Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Publicités :

Bac/idée de progrès

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/idée de progrès
Message de greyfriars posté le 18-02-2014 à 15:51:09 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,

je vais passer le bac en candidat libre cette année donc j'ai préparé un texte sur la notion d'idée de progrès.J'aimerais que vous me donniez votre avis sur mon texte et aussi que vous corrigiez d'éventuelles fautes.
Je vous remercie d'avance pour votre aide.

I'm going to talk about the idea of progress.To begin with, I'd like to state the definition of progress.Progress is the idea that the world can become increasingly better in terms of science, technology, modernization, liberty, democracy, quality of life, etc.But still the issue is debated among the conscious people whether progress is blessing or it is a curse for humanity.Let us discuss how science can serves humanity and how it can harm it.

First of all, progress can improve a lot the human condition, be it at the social, economic or political level.In an article called "The power of big ideas", published in 1999 in Newsweek Magazine, scientists and other thinkers nominate what they consider the most important invention of the last two thousand years.Printing press is one of them.In my opinion, I think also it is a very important breakthrought because it has greatly favoured the developpement of democracy.Indeed, it has made the books public and therefore permitted mass literacy and exchange of ideas.
In more recent times, we can say the computer is another capital invention for progress.It has profundly disrupted our everyday lives.For example, we can have a instantaneous discussion with a friend thousand of miles from our home.Also, we can access any information at the touch of a button from almost any location.This is fantastic, isn't this?Finally, we could mentionned progress in medicine that are not the least significant ones.Thus, the discovery of many useful drugs and vaccines permitted to save millions of lives.In fact, it is practically impossible to be exhaustive concerning all the advantages that progress has provided to the mankind.

The fruits of progress may be used for bad purposes.One of the best example is the atomic bomb.Developped with the help of modern scientific methods, it can finish this world of ours in an instant.The world has seen the illustration of two Japanese cities, Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Another example of potential dangers of progress is genetic engineering.The use of cloning and some genetic manipulations would have disastrous social consequences.Parents would tend to engineer children to conform to social norms, with regard to physical ability, appearance and aptitudes, even though many of these social norms are inherently oppressive.Moreover, it would make people intolerant for disabled people or the least imperfection.It's not unreminiscent of nazi eugenic policies.Also techno-eugenics may make the human species, like other species, the object of the manipulative control of technocratic elites.That is exactly what is happening in the Brave New World by Aldous Huxley!I don't know about you, but me I don't want to see clone or formatted individuals.I like too much the particularity of each humans for that..
In closing, I will address a last drawback of progress.The increasing use of technology made us to lose contact with nature.Nowadays, unlike their parents, youngs are spending more times inside than outside, playing video games, watching tv, chatting on the internet.In the same way, it is reducing the instances of contact with others: people have often more virtual relationships than real-life ones.

In conclusion, I would say progress is neither all good nor all bad.Progress has brought great advancements in standards of living but it has also came along with some drawbacks.Let us consider the area of science.The knowledge generated by science is definitely morally neutral.However, when put into the hands of human beings, that knowledge can be used for either ill or good.It is not scientific knowledge that is either good or evil, but the application of it.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 18-02-2014 18:26

Réponse: Bac/idée de progrès de greyfriars, postée le 18-02-2014 à 15:53:58 (S | E)
petite correction: "Let us discuss how progress can serve humanity and how it can harm to it"

Réponse: Bac/idée de progrès de greyfriars, postée le 21-02-2014 à 16:03:58 (S | E)
Personne pour critiquer et corriger mon texte?

Réponse: Bac/idée de progrès de bluestar, postée le 21-02-2014 à 17:24:32 (S | E)
Bonjour...

I'm going to talk about the idea of progress.To begin with, I'd like to state the definition of progress.Progress is the idea that the world can become increasingly better in terms of science, technology, modernization, liberty, democracy, quality of life, etc.But still the issue is debated among the conscious people whether progress is a blessing or it is a curse for humanity.Let us discuss how science can serves humanity and how it can harm it.

