Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Publicités :

Oral/Myths and heroes

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral/Myths and heroes
Message de benjaminp posté le 16-05-2015 à 15:32:54 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
Je passe l'oral du BAC d'anglais dans une semaine et j'aimerais avoir une vérification de l'oral ci-dessous s'il vous plait.
Merci pour vos réponses.

I am going to talk about the concept of myths and heroes. First of all, I would like to give a definition of this notion. A myth is a fictitious story which narrates the foundations of a given community. These narratives can convey the ideals of this community and create or perpetuate inspiring heroic figures. In this case, the concept of myths and heroes then serves a more profound purpose in our culture than mere fictional stories. To illustrate this, I have chosen to focus my thoughts on people who are really intent on making this a better place for all people, hence the link to myths with a character emboying an idea. So, I was wondering. To what extent do myths represent society’s values and how does heroes fit in those societies? Aiming at answering this issue, I will exhibit the life of two persons, which were living in the USA back in the 1950’s.

First and foremost, one cannot deny that society is based on founding myths; a collective identity forged around common landmarks and shared values. As elsewhere, but even more in the USA back then. You’re probably thinking: What does it have to do with a character? He’s talking about society! As a matter of fact, we have seen two different examples during class. Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks. Both of them were heroes, fighting against racism, which was, back then, a popular belief embodying the ideals and institutions of their society. Consequently, a myth ! They, Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King, represented the fight against racial segregation in the USA. It wasn’t unsuall when they were alive. Nevertheless, they managed to do something about it. Even though they lived in this society, embodying the ideals of this popular belief, which came from the Pilgrim Fathers, another document we studied aswell during class.

Rosa Parks was the first that launched this “revolutionary without violence courant” against racial segregation. She showed an extreme courage and bravery regarding the context she was in decades ago when she refused to give up her seat for a white guy. She fought injustice among the society and tried to change the ideals regarding black people. She was serving a more profound purpose than just herself and this is why she can be related as a hero.

During class, we have studied the speech “I have a dream ... “which referred to Martin Luther King. He is a relevant illustration of the notion of heroes as it shows how a single man has changed people’s minds. Indeed he put an end to decades of racial segregation and allowed the creation of the “civil rights act” or even “voting rights act “. »I have a dream ..." A dream that was similar to Gandhi and Mandela. Struggling for equality among peoples, blacks voting, and this, without violence. It really shows that a single man or women can change the ideas and ideals of a community. They are both examples of heroes which endorse egalitarianism to fulfill our dreams.

To put it in a nutshell, I think that myths represent society’s values in a way that it has a great impact on us, for example with the 1950 USA society, regarding racism or segregation. In our modern society, racism isn’t well seen at all, thanks to persons such as Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Mandela, or whoever that is and it seems to me that heroes influence the society, so as a result they influence mtyhs by their commitment to defend and promote honorable values. Thanks their prominent presence, they act as model. However, even if you may get some inspiration from mystical stories and iconic figures, in the end you will have to face reality and be aware of the imperfection of mankind. In this way, we could also regard racism as being still present in our world.

Merci bien !

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 16-05-2015 16:26

-------------------
Modifié par benjaminp le 17-05-2015 16:26

Réponse: Oral/Myths and heroes de laure95, postée le 18-05-2015 à 17:22:20 (S | E)
Bonsoir,
-A myth is a fictitious story which narrâtes: which IS ABOUT.
- people who are really intent: who really INTEND TO
-emboying: orthographe.
- how does heroes fit in those societies? : heroes est au pluriel, donc...

- during class: in class.
- They, Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King chosir entre THEY et leurs noms.
-this society: THAT.
- aswell: pas attaché.

- in decades ago: mal dit.
- She fought injustice: ajouter AGAINST injustice.
-

- He is: IT is.
- blacks voting: blacks' vote.

Good job! Few mistakes! A good conclusion with no vocabulary repetition!
Vocabulaire varié et riche.

Réponse: Oral/Myths and heroes de benjaminp, postée le 19-05-2015 à 17:55:42 (S | E)
Thanks Here's my fully corrected Oral :

I am going to talk about the concept of myths and heroes. First of all, I would like to give a definition of this notion. A myth is a fictitious story which is about the foundations of a given community. These narratives can convey the ideals of this community and create or perpetuate inspiring heroic figures. In this case, the concept of myths and heroes then serves a more profound purpose in our culture than mere fictional stories. To illustrate this, I have chosen to focus my thoughts on people who really intent to making this a better place for all people, hence the link to myths with a character embodying an idea. So, I was wondering. To what extent do myths represent society’s values and how does a heroe fit in those societies? Aiming at answering this issue, I will exhibit the life of two persons, which were living in the USA back in the 1950’s.

