Recommandés :
- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Publicités :

The missing vowels/230

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

The missing vowels/230
Message de marit64 posté le 11-10-2017 à 23:47:34 (S | E | F)
everybody!

Find the missing vowels and unscramble the consonants in order to get the right word.

This time, I'm still giving you the number of vowels in 7 out of 10 answers.

1- To be impossible (for someone) to explain or understand. ..... (f m t s) 3

2- The right side of a ship or aircraft, from the point of view of a person looking towards the bow or front. ..... (r s d t r b)

3- To urge (someone) to do something. ..... (c t n) 3

4- A pot in which metals etc may be melted. ..... (b r c l c) 3

5- Torn and ragged pieces. ..... (r t t t s) 2

6- To play in a lively way, especially by running about, jumping etc. ..... (m r p) 1

7- Near or towards the shore. ..... (r h n s) 3

8- Very tiny living creatures floating in seas, lakes etc. ..... (k p n l n t)

9- A dog which guards someone's property etc. ..... (d w g c t h)

10- To send away in disgrace (a person from a school etc). ..... (p x l) 2

Good luck and have fun!

Have a great week!

So long

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 17-10-2017 15:28
Letter b added in question 4.

Réponse : The missing vowels/230 de afarodj, postée le 12-10-2017 à 07:19:10 (S | E)
Hi dear Marit Thank you for this new exercice.

Hi everybody

This is my try. Have a nice week.

1- To be impossible (for someone) to explain or understand. ..... (f m t s) 3.- Mystify.-

2- The right side of a ship or aircraft, from the point of view of a person looking towards the bow or front. ..... (r s d t r b).- Starboard.- Bâbord.

3- To urge (someone) to do something. ..... (c t n) 3.- Incite.- Exhorter.

4- A pot in which metals etc may be melted. ..... (r c l c) 3.- Crucible .- Cuve de fusion.

5- Torn and ragged pieces. ..... (r t t t s) 2.- Tatters.- Haillons.

6- To play in a lively way, especially by running about, jumping etc. ..... (m r p) 1.- Romp.- Défouler (se).

7- Near or towards the shore. ..... (r h n s) 3.- Onshore.- Sur la côte.

8- Very tiny living creatures floating in seas, lakes etc. ..... (k p n l n t).- .-Plancton.- Plankton.

9- A dog which guards someone's property etc. ..... (d w g c t h).- Watchdog.- Chien de garde.

10- To send away in disgrace (a person from a school etc). ..... (p x l) 2.- Expel.- Renvoyer.

Réponse : The missing vowels/230 de daisy50, postée le 12-10-2017 à 09:33:37 (S | E)
Hello Marit,

Here is my try :

1- To be impossible (for someone) to explain or understand. ..... (f m t s) 3 mystify

2- The right side of a ship or aircraft, from the point of view of a person looking towards the bow or front. ..... (r s d t r b) starboard

3- To urge (someone) to do something. ..... (c t n) 3 incite

4- A pot in which metals etc may be melted. ..... (r c l c) 3 crucible

5- Torn and ragged pieces. ..... (r t t t s) 2 tatters

6- To play in a lively way, especially by running about, jumping etc. ..... (m r p) 1 romp

7- Near or towards the shore. ..... (r h n s) 3 inshore

8- Very tiny living creatures floating in seas, lakes etc. ..... (k p n l n t) plankton

9- A dog which guards someone's property etc. ..... (d w g c t h) watchdog

10- To send away in disgrace (a person from a school etc). ..... (p x l) 2 expel

Thanks a lot for this difficult exercise, especially the numbers one, four and seven.

Have an excellent week. See you later.

Bonjour à toute l'équipe "missing vowels".

-- Thanks a lot Lucile!-----------------

Réponse : The missing vowels/230 de sanna6, postée le 16-10-2017 à 00:38:22 (S | E)
Hello

Thank you for these new words Marit!

1- To be impossible (for someone) to explain or understand. ...To mystify - Déconcerter

2- The right side of a ship or aircraft, from the point of view of a person looking towards the bow or front. ...Starboard - Tribord

3- To urge (someone) to do something. ...To incite - Provoquer

4- A pot in which metals etc may be melted. ...Crucible - Creuset (Pot de fonte)..I only see this oneLien internet

5- Torn and ragged pieces. ... Tatters - Lambeaux

6- To play in a lively way, especially by running about, jumping etc. ...To romp - Chahuter

7- Near or towards the shore. ... Inshore - Côtier

8- Very tiny living creatures floating in seas, lakes etc. ...Plankton - Plancton

9- A dog which guards someone's property etc. ... Watchdog - Chien de garde

10- To send away in disgrace (a person from a school etc). ...To expel - Exclure

I wish everyone a nice week!