First of all, progress can improve a lot (ordre) the human condition , be it at the social, economic or political level.In an article called "The power of big ideas", published in 1999 in Newsweek Magazine, scientists and other thinkers nominate what they consider the most important invention of the last two thousand years. The pPrinting press is one of them.In my opinion (superflu), I think also it is a very important breakthrought because it has greatly favoured the developpement of democracy.Indeed, it has made the books public and therefore permitted mass literacy and exchange of ideas.
In more recent times, we can say the computer is another capital invention for progress.It has profoundly disrupted (utiliser un autre verbe) our everyday lives.For example, we can have a instantaneous discussion with a friend thousand of miles from our home.Also, we can access any information at the touch of a button from almost any location.This is fantastic, isn't this it?Finally, we could mentionned progress in medicine that are not the least significant ones.Thus, the discovery of many useful drugs and vaccines permitted to save maladroit, utiliser '(to save' in present perfect)millions of lives.In fact, it is practically impossible to be exhaustive concerning all the advantages that progress has provided to the mankind.

The fruits of progress may be used for bad purposes.One of the best example is the atomic bomb.Developped with the help of modern scientific methods, it can finish this world of ours in an instant.The world has seen the illustration of two Japanese cities, Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Another example of the potential dangers of progress is genetic engineering.The use of cloning and some genetic manipulations would have disastrous social consequences.Parents would tend to engineer children to conform to social norms, with regard to physical ability, appearance and aptitudes, even though many of these social norms are inherently oppressive.Moreover, it would make people intolerant for (il faut une autre preposition) disabled people or the least imperfection.It's not unreminiscent (éviter les doubles négations, si possible) of Nnazi eugenic policies.Also techno-eugenics may make the human species, like other species, the object of the manipulative control of technocratic elites.That is exactly what is happening in the Brave New World by Aldous Huxley!I don't know about you, but me I don't want to see clones or formatted individuals.I like too much (égaré) the particularity of each humans for that..
In closing, I will address a last drawback of progress.The increasing use of technology made (temps?) us to lose contact with nature.Nowadays, unlike their parents, youngs (soit 'the young' ou 'young people', mais pas 'youngs') are spending more times inside than outside, playing video games, watching tv, chatting on the internet.In the same way, it is reducing the instances of contact with others: people have often more virtual relationships than real-life ones.

In conclusion, I would say progress is neither all good nor all bad.Progress has brought great advancements in standards of living but it has also came along with some drawbacks.Let us consider the area of science.The knowledge generated by science is definitely morally neutral.However, when put into the hands of human beings, that knowledge can be used for either ill or good.It is not scientific knowledge that is either good or evil, but the application of it.

Réponse: Bac/idée de progrès de greyfriars, postée le 21-02-2014 à 17:57:53 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup pour vos corrections.J'en prends note.

Réponse: Bac/idée de progrès de greyfriars, postée le 21-02-2014 à 18:34:14 (S | E)
Est-ce bon là?:

I'm going to talk about the idea of progress.To begin with, I'd like to state the definition of progress.Progress is the idea that the world can become increasingly better in terms of science, technology, modernization, liberty, democracy, quality of life, etc.But still the issue is debated among the conscious people whether progress is a blessing or a curse for humanity.Let us discuss how science can serve humanity and how it can harm it.

First of all, progress can a lot improve the human condition, be it at the social, economic or political level.In an article called "The power of big ideas", published in 1999 in Newsweek Magazine, scientists and other thinkers nominate what they consider the most important invention of the last two thousand years.The printing press is one of them.I think also it is a very important breakthrough because it has greatly favoured the developement of democracy.Indeed, it has made the books public and therefore permitted mass literacy and exchange of ideas.
In more recent times, we can say the computer is another capital invention for progress.It has revolutionalised our everyday lives.For example, we can have a instantaneous discussion with a friend thousand of miles from our home.This is fantastic, isn't it?Also, we can access any information at the touch of a button from almost any location.Finally, we could mention progress in medicine that is not the least significant one.Thus, the discovery of many useful drugs and vaccines has saved millions of lives.In fact, it is practically impossible to be exhaustive concerning all the advantages that progress has provided to mankind.