First and foremost, one cannot deny that society is based on founding myths; a collective identity forged around common landmarks and shared values. As elsewhere, but even more in the USA back then. You’re probably thinking: What does it have to do with a character? He’s talking about society! As a matter of fact, we have seen two different examples during class. Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks. Both of them were heroes, fighting against racism, which was, back then, a popular belief embodying the ideals and institutions of their society. Consequently, a myth ! They represented the fight against racial segregation in the USA. It wasn’t unsuall when they were alive. Nevertheless, they managed to do something about it. Even though they lived in that society, embodying the ideals of this popular belief, which came from the Pilgrim Fathers, another document we studied as well during class.

Rosa Parks was the first that launched this “revolutionary without violence courant” against racial segregation. She showed an extreme courage and bravery regarding the context she was dealing with when she refused to give up her seat for a white guy. She fought aigainst injustice among the society and tried to change the ideals regarding black people. She was serving a more profound purpose than just herself and this is why she can be related as a hero.

In class, we have studied the speech “I have a dream ... “which referred to Martin Luther King. It is a relevant illustration of the notion of heroes as it shows how a single man has changed people’s minds. Indeed he put an end to decades of racial segregation and allowed the creation of the “civil rights act” or even “voting rights act “. »I have a dream ..." A dream that was similar to Gandhi and Mandela. Struggling for equality among peoples, black's vote, and this, without violence. It really shows that a single man or women can change the ideas and ideals of a community. They are both examples of heroes which endorse egalitarianism to fulfill our dreams.

To put it in a nutshell, I think that myths represent society’s values in a way that it has a great impact on us, for example with the 1950 USA society, regarding racism or segregation. In our modern society, racism isn’t well seen at all, thanks to persons such as Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Mandela, or whoever that is and it seems to me that heroes influence the society, so as a result they influence mtyhs by their commitment to defend and promote honorable values. Thanks to their prominent presence, they act as model. However, even if you may get some inspiration from mystical stories and iconic figures, in the end you will have to face reality and be aware of the imperfection of mankind. In this way, we could also regard racism as being still present in our world.

Réponse: Oral/Myths and heroes de here4u, postée le 19-05-2015 à 22:05:27 (S | E)
Hello !

I am going to talk about the concept of myths and heroes. First of all, I would like to give a definition of this notion. A myth is a fictitious story which is about the foundations of a given community. These narratives can convey the ideals of this community and create or perpetuate inspiring heroic figures. In this case, the concept of myths and heroes then serves a more profound purpose in our culture than mere fictional stories. To illustrate this, I have chosen to focus my thoughts on people who really intent to making this a better place for all people, hence the link to myths with a character embodying an idea. So, I was wondering. ???To what extent do myths represent society’s values and how does a heroe fit in those societies? Aiming at answering this issue, I will exhibit the life of two persons, which were living in the USA back in the 1950s.

First and foremost, one cannot deny that society is based on founding myths; a collective identity forged around common landmarks and shared values. As elsewhere, but even more in the USA back then. (This isn't a corrrect sentence...)You’re probably thinking: What does it have to do with a character? He’s talking about society! As a matter of fact, we have seen two different examples during class. Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks. Both of them were heroes, fighting against racism, which was, back then, a popular belief embodying the ideals and institutions of their society. Consequently, a myth ! They represented the fight against racial segregation in the USA. It wasn’t unsuall when they were alive. Nevertheless, they managed to do something about it. Even though they lived in that society, embodying the ideals of this popular belief, which came from the Pilgrim Fathers, another document we studied as well during class.

Rosa Parks was the first XXX that launched this “revolutionary without violence courant” against racial segregation. She showed an extreme courage and bravery regarding the context she was dealing with when she refused to give up her seat for a white guy. She fought aigainst injustice among the society and tried to change the ideals regarding black people. She was serving a more profound purpose than just herself and this is why she can be related as a hero.

In class, we have studied the speech “I have a dream ... “which referred(no ! it referred to Coloured People's fate!) to Martin Luther King. It is a relevant illustration of the notion of heroes as it shows how a single man has changed people’s minds. Indeed he put an end to decades of racial segregation and allowed the creation of the “civil rights act” or even “voting rights act “. »I have a dream ..." A dream that was similar to Gandhi and Mandela???. Struggling for equality among peoples, black's vote, and this, without violence. It really shows that a single man or women can change the ideas and ideals of a community. They are both examples of heroes which endorse egalitarianism to fulfill our dreams.

To put it in a nutshell, I think that myths represent society’s values in a way that it has a great impact on us, for example with the 1950 USA society, regarding racism or segregation. (very clumsy...)In our modern society, racism isn’t well seen at all, thanks to persons such as Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Mandela, or whoever that is (!!)and it seems to me that heroes influence the society, so as a result they influence mtyhs by their commitment to defend and promote honorable values. Thanks to their prominent presence, they act as model. However, even if you may get some inspiration from mystical stories and iconic figures, in the end you will have to face reality and be aware of the imperfection of mankind. In this way, we could also regard racism as being still present in our world.

Mélange étonnant d'interrogations directes et indirectes et de styles (familier et plus soutenu ...)

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de néerlandais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.