Réponse : The missing vowels/230 de violet91, postée le 17-10-2017 à 10:46:02 (S | E)
Hello very dear Marit , et bonsoir à la fine équipe que j'espère en bonne forme en cette rentrée
I hope you are well and happy in your warm Canadian autumn . Don't mind me interfering, will you , but I am a little puzzled here on this game .
Before giving my twopence or two cents worth ...and playing myself , I would like to say there seems to be something strange on number 4 . I assume letter ' b ' is missing in the proposed consonants . Some of you have found it out already ...I can't think of another word myself .
See you very soon .

October 19th
Now then my turn ! Sorry for missing the deadline : too many things to do in the same time ; my kiddies and guests at home , too .

1- To be impossible (for someone) to explain or understand. ; to mystify.

2- The right side of a ship or aircraft, from the point of view of a person looking towards the bow or front. : starboard

3- To urge (someone) to do something. ....: to incite
4- A pot in which metals etc may be melted....a crucible [ 'krsibl], nothing to do with the meaning of ' The Crucible' the great play by Arthur Miller
5- Torn and ragged pieces. : tatters

6- To play in a lively way, especially by running about, jumping etc.: to romp
7- Near or towards the shore. : onshore

8- Very tiny living creatures floating in seas, lakes etc. : plankton
9- A dog which guards someone's property etc. : a watchdog ( Beware !)

10- To send away in disgrace (a person from a school etc). : to expel -expelled

That was another difficult one , dear ! Thank you ever so much , anyway : it is always pleasant and good for our neurons .

Réponse : The missing vowels/230 de flowermusic, postée le 18-10-2017 à 18:39:36 (S | E)
Hello dear Marit

That's my try :

1- To be impossible (for someone) to explain or understand. ..... (f m t s) 3 mystify

2- The right side of a ship or aircraft, from the point of view of a person looking towards the bow or front. ..... (r s d t r b) starboard

3- To urge (someone) to do something. ..... (c t n) 3 incite

4- A pot in which metals etc may be melted. ..... (r c l c) 3 ( c r c l) 3 heu + b crucible ;

5- Torn and ragged pieces. ..... (r t t t s) 2 tatters

6- To play in a lively way, especially by running about, jumping etc. ..... (m r p) 1 romp

7- Near or towards the shore. ..... (r h n s) 3 inshore

8- Very tiny living creatures floating in seas, lakes etc. ..... (k p n l n t) plankton

9- A dog which guards someone's property etc. ..... (d w g c t h) watchdog

10- To send away in disgrace (a person from a school etc). ..... (p x l) 2 expel

Have a sweet sweet week and see you soon

Hello dear violet I think you're right for number 4

Nice to see you here a bientot en Mp quand la fièvre se sera lassée

Réponse : The missing vowels/230 de chocolatcitron, postée le 18-10-2017 à 19:35:21 (S | E)
The missing vowels/230
Hello my dear Marit and Happy birthday to you because it will be in two days and you won't come to the site the day D! Be healthy and happy! Best wishes.
Hi Everybody!
Here is my work:
1- To be impossible (for someone) to explain or understand. (f m t s) 3 mystify = rendre perplexe, désorienter, dérouter, déconcerter.
2- The right side of a ship or aircraft, from the point of view of a person looking towards the bow or front. (r s d t r b) stardboard = tribord.
3- To urge (someone) to do something. (c t n) 3 incite = pousser, provoquer.
4- A pot in which metals etc may be melted. (b r c l c) 3 crucible = creuset.
5- Torn and ragged pieces. (r t t t s) 2 tatters = lambeaux.
6- To play in a lively way, especially by running about, jumping etc. (m r p) 1 romp = gambader, fôlatrer, batifoler, s'amuser, s'ébattre.
7- Near or towards the shore. (r h n s) 3 inshore = côtier.
8- Very tiny living creatures floating in seas, lakes etc. (k p n l n t) plankton = plancton (and in the atmosphere too !
9- A dog which guards someone's property etc. (d w g c t h) watchdog = chien de garde.
10- To send away in disgrace (a person from a school etc). (p x l) 2 expel = expulser.

Thank you so much, it wasn't easy... and I'm late !
Have a great week!
pour tous les missing vowels que tu as créés tout au long de cette année !!!
See you very soon !!!

Modifié par lucile83 le 17-10-2017 15:28
Letter b added in question 4...
Merci aussi à Lucile, toujours attentive, présente et de bonne humeur

Réponse : The missing vowels/230 de marit64, postée le 18-10-2017 à 23:19:21 (S | E)
Lucile, thanks a lot for having corrected my mistake.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 19-10-2017 07:42
You're welcome,marit

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Grands débutants | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies .
| Cours et exercices de néerlandais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.