Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Publicités :

Myths and heroes/Correction

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Myths and heroes/Correction
Message de mmdd posté le 08-05-2014 à 15:39:11 (S | E | F)
Bonjour tout le monde !
Voilà, j'ai fini ma notion sur "Myths and heroes" en anglais, et pour pouvoir la présenter à l'oral, j'aimerais savoir si l'écrit est juste, notamment au niveau de l'orthographe et de la grammaire.
Pourriez vous m'aider s'il vous plaît?
Merci et bonne journée !

I am going to talk about the concept of myths and heroes. First of all, I would like to give a definition of this notion. A myth is a fictitious story which narrates the foundations of a given community. These narratives can convey the ideals of this community and create or perpetuate inspiring heroic figures. In this case, the concept of myths and heroes then serves a more profound purpose in our culture than mere fictional stories.
What does being a hero mean? What extent does to evolution of a myth and the representation of heroes correspond to the ideals of a society?
First, we’ll see how human became heroes and the shadows part of this mythical figure and finally, I explain my definition of a hero.

For a start, I will deal first with Mandela. Why is he considered as a hero?
Hero is a word with many different meaning. A hero would be someone who sacrifices their reputation or their life in a selfless way to help others.
But a hero is also somebody who inspires many people, who can give people like hope and dream maybe.
Barack Obama gave a speech in honor of Nelson Mandela. Nelson Mandela have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. Nelson Mandela is one of the most courageous human; he has sacrificed his own freedom for the freedom of others.
But in “A dissenting opinion on Nelson Mandela”, an article of Jonahtan Cook , the journalist explain that he was a great personality who was used to manipulated peoples. In this words, he explain that “There are no Messiahs on their way, but there are many false gods designed to keep us pacified, divided and weak.”

Next, we studied about Lindbergh. He is best known for being the first person to fly solo nonstop across the Atlantic in 1927. He earned more tragic notoriety a few years later when his son was kidnapped and killed in a case that gripped the US.
But on the other hand, he has a second facet and was a Nazi sympathiser.

So I think an hero is, originally, a simple person who had flaws and qualities. But when he begin to fight , an hero become a myth and everybody see his qualities. He become an exemple, an icon, and he create hope.
Sometimes, an hero became a symbole and people want to use his power to create money, politics or manipulate peoples like with children. Because, when we move not and stay passive, we are children and we close our eyes to obey.

Finally,we need people to look up to, someone who inspires us can be a role model. And as say Clint Eastwood in Flag our Father, “Maybe there is no such things as heroes, they ere just people like my dad. Heroes are something we create, somthing we need”. Because despite everything he represent, he was not a symbole before being an hero, he was a man. A man with his flaws and if he become an hero, it’s thank to our vision, because we need heroes. And heroes would be not exist if we stay passive. So I think we must be heroes too, by acting like their every day, to ameliorate life.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 08-05-2014 15:47

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de néerlandais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.