Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Publicités :

Notion/Myths and heroes

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Notion/Myths and heroes
Message de fafnir posté le 14-04-2017 à 15:54:35 (S | E | F)
Bonjour ,
Je suis élève en Terminale et je passe mes oraux d'anglais début mai.
J'ai préparé la notion "Myths and heroes" et j'aurais aimé savoir s'il était possible que quelqu'un m'indique les fautes pour que je puisse les corriger.
Merci d'avance!

The notion I’m going to deal with is myths and heroes. First of all, I’m going to give the definition of a myth and a hero. A myth is a traditional story related to a country’s culture and history. However, a hero is a person who is admired for his courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities. To illustrate this notion, I will talk about modern-day heroes. We can wonder how can an ordinary person make the world a better place. First, I will explain why ordinary people can become heroes in our eyes . Then, I will reflect on the influence or impact they have on societies.

To begin with, people are used to think that real heroes have superpowers. Yet, it should be borne in mind that everybody has the potential to become a hero. Indeed, a modern-day hero is a person who has performed a heroic act or simply our own personal hero, our role model, who we look up to. For instance, Kaylash Satyarth, the main character of the document “My hero”, should be a model for all of us. When he was a child, Kaylash saw children who were working instead of getting an education. Since that time, he collected money and left his job to help these children. Indeed, Kaylash introduced a programm which puts tags on child-labour-free products. His goals are to make people aware of the problem of child labour and to make child slavery an internation issue. By this way, Kaylash shows that everybody has the ability to make the world a better place.

Secondly, it's generally agreed that these heroes are respected for their heroic actions or for the good things they brought to the population. For example, some people join associations to help the poorest and firefighters save or help people. But some heroes do even more. Nelson Mandela was one of the historic leaders of the fight against the black's discrimination and was the first black president of South Africa. He has marked the history by his pacifist action. Mandela was against apartheid (racial separation between blacks and whites in public places in South Africa). His aim was to reconcile whites and blacks. Thanks to the document “African leaders, citizens mourn Mandela”, we learned that all the African continent mourns Mandela after his death. To put it in a nutshell, Mandela is a role model for all the African continent. Through his actions, he changed the history of his country.

To conclude, History was marked by people who defended the populations. Today, they are considered as heroes by some people. As far as I am concerned, I think heroes are the people who face many obstacles in their lives and who are taking risks to achieve their goals. These heroes can become symbols or models for some people.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 14-04-2017 17:09

-------------------
Modifié par fafnir le 18-04-2017 12:36

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de néerlandais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.