So, New technologies in general have improved our living conditions nevertheless, yet science's progress also raises some issues.

Indeed, the fruits of progress may be used for bad purposes.One of the best example is the atomic bomb.Developed with the help of modern scientific methods, it can finish this world of ours in an instant.The world has seen the illustration of two Japanese cities, Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Another example of the potential dangers of progress is genetics engineering.The use of cloning and some genetic manipulations would have disastrous social consequences.Parents would tend to engineer children to conform to social norms, with regard to physical ability, appearance and aptitudes, even though many of these social norms are inherently oppressive.Moreover, it would make people intolerant of disabled people or the least imperfection.It's not unreminiscent of nazi eugenic policies.Also techno-eugenics may make the human species, like other species, the object of the manipulative control of technocratic elites.That is exactly what is happening in the Brave New World by Aldous Huxley!I don't know about you, but I don't want to see clone or formatted individuals.I like the particularity of each humans too much for that..
In closing, I will address a last drawback of progress.The increasing use of technology make us lose contact with nature.Nowadays, unlike their parents, youngs are spending more times inside than outside, playing video games, watching tv, chatting on the internet.In the same way, it is reducing the instances of contact with others: people have often more virtual relationships than real-life ones.

Réponse: Bac/idée de progrès de bluestar, postée le 21-02-2014 à 18:51:48 (S | E)
I'm going to talk about the idea of progress.To begin with, I'd like to state the definition of progress.Progress is the idea that the world can become increasingly better in terms of science, technology, modernization, liberty, democracy, quality of life, etc.But still the issue is debated among the conscious people whether progress is a blessing or a curse for humanity.Let us discuss how science can serve humanity and how it can harm it.

First of all, progress can a lot improve the human condition a lot, be it at the social, economic or political level.In an article called "The power of big ideas", published in 1999 in Newsweek Magazine, scientists and other thinkers nominate what they consider the most important invention of the last two thousand years.The printing press is one of them.I think also it is a very important breakthrough because it has greatly favoured the developement of democracy.Indeed, it has made the books public and therefore permitted mass literacy and exchange of ideas.
In more recent times, we can say the computer is another capital invention for progress.It has revolutionalised our everyday lives.For example, we can have a instantaneous discussion with a friend thousand of miles from our home.This is fantastic, isn't it?Also, we can access any information at the touch of a button from almost any location.Finally, we could mention progress in medicine that is not the least significant one.Thus, the discovery of many useful drugs and vaccines has saved millions of lives.In fact, it is practically impossible to be exhaustive concerning all the advantages that progress has provided to mankind.

So, nNew technologies in general have improved our living conditions nevertheless, yet science's progress also raises some issues.

Indeed, the fruits of progress may be used for bad purposes.One of the best examples is the atomic bomb.Developed with the help of modern scientific methods, it can finish this world of ours in an instant.The world has seen the illustration ('examples' serait mieux ici) of two Japanese cities, Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Another example of the potential dangers of progress is genetics engineering.The use of cloning and some genetic manipulations would could ('could' pas 'would' parce que c'est seulement une possibilité) have disastrous social consequences.Parents would tend to engineer children to conform to social norms, with regard to physical ability, appearance and aptitudes, even though many of these social norms are inherently oppressive.Moreover, it would make people intolerant of disabled people or the least imperfection.It's not unreminiscent It is reminiscent of Nnazi eugenic policies.Also techno-eugenics may make the human species, like other species, the object of the manipulative control of by technocratic elites.That is exactly what is happening in the Brave New World by Aldous Huxley!I don't know about you, but I don't want to see clone or formatted individuals.I like the particularity of each humans too much for that..
In closing, I will address a last drawback of progress.The increasing use of technology make us lose contact with nature.Nowadays, unlike their parents, youngs are spending more times inside than outside, playing video games, watching tv, chatting on the internet.In the same way, it is reducing the instances of contact with others: people have often more virtual relationships than real-life ones.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de néerlandais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.