the whole, I quite agree with Corliss and I think uncles’ words are ridiculous and nonsense. But if I understand and admire her self-control, in her place, I would probably set out my opinion despite of the fact it was unless. When I disagree about something, I tend to be a little impulsive. Nevertheless, I believe she is really courageous because she keeps her cool. Personally, I think she is resigned and she lost hope to change her family mind. I am sad for her. She must feel lonely as she can’t share her thoughts. I can’t help thinking that is like a call for help. There is a big lack of understanding in this family.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 24-09-2011 19:04

Réponse: Text about revolt de gerondif, postée le 24-09-2011 à 16:08:08 (S | E)
Bonjour,
rouge ou bleu à corriger, en vert, corrections effectuées
In the paragraph, first, she revolts against *** (ses oncles)uncles’ answers. She doesn’t agree with their opinion. After that(pas de "after" tout seul comme en français), in spite of the fact she acknowledges she loathes “all sorts of white people”, we can highlight she don’t declare she hates all of them. She explains she doesn’t like white-skinned person(people) who is(pluriel) arrogant, illiterate, stupid and lazy. However, further on, we can notice that she appreciates the compassion, the genius, and the poetry that emanate from distinguished person of white-skinned people(people va suffire). The quote appears after these comments. So the quote shows us, she is aware that in each people(sens pluriel, donc each impossible, à moins que ce ne soit le sens de "peuple") there is good and bad persons and the behaviour is not a question of skin colour. Beyond this(sonne bizarre), she thinks that everybody acts the same manner in the same situation. We are all human and there are qualities and faults in all people. There is no connection with people's origin. The colour doesn’t affect, rule our nature. She said there are great human beings in each country, population, or group. In reality what she can’t put up with, is human stupidity and pride in general. She abhors nationalism and tribalism because that often abets(verbe rare) us to be racist, close-minded and scornful towards other people who are just different of us. Her uncles take a case for a generality. But she is very forgiving with her family so she remains silent.
In my view, she is right. Firstly, we are all human and obviously different between ourselves(different from each other). Everybody has got various feelings, qualities and faults. This is what makes us special. It is our own originality. Therefore, if a person is nasty it not means (auxiliaire do)her fellows are necessary like her. We have to pay attention to not take a case for a generality, and to not ( dans l'autre sens)prejudge. Besides, we can observe that more often than not, when a friend does a malicious act, we are more forgiving than if it was a foreigner. In those circumstances, we are too much harsh and unfair. Moreover, we have to take account of (to take into account the fact that)the fact we are not perfect. So a person may make an error without inevitably be rotten to the core. I think we should all have another chance to put our mistake(pluriel) right. On the whole, I quite agree with Corliss and I think (possessif)uncles’ words are ridiculous and nonsense. But if I understand and admire her self-control, in her place, I would probably set out(speak out?) my opinion despite of (in spite of... ou despite ...seul)the fact it was unless. When I disagree about something, I tend to be a little impulsive. Nevertheless, I believe she is really courageous because she keeps her cool. Personally, I think she is resigned and she lost hope (to give up + ing: renoncer à)to change her family mind. I am sad for her. She must feel lonely as she can’t share her thoughts. I can’t help thinking that is like a call for help. There is a big lack of understanding in this family.

Réponse: Text about revolt de princessblood, postée le 24-09-2011 à 16:36:37 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup!!!

Réponse: Text about revolt de sherry48, postée le 24-09-2011 à 20:06:47 (S | E)
Hello princessblood and gerondif.

Geronif has helped you with all the important problems, so there are only a few small details left.
In the paragraph, at first, she revolts
in spite of the fact that she acknowledges she loathes...also...we can highlight that
and the behaviour is not a question of skin colour
everybody acts in the same manner
The Colour doesn’t affect or rule
closed-minded (the other is used, but this is preferred)
her fellows are necessary (different form)
take a case ( another phrase?)
without (inevitably) be (different form) rotten to the core
put our mistake (usually make or correct)
the fact that it was unless useless?
to change (not the infinitive) her family (possessive) mind
Sherry

Réponse: Text about revolt de notrepere, postée le 25-09-2011 à 03:58:15 (S | E)
Hello Sherry

Actually, in British English, the correct spelling is "close-minded". Here's a link that you might find useful which can help you look things up in British English dictionaries quite easily.
Lien Internet

Cordialement

Réponse: Text about revolt de princessblood, postée le 25-09-2011 à 08:20:40 (S | E)
Merci encore! Vous êtes très gentils!

Réponse: Text about revolt de sherry48, postée le 25-09-2011 à 15:31:03 (S | E)
Hello notrepere.
Thanks for the info. I have to watch out for British English differences, since there are many I'm not aware of! So when someone's mind is closed to new ideas, for British English always use close-minded. Sherry

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de néerlandais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.